Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Apr 26th 2013, 12:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Well, the first episode wasn't all that thrilling, but the previews for the 2nd look intriguing. Looks like it will get better.
I prefer to watch the full series than waiting a week for the next episode.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Will have to look those up. We gave up our cable TV - and saved $100 a month which goes towards the going back home kitty! So I don't watch any US TV anymore. Even my previously favourite show - Mad Men - doesn't interest me anymore. Only thing I do miss is baseball, but we could fork out for MLB tv online if we really wanted to.
I don't have cable TV anymore either. I did away with it three years ago and never really missed it. Then, about eighteen months ago, I got it back for a while and hardly watched it so I had it disconnected after six months. I really don't miss it at all.

I have little interest in the US programs and I am being quite sincere about that. There isn't a single one that interests me. I did like the Discovery channel and HGTV but that's about it and I refuse to pay all that money just for a few channels. Nowadays, I have a ball watching the iplayers And, as you said, there are better things to do with the money these days.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 7:17 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Really enjoyed the last episode of "The Syndicate". Finally got around to watching the first episode of "The Ice Cream Girls", very enjoyable.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 7:48 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Politicians Wife was good and I think it will have some good stuff to look forward to.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 8:00 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Will have to look those up. We gave up our cable TV - and saved $100 a month which goes towards the going back home kitty! So I don't watch any US TV anymore. Even my previously favourite show - Mad Men - doesn't interest me anymore. Only thing I do miss is baseball, but we could fork out for MLB tv online if we really wanted to.
I have never seen "Mad Men", but it does sound quite appealing. However, I recently read a scathing review of the new season, so could be that you are not missing much.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 8:10 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Watched the last episode of The Syndicate last night. Why did it have to end so soon.

Struggled through episode 4 of The Village. A very disappointing series...very tedious. I thought there were only 3 episodes then saw a 4th had been shown this week...so I thought I may as well watch it. How many more episodes are there? Please tell me none.
I loved the way they tied up some loose ends in the last episode of "The Syndicate". I am only half watching "The Village"'. It is just not engaging me.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

The Ice Cream Girls reminds me somewhat of Unforgiven. Don't know if that 3-part series is still available. Just saw it a couple of weeks ago. Like them both.

I am sticking with The Village, although it is a struggle at times. The best part for me is the the fate of the daughter in the family of the manor. Always interesting to see how privilege did not always mean happiness.

As for Mad Men we did see the first two episodes of this season (which we were able to watch online) and it was dreadful! Last season it had already started to go downhill but I hung in there until the end. I am beginning to see the virtue of the 3 or 6 part series (although not The Syndicate - didn't want that to end at all!)
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The Ice Cream Girls reminds me somewhat of Unforgiven. Don't know if that 3-part series is still available. Just saw it a couple of weeks ago. Like them both.

I am sticking with The Village, although it is a struggle at times. The best part for me is the the fate of the daughter in the family of the manor. Always interesting to see how privilege did not always mean happiness.

As for Mad Men we did see the first two episodes of this season (which we were able to watch online) and it was dreadful! Last season it had already started to go downhill but I hung in there until the end. I am beginning to see the virtue of the 3 or 6 part series (although not The Syndicate - didn't want that to end at all!)
I have the Ice Cream Girls episode but so far I haven't seen it. The Unforgiven was good but very predictable IMO...have to say I do like Suranne Jones.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Ice Cream Girls episode but so far I haven't seen it. The Unforgiven was good but very predictable IMO...have to say I do like Suranne Jones.
Yes, it could be that she was what made the programme as good as it was. Ice Cream Girls will most likely turn out to be similar in predictability - but hopefully not.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, it could be that she was what made the programme as good as it was. Ice Cream Girls will most likely turn out to be similar in predictability - but hopefully not.
I got myself hooked on 24 Hours in A &E last night. Must watch the previous 2 series.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:23 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

How did I miss that? Do you know what channel it was on? Now that the weather has turned from bright sunshine to pouring rain, I need some TV for ironing purposes.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by lf1
How did I miss that? Do you know what channel it was on? Now that the weather has turned from bright sunshine to pouring rain, I need some TV for ironing purposes.
It was screened in 2009...no idea if it's been repeated recently.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lf1
Got it off the ITV player. But they have removed the 1st episode already and you have only a day or so for the rest
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I got myself hooked on 24 Hours in A &E last night. Must watch the previous 2 series.
You know, I never did see that. Couldn't grasp the concept enough to actually try to watch
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:31 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

I prefer to watch the full series than waiting a week for the next episode.
That is what I should have done with "Broadchurch". I did lose a bit of interest in it as it seemed to drag in places. "The Politician's Husband" got a very good review (not that reviews are always credible) so I am hopeful that it will be enjoyable. It is written by same writer as the "The Politicians Wife"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.