5 Years On

Old Jun 4th 2017, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 5 Years On

Originally Posted by scot47
Seriously - I am posting partly to let people see that as a retirement destination the Isle of Bute is not so bad ! And housing is available - from housing associations and private landlords. the natives are friendly. Most of them.
Haven't lost your sense of humor I see😆 sorry to hear about the dialysis! But glad you are coping and still loving life on Bute. See you in September xxx
Old Jun 6th 2017, 1:59 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously - I am posting partly to let people see that as a retirement destination the Isle of Bute is not so bad ! And housing is available - from housing associations and private landlords. the natives are friendly. Most of them.
Have you got a university? Maybe I can convince the Little Lion to go there and we can all move with him.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Glasgow is within commuting distance. Paisley too. Lots of universities close by but watch out for those hefty fees for foreign students. Those resident in SCO for three years are exempt.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neptune%27s_Staircase

Off to this today on a group excursion. One of the wonders of the Industrial Revolution it predates the railways and those ghastly motorways.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 2:14 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neptune%27s_Staircase

Off to this today on a group excursion. One of the wonders of the Industrial Revolution it predates the railways and those ghastly motorways.
So, how was it?
Old Sep 7th 2017, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

"Worth seeing, but not worth going to see !" as that English visitor, Dr Johnson said of another part of Scotia.

On a cheerier note some new arrivals are positive about my native land -

Malek’s journey from Syria and hopes for the future - The Buteman
Old Sep 17th 2017, 2:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reflecting on life here. i spent an exhausting afternoon being bossed around by my three-year-old granddaughter. Discovered that the secret is to let her watch "Peppa Pig" on Youtube.

Weekends I have some respite from Dialysis. Going to Glasgow nest weekend to see "Victoria and Abdul". It is slated by some critics for being insufficiently critical of British Rule in India. I will reserve judgement and go anyway. At Glasgow Film Theatre, where I am regular visitor to afternoon showings.

Hoping to do Holiday Dialysis in Ger,many in 2018 using my EHIC before Brexit hits us.
Old Feb 11th 2018, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have moved to a new apartment. On ground floor - so no stairs. With a modern "Wetroom". I am still a fan of our Housing Association - my landlord here, My other news is that I have succeeded in my application for "Holiday Dialysis" in Germany. I wonder if the EHIC will still be accepted after the disaster of BREXIT.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 1:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I have moved to a new apartment. On ground floor - so no stairs. With a modern "Wetroom". I am still a fan of our Housing Association - my landlord here, My other news is that I have succeeded in my application for "Holiday Dialysis" in Germany. I wonder if the EHIC will still be accepted after the disaster of BREXIT.
It all sounds good to me. Very pleased you get to have a bit of a break.
Everyone needs a little difference in their lives.
Old Feb 18th 2018, 3:29 am

Well done - go for it now.
Old Feb 18th 2018, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am doing a bit of forward planning in this. "One Day At A Time" is a good philosophy but we also need a wee bittie of forward planning - even if "We are all doomed".
Old Feb 18th 2018, 8:59 am
`

I am doing a bit of forward planning in this. "One Day At A Time" is a good philosophy but we also need a wee bittie of forward planning - even if "We are all doomed".
Mate!

Pack a curly cheese sandwich and you are good to go.
Old Feb 25th 2018, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Curly cheese sandwich ? Cheese and other dairy products are not allowed on the "Renal Diet". I ignore the dietician and her theories. I eat what i feel is the best.
Old Jun 29th 2018, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Off tonight to a bash in the Great Hall of Rothesay Castle. Previously the residence of Scottish kings. King Robert III died there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_III_of_Scotland

Celebrations are staged by "Friends of Rothesay Castle" of which I am a junior member.

Last edited by scot47; Jun 29th 2018 at 5:40 pm. Reason: add info
Old Jun 30th 2018, 4:54 am
`

Off tonight to a bash in the Great Hall of Rothesay Castle. Previously the residence of Scottish kings. King Robert III died there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_III_of_Scotland

Celebrations are staged by "Friends of Rothesay Castle" of which I am a junior member.
Oh WOW. That is surely going to be ace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.