Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Old Jun 25th 2013, 3:14 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I've just looked up her flight on the Flightaware website....she landed at 11.26am British Summer Time

WELCOME HOME CARDIENSCARF!
+1 in spades, and a lovely day to be landing, wall to wall sunshine..
Old Jun 25th 2013, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

woo, hoo! Welcome Home - you picked a good day for it!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2013, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome home Cardienscarf !
How does it feel to be back?
Old Jun 26th 2013, 10:04 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone!

I only had 45 mins between flights so moved quickly from one to the other. Got on the plane for the second leg, we taxied and then..... sat on the runway for an hour because of bad weather along the way. We were re-routed with a flight time of 6-1/2 hours so were still scheduled to arrive on time.

I started to well up as we approached. England (don't you love that word!) has never looked more beautiful. And theeeeen, we circled for 45 mins because there was only one runway open.

Got off the plane, only one other person in front of me at Border Control, my bags came out as I walked up to Baggage Claim, walked out to see my sister and then we hugged and cried.

Got to my mum's, more hugging and crying. My dog seemed a bit dazed and confused - I think she'd written me off as a bad lot for sticking her in a crate! But I took her for a lovely walk and I think she's forgiven me now.

Endless cups of tea, birds singing, green, green, green, sunshine, 68 degrees about. Perfect.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home Cardie, glad Summer's not too miffed with you - bet you're both looking forward yo many more of those lovely walks!
Old Jun 26th 2013, 10:44 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Thank you everyone!

I only had 45 mins between flights so moved quickly from one to the other. Got on the plane for the second leg, we taxied and then..... sat on the runway for an hour because of bad weather along the way. We were re-routed with a flight time of 6-1/2 hours so were still scheduled to arrive on time.

I started to well up as we approached. England (don't you love that word!) has never looked more beautiful. And theeeeen, we circled for 45 mins because there was only one runway open.

Got off the plane, only one other person in front of me at Border Control, my bags came out as I walked up to Baggage Claim, walked out to see my sister and then we hugged and cried.

Got to my mum's, more hugging and crying. My dog seemed a bit dazed and confused - I think she'd written me off as a bad lot for sticking her in a crate! But I took her for a lovely walk and I think she's forgiven me now.

Endless cups of tea, birds singing, green, green, green, sunshine, 68 degrees about. Perfect.
Welcome home, now all you need to do is change your location on your profile, then you're really home.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 11:25 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2013, 11:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone!

Old Jun 26th 2013, 10:22 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
Welcome home Cardie, glad Summer's not too miffed with you - bet you're both looking forward yo many more of those lovely walks!
Thank you! She seems a little happier with me today. Another walk and I fed her so I'm her favourite again
Old Jun 26th 2013, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Welcome home, now all you need to do is change your location on your profile, then you're really home.
Good point! Thanks for the reminder.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by lf1
Welcome back!!!!
Thank you. Part of me feels like I never left.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Perfic. Innit.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Perfic. Innit.
Awww bless

Essex girls rule
Old Jun 30th 2013, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone!

Cardienscarf your post made me smile

There's nothing like the sound of the birds singing in the UK. I don't hear too many here, at least not nearly as many as I used to hear in the UK.

I bet the tea tastes a lot different, too!
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 1:38 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Now you can track me, make sure I get home OK
Weds 4th 18.15 From San Francisco to Heathrow. Virgin VS020

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.