Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Apr 5th 2013, 5:06 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Broadchurch

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Ugh, I am going to have to download something on my computer to access this programme!!! But my computer didn't like the look of hola, and I've been nervous to try anything else. Tunnelbear you say, Whofan?

And I have just blown my screen and I am now plugged into the tv until I get another computer. Any recommendations on laptops that are good at streaming video?

Anyone see Spies of Warsaw? Was not overly impressed, but I hear really good things about Broadchurch so really impatient to see it.
I really like Broadchurch so you have to watch it whenever you get the chance. I too wasn't impressed with Spies of Warsaw and in my personal opinion the only good thing about it was seeing a semi naked David Tennant..

I like Tunnelbear and the price is good too. The streaming sometimes has issues but that's probably because I use WiFi and if anyone else in the house is using the main computer at the same time it seems to be slow. But if I'm the only one online at the time then it's just like watching normal telly.

As for laptops I'm not that sure... I think so long as you have good RAM and good processing speed you should be good to go, but if you go and tell the guys at the computer stores what you're looking for they can point you in the right direction. I have a Toshiba Satellite and it works good for me.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I have Toshiba satellite as well as it is fine for my needs.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 5:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
True...and if the cast and crew didn't know then I guess we're going to have to wait until the end as well. I think there are either 3 or 4 more to go !
8 in the series. Here in Australia I can watch it with my morning cuppa on Tuesday. Be interesting to see who did it.

Ugh, I am going to have to download something on my computer to access this programme!!! But my computer didn't like the look of hola, and I've been nervous to try anything else. Tunnelbear you say, Whofan?

And I have just blown my screen and I am now plugged into the tv until I get another computer. Any recommendations on laptops that are good at streaming video?

Anyone see Spies of Warsaw? Was not overly impressed, but I hear really good things about Broadchurch so really impatient to see it.
I use AceVPN, they are very good and I have access to all UK TV channels.

Last edited by northernbird; Apr 5th 2013 at 6:11 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I'm enjoying it too! (and the new series of Scott and Bailey and looking forward to more Endeavour - the future is looking good!) No idea whodunnit, I change my mind with every episode! Must admit I wasnt a great David Tennant fan but he is growing on me and I can see the attraction now.

Is expatshield not working any more? I used to use that (with annoying ads) when I was in Australia.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 2:21 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by quoll
Yup, I'm enjoying it too! (and the new series of Scott and Bailey and looking forward to more Endeavour - the future is looking good!) No idea whodunnit, I change my mind with every episode! Must admit I wasnt a great David Tennant fan but he is growing on me and I can see the attraction now.

Is expatshield not working any more? I used to use that (with annoying ads) when I was in Australia.
Expatshield seems to work fine for others from what I've been told. I just never had any luck with it myself and it wouldn't load or work correctly from the start. Whereas with Tunnelbear it was a dead easy download, easy to operate and worked like a charm from day one. No-one could tell I'm biased
Old Apr 6th 2013, 4:11 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Broadchurch has been snapped up by BBC America for broadcast here in the US later this year. That's for those who don't have any other way to view it.. LOL
Old Apr 6th 2013, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

yep reviews are good on tunnelbear an acevpn which somebody else recommended. Hola.org has still not fixed BBC Iplayer issue so time to find something else. expatshield caused me issues so not going to use again. There are 4 Carry On movies on right now on ITV. I know they are silly but nothing better than seeing that old craggy face of Sid James and hearing his laugh
Old Apr 6th 2013, 6:17 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by fulwood
yep reviews are good on tunnelbear an acevpn which somebody else recommended. Hola.org has still not fixed BBC Iplayer issue so time to find something else. expatshield caused me issues so not going to use again. There are 4 Carry On movies on right now on ITV. I know they are silly but nothing better than seeing that old craggy face of Sid James and hearing his laugh
Hola apparently no longer support the BBC so you will no longer be able to get the BBC Iplayer on Hola.

I've just watched a couple of episodes of Countryside 999 and now I'm watching 'Escape To The Country'
Old Apr 6th 2013, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

So got my new computer My 2008 HP finally died

Got an ASUS with all I need for streaming videos. Got new router too. Will download Tunnelbear tomorrow. Have Netflix and Amazon Prime. Plan on getting Hulu Plus tomorrow too. Who needs cable? With all that I can actually get what I want (instead of endless reality shows) and still save money!
Old Apr 6th 2013, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I use Tunnelbear too but I also have HideMyAss which does not cost much more! I am so addicted to my English TV shows that when there is a slow wifi connection, I panic! The Village is great, Broadchurch took me a while to get into....off to watch Casualty now!
Old Apr 6th 2013, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

I will be able to get all episodes of Broadchurch from the beginning on Tunnelbear, right? OH was wondering if they were only up for a certain period of time.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 11:22 pm
Yorkshire Lass

I will be able to get all episodes of Broadchurch from the beginning on Tunnelbear, right? OH was wondering if they were only up for a certain period of time.
I think it's about a month so you might not get the first episode anymore but you can always check You Tube
Old Apr 7th 2013, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I think it's about a month so you might not get the first episode anymore but you can always check You Tube
Downloaded Tunnelbear and signed up for the year as it was even cheaper. First episode was missing, but went straight to wikipedia and got the synopsis. All caught up now Must say I much prefer DT with his Scottish accent. He sounded awfully stuck up in Spies of Warsaw All in all think this is a great series. Will have a look later to see what else is available. Whofan, can you give me a list of what you watch? I am not at all up on the current shows. When will the next Broadchurch come out?
Old Apr 7th 2013, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Next Broadchurch is tomorrow night. My favourite shows are Coronation Street, Casualty, Holby City, The Village, Foyles War, The Syndicate, Prisoners Wives, there are so many it really depends on what kind of shows you like. I downloaded TV Guide so I can see what shows are coming up. Enjoy!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by michali
Next Broadchurch is tomorrow night. My favourite shows are Coronation Street, Casualty, Holby City, The Village, Foyles War, The Syndicate, Prisoners Wives, there are so many it really depends on what kind of shows you like. I downloaded TV Guide so I can see what shows are coming up. Enjoy!
Ooooh tomorrow already!!! I am a Masterpiece Theatre kind of person, so any kind of period drama is right up my alley, but also travel shows and detective shows. Have no idea about the latest sit-coms, and I'm not much one for soaps. Good idea about the TV Guide. Will have a look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.