Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

2 and a half years in Perth and I'm going home

2 and a half years in Perth and I'm going home

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 and a half years in Perth and I'm going home

Think I can manage more than one rowie for you.

Thanks for the good wishes
Old Nov 28th 2009, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice

why do i read threads like this it always makes me so homesick to see my family but not the place, good luck in your new adventure, Paul
Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Gaun yersel hen. I'm so bloody pleased fur ye because I'm at the sick of this place stage. Every day huz seemed like wan hurdle efter another. Gie me Scots oor this mob anyday.
NO PLACE LIKE HOME
Old Nov 29th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Still alive and kicking ~ got a temporary rental until we find something more permanent.

I'm bloody freezing .....
Old Nov 29th 2009, 8:58 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
Gaun yersel hen. I'm so bloody pleased fur ye because I'm at the sick of this place stage. Every day huz seemed like wan hurdle efter another. Gie me Scots oor this mob anyday.
NO PLACE LIKE HOME
Maybe they just can't understand what you're talking about!
Old Nov 29th 2009, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Well done Jan for making such difficult decisions. I hope you guys are really happy and settle back into life in Scotland. All the best.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 1:08 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Jan i truely hope it all works out for you and yer family.Im making the move back in march,new adventures await bernieboy
Old Nov 30th 2009, 1:49 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Good luck Jan i truely hope it all works out for you and yer family.Im making the move back in march,new adventures await bernieboy
OMG didnt realise, goodluck am so jealous
Old Nov 30th 2009, 1:59 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
OMG didnt realise, goodluck am so jealous
Not wanting to hijack Jans thread but i have had a shocking year since moving here and not the fault of oz.My wife left(),i lost my brother last week and my best friend a few weeks before that,nursing here is sooooooo backward,the heat well my god NO !!!!! Apart from that my son is really missing me back in uk,have not been the best dad in the world so now is the time to make things right,we cant get that time back with our kids when its gone.So upwards and onwards for BB plus Jan has promised me a wee cup of tea and some shortcake when im passing by
Old Nov 30th 2009, 2:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Not wanting to hijack Jans thread but i have had a shocking year since moving here and not the fault of oz.My wife left(),i lost my brother last week and my best friend a few weeks before that,nursing here is sooooooo backward,the heat well my god NO !!!!! Apart from that my son is really missing me back in uk,have not been the best dad in the world so now is the time to make things right,we cant get that time back with our kids when its gone.So upwards and onwards for BB plus Jan has promised me a wee cup of tea and some shortcake when im passing by

sounds like all the right reasons to go home, and for the nursing part, I HATE IT HERE!!!! I have to drag myself in !! would love to go to work one day and for just one day the nurses didnt take thierselves so seriously!! ffs
Old Nov 30th 2009, 2:44 am
FREE TIBET

sounds like all the right reasons to go home, and for the nursing part, I HATE IT HERE!!!! I have to drag myself in !! would love to go to work one day and for just one day the nurses didnt take thierselves so seriously!! ffs
Shit and i thought it was me,i know what ya mean
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:13 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Hi just read the whole of this thread and made me soo homesick, I am also in perth with the sun and a pool and pretty well off - but I miss my friends and family so much I am also wondering if its worth it. I hated living in UK as was cold and grey but now I am wondering if I can put up with that for the sake of having family and friends and whats really important. Thing is a keep changing my mind, its a huge decision. I think u are very brave to make the decision and do it. I will probably spend the next 4 years chopping and changing my mind.....

as for nursing I am a student nurse here and I hate it - I loved it in UK and just want to get my degree finished now and not be a nurse - I hate prac here in Aus, wish I had of finished my studies in UK.....

Keep us posted please, I cant wait for the next instalment
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Maybe they just can't understand what you're talking about!
Shut it ya knob
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hi just read the whole of this thread and made me soo homesick, I am also in perth with the sun and a pool and pretty well off - but I miss my friends and family so much I am also wondering if its worth it. I hated living in UK as was cold and grey but now I am wondering if I can put up with that for the sake of having family and friends and whats really important. Thing is a keep changing my mind, its a huge decision. I think u are very brave to make the decision and do it. I will probably spend the next 4 years chopping and changing my mind.....

as for nursing I am a student nurse here and I hate it - I loved it in UK and just want to get my degree finished now and not be a nurse - I hate prac here in Aus, wish I had of finished my studies in UK.....

Keep us posted please, I cant wait for the next instalment

sorry your not happy in your nursing, but hang in for grim death and finish your degree, even if you never nurse agai it will open doors into other things for you.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:08 am
FREE TIBET

sorry your not happy in your nursing, but hang in for grim death and finish your degree, even if you never nurse agai it will open doors into other things for you.
Totally agree stick at it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.