11 Weeks and Counting

Old Jun 18th 2012, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 11 Weeks and Counting

Originally Posted by stroudie
Hi,

We have just come back from a 5 week trip back home and are now planning our permanent retrun after 16 years in Alberta. I have a couple of questions:
What container comapny did you use and did you pack it yourselves?? Why did you use a container instead of regular movers?
Will your dog have to go into quarantine? Does he have a pet passport?

We are planning to be back home by this time next year and are getting excited about the move already. Good Luck John.
Stroudie

I used GB Liners to return me back to the UK, I have a local contact name and number if you require the information. I used them for the full service of pack, wrap and load a 40ft container. The container contents are going into GB liners storage until I return to the UK at the end of Aug, then I will arrange delivery, unpacking and erection of beds etc, which is included in my cost. There is people on this website that have packed a container themselves if you do a search.

As for the dog I am using a company call Ladyhaye, (UK Pet Agency) who can quote you directly. No the dog does not go into quarantine, if you follow DEFRA requirements, there is plenty of links on this website what is required of you when preparing your pet. Ladyhaye has the information and the requirements on their website as well.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 12:12 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 11 Weeks and Counting

Originally Posted by Back2UK
Only 11 weeks left in Canada before I make the trip back home(UK).

Applied for 2 jobs (what I did before I left the UK), container arrives in UK next week, dog has had its 1st vet visit in prep of flying, car is nearly sold(2 interested parties) and leaving party booked.

I guess I am nearly there, yeahhh
Good luck on your return and let us know how it all goes.