5 Years On

Old May 13th 2016, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 Years On

Scot47 - you have been thru the ringer! Hope you are feeling better..
Old May 13th 2016, 3:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by scot47
Just had two visits to hospital. After the first I changed my name to Scot Nine Toes. Amputation of big toe due to infection of the bone (Osteomyelitis). Two days after discharge I had a hard attack and had to be readmitted.

Vae mihi !

Determined to keep going until I reach three score and ten in 2017 ! And then for a bit more. Life is sweet. Getting old is tough but it is better than the alternative.
OMG Scot Nine Toes.

No half measures for you.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Old May 13th 2016, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Just had two visits to hospital. After the first I changed my name to Scot Nine Toes. Amputation of big toe due to infection of the bone (Osteomyelitis). Two days after discharge I had a hard attack and had to be readmitted.

Vae mihi !

Determined to keep going until I reach three score and ten in 2017 ! And then for a bit more. Life is sweet. Getting old is tough but it is better than the alternative.
Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery
Old May 13th 2016, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Planning my birthday bash now. Considering possibilities for the venue and wondering which of my harem to invite.
Old May 13th 2016, 12:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Planning my birthday bash now. Considering possibilities for the venue and wondering which of my harem to invite.
Take a leaf out of my Scottish godmother's book. She planned her 90th birthday party - well actually, make that parties. She had one during the day for what she described as "the old people" and then the "real party" in the evening for the young and the dancing of reels, and she counted herself in the second group rather than the first. Even at 90 she always had men fluttering round her willing to do her bidding.
Old May 13th 2016, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy. You deserve it after all that has happened
Old Jun 25th 2016, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

After my THIRD visit to hospital for an angiogram, followed by kidney malfunction, I vowed to do a few things I have been putting off. In the footsteps of Saint Columba I travelled to Iona via the isle of Mull. Columba used a coracle. I used Caledonian Macbrayne steamers and West Coast Motors ! Mull was interesting. Quite wild and undeveloped in comparison to where I live on the Isle ofBute.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 2:57 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

In the Telegraph today I read an article about the Syrian refugees that are now living on the Isle of Bute. Some really like it, and are happy to be there. Mostly though, they say they are bored, there is nothing to do, and they feel that most of the Bute residents are old retired people, waiting to die!

Have you been chatting to them Scot47?
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know some of them in the sense that I smile and say hello when I see them. A couple of times I helped out in local shops when they had communication problems. I have not discussed the newspaper article with them. The usual biased reporting that we get in newspapers.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute

I love Bute, my great aunt lived there (Rothesay) till her last day (passed in 2009 at the age of 88) she had a lovely little cottage at the end of Wyndham Park, I could go there and stare out the window all day long and be happy.

I'm not surprised that some people are complaining about the lack of things to do in Bute, but I'm sure its much better than other circumstances individuals could find themselves in.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...lies-resettled

Ian Jack who wrote the piece has a holiday home here. His piece is a bit more positive than the vitriolic reports in the Mail and Telegraph. I liked especially the story about the local Greengrocer, Jessmay, and the Oregano !
Old Jul 31st 2016, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Incidentally, if you find Bute boring then go and live on Mull, Colonsay or Barra for a few weeks !
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute

Incidentally, if you find Bute boring then go and live on Mull, Colonsay or Barra for a few weeks !
I love Bute, its definitely the Island with the most going on
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

isle of Lewis is also okay - but for some the use of Gaelic is an obstacle.

My news for today is that I am to get hemodialysis soon. They told me I should stop drinking coffee !! I am away to look for a rope to hang myself with. No coffee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She suggested that I could use CAMP COFFEE !
Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Housing - we still have empty houses on Bute. So too does the Pentland Housing Association in Thurso ! Far away from the rat race. Since the closure of the power station at Dounreay, population has fallen drastically.

Your chance to escape from London !
NB Weather is afew degrees cooler in Caithness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.