4 days to go....

Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Linda Maxwell will become famous soon enoughLinda Maxwell will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 4 days to go....

Hi Scottish, it's been a beauty of a day here, I went shopping to get grandson and his mum a heap of presents. toys r us, asda, braehead, argos all have magic sales on, it's christmas again. They arrive in Glasgow on thursday at 12.30 lunchtime, can't wait, Look out for Levi at Auckland airport, he will be the 3 year old running around like crazy. See you soon, have an AWESOME trip.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 9:06 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Linda

LOL... so looks like we are leaving Auckland the same time as your grandson.

Looking forward to coming HOME see you on the other side for coffee at Braehead......
xx

ps who is your grandson flying with?
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Linda Maxwell will become famous soon enoughLinda Maxwell will become famous soon enough

they are flying with Emirates, at about 6.30 in the evening. Coffee at Braehead sounds just great.
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 9:24 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Scottish,
You have a safe journey,thinking of you both.
xxx
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Canucklehead is an unknown quantity at this point

Scottish (also J and M) and Deb+Chris: Have as safe journey and a great welcome home. Not long now until central heating, double glazing and the pub!
Best wishes....
Canucklehead aka Mapleleaf
Old Jan 29th 2005, 3:36 pm

We are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes it feels good.

Noticed me old mate Debs posted a Im back too so ditto to all that she said.

Arrived into Manchester rather grey skies, but did the smile test LOL and they all smiled back. So that was a good start. Got picked up by hubbys boss, collected car then headed to the hotel for the night. After a few hours kip and hugging the central heating radiator like it was my long lost friend we thought lets go and visit mates. Few hours later and jet lag creeping in we headed back to the hotel and slept like babies. Next day off to hubbys office again, then a few hours later headed home via some beautiful countryside.

The we seen it. The most loveliest site we have seen in ages "Welcome to Scotland" and there wasnt a cloud in the sky!!!! but god was it cold. Not to worry mind you we were going home to central heating!!!

Had my first shopping fix in 10 months and god how cheap is the Uk in comparison to NZ?? Had to double look on some of the prices thinking it was a misprint ha ha.

So all is well with us and the pooch is jetlagged too.

Loving being back guys!!!

xxxx

ps how good are pub lunches lol
Old Jan 29th 2005, 3:45 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by scottish

Arrived into Manchester rather grey skies, but did the smile test LOL and they all smiled back. So that was a good start. Got picked up by hubbys boss, collected car then headed to the hotel for the night. After a few hours kip and hugging the central heating radiator like it was my long lost friend we thought lets go and visit mates. Few hours later and jet lag creeping in we headed back to the hotel and slept like babies. Next day off to hubbys office again, then a few hours later headed home via some beautiful countryside.

The we seen it. The most loveliest site we have seen in ages "Welcome to Scotland" and there wasnt a cloud in the sky!!!! but god was it cold. Not to worry mind you we were going home to central heating!!!

Had my first shopping fix in 10 months and god how cheap is the Uk in comparison to NZ?? Had to double look on some of the prices thinking it was a misprint ha ha.

xxxx

Welcome back to your piece of heaven.

All the very best from one that has done it.

Merlot

Old Jan 29th 2005, 10:52 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Scottish,
Oh, It sounds sooo lovely!!! Nice to hear you made it back safe. I'm very happy for you. Glad your dog made the trip ok. Did your dog have any problems besides a little jet lag?
Old Jan 30th 2005, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Congrats to be back-glad you are happy again.
M.

Originally Posted by scottish

xxxx

Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Is there anything or anyone you think you may miss in NZ? Same question to Deb+Chris also newly arribed back.
Congrats on feeling you have made the right decision and that you are happy.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice

[QUOTE=scottish] Wonderful news, hope manchester was a lovely sight can't wait to see it. Did you find the traffic really bad or was it like you'd never been away, all people say is that you'll notice a difference etc etc but so what I can drive fast too and i'd rather be driving down the m1 at 99mph (just so i don't get banned) than 100km on a state highway over here (how can they call a single laned road a state highway!!!). Pleased to hear that the prices are cheap cos thats another thing they all go on about, and was it just great to go into a supermarket and have choice?
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:26 am

Im afraid right now we dont miss anything about NZ. Maybe the hot sun this now but right now even though its cold the sky is blue and we have central heating to keep us warm indoors.

Marbles:

We cant get over who cheap things are here. Even the price of cars etc. House prices are high but we all knew that.

We are so glad we made the decision to come back home, no regrets!!!! Hubby is doing a job that he feels appreciated in and life is good.

xxx
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:39 am
Deb+Chris

Originally Posted by Apollo10
Is there anything or anyone you think you may miss in NZ? Same question to Deb+Chris also newly arribed back.
Congrats on feeling you have made the right decision and that you are happy.
Nothing at all... The scenery etc. is all well and good but life isn't all about that is it?

Driving on the motorway in Rush hour through Manchester city centre yesterday was neverracking though.. will have to get my confidence back and take it slowley.

And about the cost of things:- It definately IS cheaper in the Uk for just about everything (except houseprices of course).. you should have seen our shopping trolley LOL. Have noticed that even in the short time we have been away, the cost of electrical goods have fallen dramatically!! DVD players for a fiver LOL.

Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:00 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Deb and Chris,
Just wanted to say congrats. Cant wait until my turn. I was going to congrat you on your returning post but it was locked Due to other jealous or inconsiderate posters . I wish you well, and please keep us updated on everything you can. It relly helps us 'soon to arrive' posters.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by callë
Scottish,
Oh, It sounds sooo lovely!!! Nice to hear you made it back safe. I'm very happy for you. Glad your dog made the trip ok. Did your dog have any problems besides a little jet lag?
No problems except the jetlag and very hungry!!!! I think hes not too sure whats happening but one thing that made us laugh he remembered his walking route and his favourite parks.

Good luck with your trip back!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.