A Bit of Reassurance Today...

Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:31 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: A Bit of Reassurance Today...

Originally Posted by Southerncross
I don't know where you had blue skies everyday! Certainly not in Perth, we actually have Autumn, Spring and winter when it is rains and there are even storms. You really should not generalise.

When you're somewhere you're not wanting to be you pick out the things that stick in your mind. The heat being another thing that sticks out in my mind...and I will generalise on that...it was bloody awful!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

between 40 and 45 degrees celcius today, keeping kids home from school, holed up inside air-conditioned house. That's today's update from Sunny Perth.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:01 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teabag
between 40 and 45 degrees celcius today, keeping kids home from school, holed up inside air-conditioned house. That's today's update from Sunny Perth.
why on earth are you keeping them home. our school dont let them out in this heat. they stay in the classrooms at lunchtime and recess.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by northernbird
why on earth are you keeping them home. our school dont let them out in this heat. they stay in the classrooms at lunchtime and recess.
their classrooms are like sauna's
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I see.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:20 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to say that my kids go to school in this heat, although my eldest boy got sent home yesterday because they made them do P.E in this heat and he fainted in the heat. I think it is disgusting to make any child run around in this weather, i complained to the school that i prefer him not to do P.E in these conditions. There reply was that all the other chidren were ok!!!
The school has no air-con, just fans.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I have to say that my kids go to school in this heat, although my eldest boy got sent home yesterday because they made them do P.E in this heat and he fainted in the heat. I think it is disgusting to make any child run around in this weather, i complained to the school that i prefer him not to do P.E in these conditions. There reply was that all the other chidren were ok!!!
The school has no air-con, just fans.
Our school don't make the kids do PE in the heat, they got to stay inside and do indoor activities. I agree I wouldn't want my child doing PE in this heat.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

We had kids fainting in the classroom!
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:30 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

We had kids fainting in the classroom!

Poor little mites, that's dreadful! If tradesmen here are working on a union site, they have to down tools if it reaches 37.5ยบ C's, so why do they make children work in schools without proper air-conditioning?
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:09 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

I can remember one lovely sunny morning when it was just before 9am and the heat was already about 30c and my daughter started crying, I asked her what was the matter? She replied that it was to hot in school.
There was no air con and they always did P.E no matter what the weather, and as long as they had a flask of water it was ok.
On really hot days they were allowed to take a flannel and a water spray for their faces......oh they were spoilt!!
Just think how the packed lunch looked by dinner time!!! MMMmmmmm
Old Mar 9th 2007, 12:49 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeyray
I can remember one lovely sunny morning when it was just before 9am and the heat was already about 30c and my daughter started crying, I asked her what was the matter? She replied that it was to hot in school.
There was no air con and they always did P.E no matter what the weather, and as long as they had a flask of water it was ok.
On really hot days they were allowed to take a flannel and a water spray for their faces......oh they were spoilt!!
Just think how the packed lunch looked by dinner time!!! MMMmmmmm

That's another thing I loathe about the schools here, the fact that the children eat outside, no matter what the weather. Okay, they have under cover areas, but not all the children can cram into them, so the ones that can't are left to sit around the outside of the school. You'd have thought in this country that an indoor canteen, or at least a large indoor area, would be imperative. I like the idea of a school canteen where all the children sit at a table together and are supervised, surely it's only manners?