11 months on.....

Old Jul 18th 2011, 11:47 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default 11 months on.....

My story is not exactly like the others on here, but after having been a wildly enthusiastic contributor to this site in the past, I faded in to the background as life threw up some interesting challenges that needed to be addressed, but I am back now and ready to roll on

I was born and raised in Dubai and was enrolled in a school that followed the British curriculum, so I completed my GCSE's, and A-levels just like any other teenager in the UK. Have to admit that I did find it a bit weird learning about hedgerows and Viceroys when I was living in the Middle East. Anyway, that's where my fascination with the UK came from.

Back in late 2004 I first came to the UK to study and three degrees later I moved back to Dubai for three years to take up my first ever full time job. In mid 2010, I threw in the towel, quit, got myself a Tier 1 General visa and got a one way flight to London And yes, before you ask, it was dead scary!!!!

Anyway, a couple of weeks after getting here, I got a job and now 11 months on, I am a very happy bunny indeed. I love London!!!

Although I had tonnes of mates when I was at uni here, a lot of them were from the EU, so none of them are still here. Would be good to meet a few new people and make a few new friends. Quiz nights, movie nights, you name it

So yes, I have moved back to the UK after some time away and I am loving it, including the wet summer we're having so far. Makes a welcome change to the 42C heat in Dubai at this time of year! Ouch!!!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 11:55 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 11 months on.....

Hello you,

It's so nice to see you, I've often wondered how you were getting on.

I'm so pleased that things are going well for you in the UK.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 12:02 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sue
Hello you,

It's so nice to see you, I've often wondered how you were getting on.

I'm so pleased that things are going well for you in the UK.
Thanks

It's been a while since I was last on here, so been playing around with things, looking at all the karma stuff and thought it was time to create a thread

How have you been?

I still remember that mad online nuptual thing I got myself mixed up in!!!!!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 4:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome to hear you're doing well!

Was just wondering how you were doing the other day
Old Jul 19th 2011, 8:45 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Bob
Awesome to hear you're doing well!

Was just wondering how you were doing the other day
Hey Bob!!

Look at you with your 66k posts!

Hope all is well with you? Any more pets to share stories about?
Old Jul 19th 2011, 3:08 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81

How have you been?
I've been very well thank you, and as you can see I am still here.

My son is getting ready to start university in the UK in September.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 4:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Bob!!

Look at you with your 66k posts!

Hope all is well with you? Any more pets to share stories about?

Some things don't change much, but up

Not to bad, the same old, same old here....not more pet stories though, but do have two daughters now
Old Jul 20th 2011, 9:54 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Sue
I've been very well thank you, and as you can see I am still here.

My son is getting ready to start university in the UK in September.
Wow! Congratulations

Where's he going and what's he going to be studying?
Old Jul 20th 2011, 10:02 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Bob

Some things don't change much, but up

Not to bad, the same old, same old here....not more pet stories though, but do have two daughters now
Uncle Bob and his two daughters. Great to hear!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 4:04 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Wow! Congratulations

Where's he going and what's he going to be studying?
He's going to be studying Modern History and Politics. Rather not say on the public board where he is going, he doesn't like me sharing too much personal stuff about him
Old Jul 20th 2011, 4:05 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Have you popped on the the ME forum to say hi? I think there are still peeps about who remember you.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:23 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Face, I don't believe we've 'met' but I wanted to say hello because WE LOVE LONDON, too!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:23 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Sue, I love the 'Pay it forward' remark in your sig.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 9:18 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Sue
He's going to be studying Modern History and Politics. Rather not say on the public board where he is going, he doesn't like me sharing too much personal stuff about him
Not been on to the ME forum yet, but I will

Thanks for the karma, btw And my congratulations to your son
Old Jul 25th 2011, 9:19 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by DDL
Hello Face, I don't believe we've 'met' but I wanted to say hello because WE LOVE LONDON, too!
Hello DDL

Yeah, London is GREAT! Do you live/work in Central London, then?