Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Old May 11th 2011, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

I am guessing you will have landed by now! Hope you had a good trip (just checked flight radar and cant see you en route).

Good luck with the next step of your life!!!
Old May 11th 2011, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
Yeah today, this is my last day in Oz
I am sure your family are happy to have you home at last. All the best for your future and keep us posted on your reintegration.
Old May 12th 2011, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Thanks all.
Arrived into Glasgow yesterday afternoon and now staying in a hotel until the 20th May. I took Mrs LL and the kids to see their new home today, thankfully they love the house.
Time now to buy a couple of cars and a loads of furniture.
We're enjoying the cool weather and rain
Old May 14th 2011, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all.
Arrived into Glasgow yesterday afternoon and now staying in a hotel until the 20th May. I took Mrs LL and the kids to see their new home today, thankfully they love the house.
Time now to buy a couple of cars and a loads of furniture.
We're enjoying the cool weather and rain
Just caught up with you there!! So you're back in good old Scotland. I'm glad you sound so happy and that everyone was pleased with the house. You sound really excited, I'm just interested in how it actually feels to be back?? Does it feel as if you've come "home". I wish you all the best in your new life back in Scotland, brave decision and one that obviously has been the right one for you and your family.

Just out of interest, and you've probably posted this already, I can't remember, where did you decide to stay?? Feeling ever so slightly homesick typing this for some reason. Oh well, just need to wait and see if my future lies here in the US or back home in sunny Glasgow - sending you good wishes!!
Old May 15th 2011, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

We've moved back to Helensburgh, 25 miles or so west of Glasgow. It still feels like we are on holiday despite going on a spending spree for new furniture. I think we will realise we are here to stay once we move into the new house.
Old May 15th 2011, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

We've moved back to Helensburgh, 25 miles or so west of Glasgow. It still feels like we are on holiday despite going on a spending spree for new furniture. I think we will realise we are here to stay once we move into the new house.
When do you move into your lovely new house?

Are you feeling nervous about parting with all that money?
Old May 15th 2011, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

We move in next Friday, pick up the keys at 10.30 if it goes to plan. I paid for the house and the stamp duty last Friday, yes it was sad to see that money vanish from my bank account.
Old May 15th 2011, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

We move in next Friday, pick up the keys at 10.30 if it goes to plan. I paid for the house and the stamp duty last Friday, yes it was sad to see that money vanish from my bank account.
Only one more week and then you can say you are well and truly "home"!!! How wonderful!

Even though you had to part with all that "dough", you have bought your very own piece of UK turf and it belongs to you now )
Old May 21st 2011, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

So who is next?
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Location: Lancashire - Vic, Oz - hopefully Yorkshire or Devon
Basil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of light

Surely I can't be next as I have 9 weeks & 5 days left to go:-

SATURDAY 20/8 - THAI AIRWAYS TG 466 - MELBOURNE TO BANGKOK

SUNDAY 21/8 - THAI AIRWAYS TG 910 - BANGKOK TO LONDON HEATHROW

ARRIVE LONDON HEATHROW 21 AUG 11 - 0715 AM

Then we have to make our way ooop North by hire-car (best flight deals at the time were to LHR and not MAN unfortunately!)
Old Jun 13th 2011, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

bettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by quoll
So who is next?
I guess it's me!
Flight # TCX 695 from Vancouver to Glasgow June 15th leaving 12:15 and arriving )5:00 hrs -
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:12 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bettyboo67
I guess it's me!
Flight # TCX 695 from Vancouver to Glasgow June 15th leaving 12:15 and arriving )5:00 hrs -

Looks like it IS you!! Have a great flight, hope all goes well and WELCOME HOME on Wednesday.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Looks like it IS you!! Have a great flight, hope all goes well and WELCOME HOME on Wednesday.
Woo hoo, we have a returnee! Bon Voyage and good luck on the other side!!!
Old Jun 13th 2011, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Basil Brush
Surely I can't be next as I have 9 weeks & 5 days left to go:-

SATURDAY 20/8 - THAI AIRWAYS TG 466 - MELBOURNE TO BANGKOK

SUNDAY 21/8 - THAI AIRWAYS TG 910 - BANGKOK TO LONDON HEATHROW

ARRIVE LONDON HEATHROW 21 AUG 11 - 0715 AM

Then we have to make our way ooop North by hire-car (best flight deals at the time were to LHR and not MAN unfortunately!)
Almost but not quite!!! The time will just fly by!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

bettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Thanks Beedubya and Quoll who prompted me, although as my Mum pointed out technically it will be Thursday when I land. Am going to have a bacon sarnie with mothers pride white bread when I get to my Mums and she has already been told to get taping Corrie for me and DS who is also a fan.
Happy days!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.