Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old May 16th 2013, 10:55 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

I use AceVPN and have had no issues at all.

New drama called Frankie started on BBC1 on Tuesday. She's a district nurse and first episode was good and I think it shows promise.
Old May 16th 2013, 3:24 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Anyone watching The Suspicions of Mr Whicher? Victorian murder mystery starring Olivia Coleman from Broadchurch, and based on a true story apparently. It's on ITV, so, as per the last post, I am watching it in fits and starts
I missed it - damn it..lol! I was working and by the time I got home I just ate dinner, showered and went to bed and forgot it was on..lol. Will have to catch up because that's one show I wanted to watch.

Did anyone see Olivia Coleman at the BAFTA awards? OMG she was hilarious. I don't know whether she's normally that dippy but I just couldn't help but laugh...she's wonderful!
Old May 16th 2013, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

SadInStates is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone watching The Suspicions of Mr Whicher? Victorian murder mystery starring Olivia Coleman from Broadchurch, and based on a true story apparently. It's on ITV, so, as per the last post, I am watching it in fits and starts
Yes, I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Likewise the previous one, which they kindly repeated very late at night on Friday I believe.
It reminded me very much of the earlier detective novels by Anne Perry.
Old May 16th 2013, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Not to hog the thread or anything tonight - or to change the subject - well, ok I'm doing both, but I came across this photo and had to share. Don't know how many tv watchers here like the theatre, but this is on my bucket list for as soon as I get back!
Is that the theatre in Cornwall? If so my parents went there and spent the majority of the time watching the dolphins in the bay I do want to go there myself one day!!
Old May 16th 2013, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63

Did anyone see Olivia Coleman at the BAFTA awards? OMG she was hilarious. I don't know whether she's normally that dippy but I just couldn't help but laugh...she's wonderful!
Olivia Coleman is amazing and what is even more amazing is that she won 2 BAFTA's - one for a gritty dramatic role in a fabulous series called 'Accused' and the other for a brilliant comedy - '2012'. A very versatile and talented actress. I would be very surprised if she isn't at least nominated in 2014 for her role in 'Broadchurch'!!
Old May 16th 2013, 8:14 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lorac05
Olivia Coleman is amazing and what is even more amazing is that she won 2 BAFTA's - one for a gritty dramatic role in a fabulous series called 'Accused' and the other for a brilliant comedy - '2012'. A very versatile and talented actress. I would be very surprised if she isn't at least nominated in 2014 for her role in 'Broadchurch'!!

I agree totally!! I hope Broadchurch get nominated too..and David Tennant for his role in it I'm liking Olivia more and more, and just watched episode one of 'The suspicions of Mr Whicher'. I had to laugh at the red carpet treatment before the BAFTA's when she was interviewed about trying to get DT to go out for a drink and he just wanted to go home to a nice cup of tea to study lines.....
Old May 18th 2013, 1:25 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Does anyone know where I can watch the "new" version of Upstairs Downstairs online? I know I can probably find it on YouTube but the length of videos is generally limited there, unless you have been a member for a long time and acquired a certain standing.
THIS seems to work
Old May 19th 2013, 8:09 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Case Histories, BBC drama set in Edinburgh and based on the novels of Kate Atkinson, returns tonight.
Old May 19th 2013, 8:50 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Case Histories, BBC drama set in Edinburgh and based on the novels of Kate Atkinson, returns tonight.
Love that, I love Jason Isaacs!!!
Old May 19th 2013, 9:42 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Love that, I love Jason Isaacs!!!
Me too. Last night, I tried to watch Murder on the Homefront. I was looking forward to it, but, Foyle's War it is not! To me it felt like a spoof with overacting, loud music and too much influence from CSI type shows. I had to turn it off. I suppose I should have been watching the Eurovision Song Contest. Needless to say, I was so pleased to hear that Case Histories is returning this evening because I really enjoyed the first series.
Old May 19th 2013, 9:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

I watched the first episode but I won't be watching the second. I also watched the first 2 episodes of a Life of Crime following a police woman through 3 decades. I enjoyed that. Friday nights, ITV1
Old May 19th 2013, 10:01 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
I watched the first episode but I won't be watching the second. I also watched the first 2 episodes of a Life of Crime following a police woman through 3 decades. I enjoyed that. Friday nights, ITV1
Life of Crime is exactly what I put on after trying to watch Murder on the Homefront. Life of Crime was much better and I quite enjoyed it.
Old May 19th 2013, 12:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I watched all 3 episodes of The Ice Cream Girls. I thought it was very good...the best program I've seen in a long time.

IMO David Tennant is an average actor. I can't say I've ever seen him in anything that was outstanding.
Old May 19th 2013, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
THIS seems to work
Gosh, this is terrific!!! Thank you so much!
Old Jun 4th 2013, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishtelly.wordpress.com/

Nice little blog: Everything I Know about the UK… I Learned from the BBC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.