12th March can't come fast enough

Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:12 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light
Default 12th March can't come fast enough

FLIGHTS BOOKED YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Booked my youngest sons flight and my flight back home for 12th March and I can't wait! My OH and oldest son will come when he's done school in May/June.

How do you move back though with only 20 kilos of baggage allowance! We're not taking anything back with us other than dvd's, photos, ps stuff etc and my shed load of clothes!! Guess i'm going to have to trim my wardrobe..again!!
Anyway its a huge relief that we're all booked and out of here back to reality!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 12th March can't come fast enough

Thinking of you

Yep,we will make drastic luggage cuts .

Our car (though an SUV) has very little storage ,and there is only *so * much my relatives (that are collecting us ) will hold also !

Oh well ,I did it coming this way and survived .I am sure we will live to tell the tale of how we "came back to this country in 2011,with just 4 suitcases "

Good luck packing .
Old Feb 16th 2011, 2:09 am
aussie married to a brit!

chocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatcat65
Booked my youngest sons flight and my flight back home for 12th March and I can't wait! My OH and oldest son will come when he's done school in May/June.

How do you move back though with only 20 kilos of baggage allowance! We're not taking anything back with us other than dvd's, photos, ps stuff etc and my shed load of clothes!! Guess i'm going to have to trim my wardrobe..again!!
ooohh!
we are leaving two days after you!

you can send stuff back through an excess baggage company for around $6.00 kg...
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatcat65

In someways it might be a blessing..lol..we had a container and then had to try and find somewhere to rent asap as we did not want our things in storage (which is what happend anyway)

You have what you need for now and thats all that counts....good luck and the very best of wishes to you and your boys, I came with our two boys and my Oh followed later on in the year.....
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:30 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocciecake
ooohh!
we are leaving two days after you!

you can send stuff back through an excess baggage company for around $6.00 kg...
Is that price from Australia??? $6.00 per kilo!!!!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:32 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

All the very best to the OP and her son. Safe flight and all that.

It is amazing at how ruthless you can be when you have to be! I got mine down to 2 suitcases and about 8 or 9 boxes, not bad after 30 years of Australia LOL!!

I only have 9 sleeps left myself!!!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:58 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beedubya
All the very best to the OP and her son. Safe flight and all that.

It is amazing at how ruthless you can be when you have to be! I got mine down to 2 suitcases and about 8 or 9 boxes, not bad after 30 years of Australia LOL!!

I only have 9 sleeps left myself!!!
thank you, and good luck to you too. I went to UPS today to see how much it would cost to send a 20 x20 box back to the UK and nearly passed out when she said $640...our flights didn't cost that much??? So i guess i'll be paying excess baggage....again! I turned the charm on when we came out to Canada and got the cost of excess down to half what it should have been...might try the same tactic...low top, tight jeans!! Knowing my luck it would be a woman sorting the baggage out!!
Where you heading back to in the UK? I bet the excitement is kicking in now?? all the best
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 19 days behind you fatcat and I can't wait to get out of here either! I know what you're saying about the baggage restrictions, I'm barely going to get my laptop on in my hand baggage but fortunately I can leave stuff with my dad to be brought back on visits if need be. I just checked out this site called Excess Baggage Company; apparently they do shipments back to UK at what looks like a reasonable price. http://www.excess-baggage.com/ I'm seriously going to check them out. Good luck with your trip home!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

jamesbulman is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to steal thunder or anything, but after two years in Montreal and I'm flying back to the UK on Friday

My stuff is with the shipping company, furniture is all sold / given to charities, I hand my apartment keys in on Friday, go to work for my last day and then go catch the plane!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesbulman
Not to steal thunder or anything, but after two years in Montreal and I'm flying back to the UK on Friday

My stuff is with the shipping company, furniture is all sold / given to charities, I hand my apartment keys in on Friday, go to work for my last day and then go catch the plane!
Congrats - where in the UK are you heading back to?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

the davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nice

Another deserter here fly back with kids 2nd March from Calgary

Been here (SK) just over 4 years, had enough going back to Gloucestershire hubby to follow later.

Good luck to everyone hope it all works out
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:36 pm
aussie married to a brit!

chocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Is that price from Australia??? $6.00 per kilo!!!!

http://www.worldbaggage.com.au/Estimate.aspx

yeah, its actually $5.50 per kilo, so for 50 kgs we will pay $360, but that also includes an $85 charge for Documentation, Handling, Airline Insurance.

if you have enough kilos its cheap but if you are only a few kilos overweight, then their site shows $230 quote even if i put in only 5 or 10 kgs ? and it doesn't seem as good an option with the other charges on top.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:50 am
Just Joined

jamesbulman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorac05
Congrats - where in the UK are you heading back to?
I'm staying with my folks for a week in Reading, then it's off to Edinburgh to start a new job!

I've never lived in Scotland before so it's going to be a new adventure
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, it's becoming the "Abandoning Canada" thread
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:29 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Wow, it's becoming the "Abandoning Canada" thread
That's what I was thinking too - now what are we both doing in this part of the forum?

Good luck everyone going back - someone have a saveloy and chips for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.