As an American I have to say...

Old Nov 13th 2016, 8:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: As an American I have to say...

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby
..... Have you actually paid attention to all that Hilary has done in her lifetime? She's spent her life trying [1] and succeeding [2] in helping people. ....
How was the Kool-aid?

Your first assertion [1] is dubious, and I would dispute whether it is her whole life's work - she's hardly Mother Teresa, is she?

Your second assertion [2] is highly subjective at best, though I suppose it depends how you define "successful help".
Old Nov 13th 2016, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
How was the Kool-aid?

Your first assertion [1] is dubious, and I would dispute whether it is her whole life's work - she's hardly Mother Teresa, is she?

Your second assertion [2] is highly subjective at best, though I suppose it depends how you define "successful help".

You are showing your literal ignorance of the facts and being sarcastic and rude to top it off.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 8:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

You are showing your literal ignorance of the facts and being sarcastic and rude to top it off.
I am well versed with the facts and have followed the Clinton saga since the 1980's.

I am sorry that my calling out your attempt to pass off unduly flattering opinions as "facts" offended you.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 13th 2016 at 9:06 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

I am well versed with the facts and have followed the Clinton saga since the 1980's.

Apparently not.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

And now Bannon, an extreme white racist, anti-Semitic, anti-immigrant is going to be in the Whitehouse.

And on the day Trump is sworn in, he's planning on undoing the ACA and millions of people will be in jeopardy in terms of their health and finances. Now, people WILL suffer and die as a result of Trump being elected.

Anyone who can't see the danger here is either stupid or are choosing to look the other way...or they agree with everything he stands for and will do to the American people.

Last edited by Downton Gabby; Nov 13th 2016 at 9:53 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 9:17 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Could a passing Mod please shift this thread to the Trailer Park where it belongs?
Old Nov 13th 2016, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Could a passing Mod please shift this thread to the Trailer Park where it belongs?
I'm just curious why you want this moved. How does this bother you enough to make a request like that?
Old Nov 13th 2016, 9:43 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just curious why you want this moved. How does this bother you enough to make a request like that?
It doesn't bother me at all, but I've no clue why you started this thread in MBTTUK.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 9:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I originally thought the same...but there are plenty of threads about the US in other forums...i.e. Canada, ME forums.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 10:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It doesn't bother me at all, but I've no clue why you started this thread in MBTTUK.
It is because this is where Downton Gabby usually chats & the people she ordinarily chats with are in here.

It's fine in here. Crike! We even have one in the Sheep Dip and the Sand Pit.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
It is because this is where Downton Gabby usually chats & the people she ordinarily chats with are in here.

It's fine in here. Crike! We even have one in the Sheep Dip and the Sand Pit.
Thank you, Bevs
Old Nov 13th 2016, 10:51 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
At the very least it's a major conflict of interest. This debate is interesting because everyone is arguing like it's a zero sum game. It's not; both candidates represented appalling choices.
I agree that neither candidate was a good choice, I'm just continually surprised that people always seem to use Clinton's "lies" and "corruption" as a reason to vote for Trump but ignore the very same behaviour when it comes from him.

I mean, what part of his personality and previous conduct gives anyone any reason whatsoever to believe that he's interested in helping anyone other than himself? Is it his payoffs to Bondi? His Russian ties? His racial housing discrimination? His mafia ties? His court case for fraud and embezzlement? His failure to pay his contractors? His repeated lies about donating to charity? His refusal to release his tax returns?

Yes, they were two bad candidates. But everybody needs to come up with a better reason for voting for Trump than "... but Clinton lied! And she's corrupt!"
Old Nov 13th 2016, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Wintersong
I agree that neither candidate was a good choice, I'm just continually surprised that people always seem to use Clinton's "lies" and "corruption" as a reason to vote for Trump but ignore the very same behaviour when it comes from him. ....
You may find this perceptive CNN article from four weeks ago informative.

It certainly describes my own feelings fairly closely. In short many of his supporters know what he is saying is unrealistic, but it is mostly his critics who are taking him literally.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 13th 2016 at 11:07 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 11:19 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

You may find this perceptive CNN article from four weeks ago informative.

It certainly describes my own feelings fairly closely. In short many of his supporters know what he is saying is unrealistic, but it is mostly his critics who are taking him literally.
I totally agree - I have no doubt that he's a con-man. I have no doubt that HE doesn't really believe that he's going to build a wall, deport all illegals, commit war crimes, and ban Muslims.

Unfortunately it's an undeniable fact that a significant proportion of his supporters DID believe it. Or, at the very least, WANTED to believe it. They're the ones I'm worried about, not Trump.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 12:38 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

In short many of his supporters know what he is saying is unrealistic, but it is mostly his critics who are taking him literally.
Well if that's the best reason for supporting him it's really not a very good one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.