Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Nov 22nd 2013, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by lf1
Exactly. The chemistry did not work. I couldn't decide if I didn't like the character or the actress and the off the shoulder jumper with bra strap showing just got on my nerves. Who went to work in the eighties with their underwear on show? Not in my world. OK. I am now officially old
Well I for one am totally put off of even giving it a try

Completed season 1 of Last Tango in Halifax on Amazon. Just rewatched the first episode of season 2. Yup - well and truly hooked
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Gogglebox is the weirdest and best show on TV at the moment IMHO.

Basically, we just watch people watching TV. It's hilarious! Here they are watching Nigella Lawson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxkIoCATjAA

And here's a whole episode for anyone who enjoyed that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAdYvwE8I2Y
Hilarious!!
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 6:31 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool

Completed season 1 of Last Tango in Halifax on Amazon. Just rewatched the first episode of season 2. Yup - well and truly hooked
I finally got around to watching Tuesday's episode of Last Tango and I wasn't disappointed.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

"Karl Pilkington - The moaning of life."

Probably one of those people you either love or loathe. His 'logic', if that's the right word, cracks me up.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
I finally got around to watching Tuesday's episode of Last Tango and I wasn't disappointed.
Likewise, looking forward to next Tuesday
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha me too! I watched the last episode last night and now can't wait for the next series! What I like about British TV and forgive me if I have said this before, but the actors and events are so real. No veneers on their teeth or fancy clothes unless it is called for. They are such real people!
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 8:23 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
"Karl Pilkington - The moaning of life."

Probably one of those people you either love or loathe. His 'logic', if that's the right word, cracks me up.
Love that show! He's hilarious.

Last Tango in Halifax is just on the right side of soap opera for me, but it veers dangerously close to the wrong side every week. Hope they keep up the self-deprecating humour to make it manageable.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 7:44 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was OK but then again I would quite happily watch anything with Phil Glennister in it
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

What did we think of Doctor Who? No spoilers - I'm still trying to wrap my head around the conclusion, and where it goes from here. Will miss Matt Smith, that's for sure.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Parkinsons' last programme with Peter Kay on you tube. I miss old 'Parky', Read his autobiography some years back, worth a read.

Here's the youtube clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV7QanPKFyI
Old Nov 24th 2013, 12:38 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
Parkinsons' last programme with Peter Kay on you tube. I miss old 'Parky', Read his autobiography some years back, worth a read.

Here's the youtube clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV7QanPKFyI
I miss him too. I also used to enjoy his Sunday morning radio show.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 1:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

What did we think of Doctor Who? No spoilers - I'm still trying to wrap my head around the conclusion, and where it goes from here. Will miss Matt Smith, that's for sure.
Good fun as usual. It's been on at least twice here already.

Did anyone see the adventure in space and time? That was really good. Not sure how 'factual' though.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all

Another Last Tango fan here. One of you, I think it was Ifi, recommended The Indian Doctor. I downloaded series 1 & thought it was great. I also downloaded all 3 episodes of The Escape Artist & watched the first episode. It'll be a while before I watch the next. Very dramatic.

Thanks for all the recommendations.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 4:39 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

[Semi-spoiler alert for anyone who does not want to know ANYTHING about the new Borgen. No plot details, just a general comment]

Having really got into my subtitled Nordic dramas, I have been very put out by the addition of a British character in the latest series.

I guess it is to increase its popularity in English-speaking countries but I found myself hoping they'd kill him off within the first couple of episodes! I can't get used to Birgitte Nyborg speaking in ENGLISH!! Stick wih the subtitles - or make him learn to speak Danish! He is a bit of a stereotyped Englishman, nowhere near as cool as the Danish characters.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 5:01 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dunroving
[Semi-spoiler alert for anyone who does not want to know ANYTHING about the new Borgen. No plot details, just a general comment]

Having really got into my subtitled Nordic dramas, I have been very put out by the addition of a British character in the latest series.

I guess it is to increase its popularity in English-speaking countries but I found myself hoping they'd kill him off within the first couple of episodes! I can't get used to Birgitte Nyborg speaking in ENGLISH!! Stick wih the subtitles - or make him learn to speak Danish! He is a bit of a stereotyped Englishman, nowhere near as cool as the Danish characters.
Based on your recommendation I have recorded the new series. However, I have so many things recorded that I never seem to find the time to watch everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.