Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Apr 25th 2013, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
I struggled with the first S&B of this series (not seen the previous series) but now I'm really enjoying it.

Am also really enjoying Endeavour, even though it took me falling asleep in front of the first one 4 nights in a row to get through it. Now I'm a fan.
I can't get through the first one either! Think we've tried 3 times
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I have started to watch "The Royal" and "Heartbeat", a police drama and a hospital program both set in the 1960s in Yorkshire - great programs! (Although I say I don't watch USA TV, I do watch great programs from the UK on the iplayer!!!)
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
I have started to watch "The Royal" and "Heartbeat", a police drama and a hospital program both set in the 1960s in Yorkshire - great programs! (Although I say I don't watch USA TV, I do watch great programs from the UK on the iplayer!!!)
Will have to look those up. We gave up our cable TV - and saved $100 a month which goes towards the going back home kitty! So I don't watch any US TV anymore. Even my previously favourite show - Mad Men - doesn't interest me anymore. Only thing I do miss is baseball, but we could fork out for MLB tv online if we really wanted to.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the last episode of The Syndicate last night. Why did it have to end so soon.

Struggled through episode 4 of The Village. A very disappointing series...very tedious. I thought there were only 3 episodes then saw a 4th had been shown this week...so I thought I may as well watch it. How many more episodes are there? Please tell me none.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:48 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Watched the last episode of The Syndicate last night. Why did it have to end so soon.

Struggled through episode 4 of The Village. A very disappointing series...very tedious. I thought there were only 3 episodes then saw a 4th had been shown this week...so I thought I may as well watch it. How many more episodes are there? Please tell me none.
Perhaps because there were just 6 people in the syndicate, and they'd shown the story of each one?
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Perhaps because there were just 6 people in the syndicate, and they'd shown the story of each one?
I know that...but they could have shown a little more insight into the lives of the people after they won the money. You only see their lives just after the win...they could have stretched that timeline out IMO.

The bottom line is...it was so good I didn't want it to end.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 1:42 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

I know that...but they could have shown a little more insight into the lives of the people after they won the money. You only see their lives just after the win...they could have stretched that timeline out IMO.

The bottom line is...it was so good I didn't want it to end.
+1

As an aside and off topic because I found this episode to be particularly interesting, every day 3 women die as a result of domestic violence in the US where it is also the leading cause of injury to women. I won't bore you with any more statistics, but the cycle we saw in that last episode is very typical. And there are times when the woman eventually fights back and finds herself on the wrong end of the law with the abuser being the "victim".
Old Apr 25th 2013, 1:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

+1

As an aside and off topic because I found this episode to be particularly interesting, every day 3 women die as a result of domestic violence in the US where it is also the leading cause of injury to women. I won't bore you with any more statistics, but the cycle we saw in that last episode is very typical. And there are times when the woman eventually fights back and finds herself on the wrong end of the law with the abuser being the "victim".
About five or six years ago there was an excellent one off drama starring Robson Green on British TV. The conclusion was very dramatic.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 25th 2013 at 2:29 pm. Reason: Deleted cos it gave the plot away
Old Apr 25th 2013, 2:01 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

About five or six years ago there was an excellent one off drama starring Robson Green on British TV. At first you thought he was the abuser...then you realised he was the abused. The conclusion was very dramatic.
Thanks. I shall look for that.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 2:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks. I shall look for that.
I think it maybe this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450984/.

I love RG...Christmas Lights followed by a series called Northern Lights was also very good. Funny too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0440205/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497863/
Old Apr 25th 2013, 2:33 pm

I think it maybe this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450984/.

I love RG...Christmas Lights followed by a series called Northern Lights was also very good. Funny too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0440205/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497863/
Beaten looks really good. And thanks for the other recommendations. I liked Wire in the Blood - wish there was more of that.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 2:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Beaten looks really good. And thanks for the other recommendations. I liked Wire in the Blood - wish there was more of that.
Yep another brilliant series.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:34 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

"The Politician's Husband", with David Tennant, starts tonight @ 9.00 pm on BBC 2. The review, in Sunday's paper, was very good.

I still have to watch the final episode of "The Syndicate" and the most recent episode of "Endeavour", so I will have to record "TPH".
Old Apr 25th 2013, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lf1
"The Politician's Husband", with David Tennant, starts tonight @ 9.00 pm on BBC 2. The review, in Sunday's paper, was very good.

I still have to watch the final episode of "The Syndicate" and the most recent episode of "Endeavour", so I will have to record "TPH".
Looking forward to The Politician's Husband Loved the last episode of The Syndicate - except for the fact that is was the last episode
Old Apr 26th 2013, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Looking forward to The Politician's Husband Loved the last episode of The Syndicate - except for the fact that is was the last episode
Well, the first episode wasn't all that thrilling, but the previews for the 2nd look intriguing. Looks like it will get better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.