Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Apr 7th 2013, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch

I too love Masterpiece Theatre. Now you will be able to watch the latest soon after airing, such as Call The Midwife, Downton Abbey and similar shows rather than waiting for them to appear on PBS.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Kitchen is rather pleasing to the eye
Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:29 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
Michael Kitchen is rather pleasing to the eye
+1. Love him. I first became aware of him, years ago, in a tv programme called Reckless. It was excellent.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
I too love Masterpiece Theatre. Now you will be able to watch the latest soon after airing, such as Call The Midwife, Downton Abbey and similar shows rather than waiting for them to appear on PBS.
Unfortunately, on ITV iPlayer you have to pay to watch Downton Abbey. No free episodes of that show. I don't think Tunnelbear or anything else will get around that.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Unfortunately, on ITV iPlayer you have to pay to watch Downton Abbey. No free episodes of that show. I don't think Tunnelbear or anything else will get around that.
I think PBS will show an episode on their website for a week or so after it has come out in the US.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Really? I was able to watch soon after it was aired in the UK and I did not have to pay.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 1:48 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Downloaded Tunnelbear and signed up for the year as it was even cheaper. First episode was missing, but went straight to wikipedia and got the synopsis. All caught up now Must say I much prefer DT with his Scottish accent. He sounded awfully stuck up in Spies of Warsaw All in all think this is a great series. Will have a look later to see what else is available. Whofan, can you give me a list of what you watch? I am not at all up on the current shows. When will the next Broadchurch come out?
I'm sure by now you already know the new episode of Broadchurch is on tonight From what I have been told and read the cast were REALLY shocked to find out who the killer was so it's going to get exciting from here I think.

I love DT's Scottish accent. I remember when I heard him talking Scottish in a Dr Who episode and thought 'Is he putting that on', but I had all the DVD's so when I was watching the 'special features' and he still had the accent I just drooled even more.

As for the current shows, I'm not really up on all of them. I just watch things like Countryside 999, Escape to the country, Broadchurch and Corrie. I'm slowly starting to catch up on other shows to see if I like them
Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I'm sure by now you already know the new episode of Broadchurch is on tonight From what I have been told and read the cast were REALLY shocked to find out who the killer was so it's going to get exciting from here I think.

I love DT's Scottish accent. I remember when I heard him talking Scottish in a Dr Who episode and thought 'Is he putting that on', but I had all the DVD's so when I was watching the 'special features' and he still had the accent I just drooled even more.

As for the current shows, I'm not really up on all of them. I just watch things like Countryside 999, Escape to the country, Broadchurch and Corrie. I'm slowly starting to catch up on other shows to see if I like them
Yes, very excited. OH went to an Irish music session last night so I was left alone and uninterrupted to watch a marathon of all 4 episodes available. I also read the killer is a surprise. I wonder if we have even met them yet.

I am checking into Escape to the Country, and will look at the others too. So far I have only accessed ITV programming through Tunnelbear, but I can get BBC too, right? And what would be the website for that: bbc player?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:40 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Yes, very excited. OH went to an Irish music session last night so I was left alone and uninterrupted to watch a marathon of all 4 episodes available. I also read the killer is a surprise. I wonder if we have even met them yet.

I am checking into Escape to the Country, and will look at the others too. So far I have only accessed ITV programming through Tunnelbear, but I can get BBC too, right? And what would be the website for that: bbc player?
I bet it's going to be someone we have already met, but someone we would never have even thought of, like the lady detective's son !!!

Yes if you want the BBC player you just go to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Tunnelbear works on anything that you would normally have to be in the UK to watch, such as some copyrighted program on You Tube for example.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

WhoFan - downloaded Tunnelbear and paying the monthly fee. But I think I am doing something wrong. I have to download it every time.. It asks me do I give permission for it to be installed on computer, says installing etc. It does this every time which doens't make sense. How do you turn it on? Do you have icon or what? sorry to ask.. I saw a decent Swedish drama series last night called Arne Dahl. It started off bit slow but ending up liking it.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:23 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan - downloaded Tunnelbear and paying the monthly fee. But I think I am doing something wrong. I have to download it every time.. It asks me do I give permission for it to be installed on computer, says installing etc. It does this every time which doens't make sense. How do you turn it on? Do you have icon or what? sorry to ask.. I saw a decent Swedish drama series last night called Arne Dahl. It started off bit slow but ending up liking it.
On my desktop there is a Tunnelbear icon which I click to access it every time. It automatically brings up a 'permission' window which I click YES and then it loads up. It brings up what looks like an old fashioned radio with a knob on the left hands side that you use your mouse to click to the ON position and on the right there is another knob which you can tune to 'US, Canada and UK'. If I could figure out how to do a screen shot I'd take a picture to show you. LOL

Ok, figured out how to do a screenshot (attached) Alternatively go to the web site and look under the HELP screen. They recommend that you delete/uninstall any other VPN software you are using because it might conflict. When you downloaded it, did it ask you to register and choose where you wanted to view?? If in doubt, uninstall it and download it again !
Attached Thumbnails Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs-screenshot-1-.png  

Last edited by WhoFan63; Apr 8th 2013 at 7:33 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Got it! For some reason Ihad 2 icons on my desk top. One of them was one you showed me but other was for like the full download. I put that one in the recycle bin! Thanks. Also noted you have bbc iplayer on your desktop how did you manage that? Thanks so much! I also got my Roku box to work so now can watch Netflix, listen to Pandora and watch free movies on my TV for $8.71 a month. Tunnelbear is for my computer until get HDMI cables..
Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:03 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Got it! For some reason Ihad 2 icons on my desk top. One of them was one you showed me but other was for like the full download. I put that one in the recycle bin! Thanks. Also noted you have bbc iplayer on your desktop how did you manage that? Thanks so much! I also got my Roku box to work so now can watch Netflix, listen to Pandora and watch free movies on my TV for $8.71 a month. Tunnelbear is for my computer until get HDMI cables..
If you go to the BBC IPlayer it gives you the option of downloading the 'iplayer for desktop'. You just have to remember to not set it to load up automatically because otherwise you get a message reminding you, that you're not in the UK. It's good for downloading shows to watch offline later
Old Apr 9th 2013, 12:43 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am even more confused now!! Only 2 more episodes to go!!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 4:16 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Gosh, after last nights episode I'm even more confused myself. LOL. Tom is looking even more guilty as is Susan..and what's the deal with her dog? Guess I'll just have to keep watching and be as surprised as everyone else when they announce who the killer is !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.