Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Old Feb 27th 2011, 5:15 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

glad your back safe and sound and all is well.
Two weeks time and i'll be home too.... can't wait! Upset at having to leave my hubby and oldest son for a few months though but it will be worth it in the end.
Get plenty of sleep and eat all that yummy food you've missed whilst being away!
xx
Old Feb 27th 2011, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppycat
Thank you for your good wishes, windsong and charleygirl. Windsong, I'm in Edinburgh. BTW, you have to accompany your pet when entering the UK via Manchester. I flew with Continental, and the Cargo Agents at check-in and, in flight, the cabin crew and even the Captain were wonderfully reassuring regarding my dog. He was the only animal on both flights, so I was concerned they remembered they were carrying an animal and that there was heating 'down below'. My dog has settled really well; no ill-effects at all...unlike me, who is still jet-lagged. I keep waking up at 3am, hungry for dinner.

Welcome home, Barb!

Poppycat - I was raised in Edinburgh and it is one place I am considering returning to - in addition to Somerset in England

If you and doggie flew on Continental what role did Pets in Jets play in all this? Are they the ones who took care of all the DFREA paperwork?

I have two dogs and two cats that are all returning with me. I thought of going on the Queen Mary but if I hear enough reports about doggies and kitties doing okay on the plane, I may go that way. I'm just not sure I would be allowed to take four animals on the same plane with me. I ought to call and find out.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

poppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nice

Originally Posted by windsong
If you and doggie flew on Continental what role did Pets in Jets play in all this? Are they the ones who took care of all the DFREA paperwork?.
Hi windsong. Pets on Jets are the clearing agents for UK Customs @ Manchester Airport and, although they don't clear animals for Continental (Continental use a company called PBS), all dogs, cats and ferrets arriving at Manchester Airport are ultimately picked up from the Pets on Jets facility. Pets on Jets don't do the DEFRA paperwork - you can either do it yourself (as I chose to do) or, if you're using a pet transportation company, that company will do the paperwork (or at least talk you through it to ensure the process is carried out in the correct order). However, it's very easy to complete the paperwork yourself; personally I didn't think employing the services of a pet transportation company was worth the money. As for my own involvement with Pets on Jets, even although they are not the clearing agents for Continental Airlines, while I was still State-side I contacted them during the final stages of the process to double-check I had crossed all the 'T's' and dotted all the 'I's' and they told me they'd be happy to review all my paperwork to ensure everything was in order prior to my arrival. I scanned and emailed everything to them. Also, I was travelling solo with heavy luggage, and when I mentioned that to them they very kindly offered to meet me on arrival at the airport and take me first to Servisair to collect the Release paperwork for my dog, and then drive me to their facility to pick up my dog. Further, they offered to drive me to Scotland for a nominal fee, so my journey was effectively door-to-door (from the airport direct to my sister's house).
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Hi windsong. Pets on Jets are the clearing agents for UK Customs @ Manchester Airport and, although they don't clear animals for Continental (Continental use a company called PBS), all dogs, cats and ferrets arriving at Manchester Airport are ultimately picked up from the Pets on Jets facility. Pets on Jets don't do the DEFRA paperwork - you can either do it yourself (as I chose to do) or, if you're using a pet transportation company, that company will do the paperwork (or at least talk you through it to ensure the process is carried out in the correct order). However, it's very easy to complete the paperwork yourself; personally I didn't think employing the services of a pet transportation company was worth the money. As for my own involvement with Pets on Jets, even although they are not the clearing agents for Continental Airlines, while I was still State-side I contacted them during the final stages of the process to double-check I had crossed all the 'T's' and dotted all the 'I's' and they told me they'd be happy to review all my paperwork to ensure everything was in order prior to my arrival. I scanned and emailed everything to them. Also, I was travelling solo with heavy luggage, and when I mentioned that to them they very kindly offered to meet me on arrival at the airport and take me first to Servisair to collect the Release paperwork for my dog, and then drive me to their facility to pick up my dog. Further, they offered to drive me to Scotland for a nominal fee, so my journey was effectively door-to-door (from the airport direct to my sister's house).
Thank you, Poppycat. That's a great help to me

I haven't started the DFREA paperwork yet as I have a while to go but considering starting it this year. I must admit to being a bit intimidated by the whole process but it sounds as if it isn't too bad - not just the paperwork but the shots for the pets, the tests - the whole works.

PS - How does doggie seem to like the UK so far
Old Feb 28th 2011, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

SomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really nice

Welcome Home Poppycat and Barb!!

Your dreams came true
Old Feb 28th 2011, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

poppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nice

Originally Posted by SomersetGirl
Welcome Home Poppycat and Barb!!

Your dreams came true
TY, SomersetGirl.

Windsong...if I had any advice to give, it would be to familiarize your pets with being in a crate (if they're not already comfortable with that), and acquaint yourself with the DEFRA procedure well before you need to begin the process. Please don't be intimidated, it's very, very straight forward, I promise! Even if you're taking more than one pet, it's the same procedure so don't let that put you off. It's not such a bureaucratic nightmare as it may first appear.

My Golden has settled really well and is having great fun exploring his new surroundings. He suffered absolutely no ill-effects from his transatlantic journey. When I picked him up from Pets on Jets he was running around the office wagging his tail, carrying his leash in his mouth. I think we tend to bestow human traits on our pets and assume our fears are their fears too, which isn't the reality of how they function. They pick up energy from us, positive and negative, and that influences their behavior, but they live in the moment and don't anticipate possible future problems the same as we do.I'm sure your pets will be fine. As long as they're with you, they'll be happy as larks.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

TY, SomersetGirl.

Windsong...if I had any advice to give, it would be to familiarize your pets with being in a crate (if they're not already comfortable with that), and acquaint yourself with the DEFRA procedure well before you need to begin the process. Please don't be intimidated, it's very, very straight forward, I promise! Even if you're taking more than one pet, it's the same procedure so don't let that put you off. It's not such a bureaucratic nightmare as it may first appear.

My Golden has settled really well and is having great fun exploring his new surroundings. He suffered absolutely no ill-effects from his transatlantic journey. When I picked him up from Pets on Jets he was running around the office wagging his tail, carrying his leash in his mouth. I think we tend to bestow human traits on our pets and assume our fears are their fears too, which isn't the reality of how they function. They pick up energy from us, positive and negative, and that influences their behavior, but they live in the moment and don't anticipate possible future problems the same as we do.I'm sure your pets will be fine. As long as they're with you, they'll be happy as larks.
lol! Thank you, Poppycat. You have made me feel much more at ease about the process. I think one of my concerns was that I might miss an important part of the DEFRA process and half way across the Atlantic, someone would check my papers and find an error and refuse entry to my pets. Now I know that there is an organization I can turn to in order to make sure I have dotted all the i's, I should be okay

And just think of all those new bushes and trees, doggie gets to sniff
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 1:30 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Okay so who's the next one to head home?
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fatcat65
Isn't it you ? lol
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 5:52 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

It's David (and his cat) flying from Canada to Brixham, Devon.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 8:23 pm
Onwards and upwards!

Originally Posted by Beedubya
It's David (and his cat) flying from Canada to Brixham, Devon.
Whens David going? Anyone else going back from Calgary to manchester on the 12th March? I'm getting really excited now i can hardly contain myself!!
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Whens David going? Anyone else going back from Calgary to manchester on the 12th March? I'm getting really excited now i can hardly contain myself!!
David and his cat are flying back on Tuesday.

Last edited by cheers; Mar 3rd 2011 at 9:17 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Guinness is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
I am new to the forum, anyone planning on moving from Toronto back to the UK???
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 8:48 pm
Onwards and upwards!

Originally Posted by Guinness
HI
I am new to the forum, anyone planning on moving from Toronto back to the UK???
Welcome Guinness, when do you go back? Where abouts in the UK are you flying into?
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Guinness is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Fatcat65
Not sure when the move is going to happen, we are overwhelmed right now. We have 2 cats and 2 dogs that we have not even started the DEFRA process with. It will more than likely be next Spring. But we are considering mabye Harrogate or somewhere else close to the dales
The first step was telling my Parents, they are extatic to say the least!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.