The old "my2home" website

Old Oct 19th 2014, 1:17 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: The old "my2home" website

Not so easy changing a site name though....unless it's one of those free weebly sites, which obviously it isn't
Old Oct 19th 2014, 1:22 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man from emas
Yes really sad Scott deleted everything, most of us thought it would end up as a Read Only site, as there was a tremendous amount of useful posting with information & other MM2H related links.

I've now migrated here
Welcome to the forum Rather intrigued by the name. I googled emas and it came up with European Male Ageing Study
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

man from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond repute

Ah The name "man from emas"

Rather simple really thought you would have guessed, emas being our road name of course, its also the Malay word for gold not that I have any ! & many years ago for those of us at that age in the late 1960s there was a very popular film series based on the CIA style called
"Man from UNCLE, at that time many of my friends thought I looked like then Robert Vaughn.

Simple really

{still new here where do you get the smileys from ? }
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 10:03 am

Yes I'm a bit slow sometimes. Actually, after I'd posted that, someone clued me in, so now I know

When you do a reply to a thread, the smilies are on the right of where you type. Quite a lot of them actually if you click "More". Anyway I'm off for a cheers.
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute

I just found out if you do the quick reply you don't get smileys. Use the 'go advanced' and as BB said lots of smileys

Last edited by columbine; Oct 22nd 2014 at 3:05 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 11:22 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carbolic
Although I am not thrilled by the name of the forum (nothing against the British), I am willing to give it a go to see if we can drum up some interest
Cheers to All
Because the website was primarily set up for British expats. This was when Facebook was a baby, and forums were new. And internet was still taking off. If you venture beyond this rather specific retirement centric sub-forum, you will find the majority of posters are still British by origin on the majority of threads.

Of course, if you don't like it, I'm sure you could set up a replacement mm2h website and forum?
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 11:39 am
Expat in Malaysia

kingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Of course, if you don't like it, I'm sure you could set up a replacement mm2h website and forum?
Manx/Irish MM2H'ers? I'm sure that would be popular

I've come across a few Irish MM2H'ers, but as far as I am aware, I'm the only Manx MM2H'er.

Anyway, given the relative similarity of our needs most Western MM2H'ers are pretty much the same once you scrub away the surface differences, in fact more so than their stay-at-home fellow nationals.
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 12:07 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Quite. The only clashes I've seen are in the ME forums forae?
That is where Americans start up a thread and then get snotty that people can't answer their tax questions...
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 12:25 pm

I think you get ding-dongs all over the forum. Keeps the long-suffering Mods busy
Old Nov 6th 2014, 3:54 am
Just Joined

Paisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone

I too have migrated from Scott's site, which I contributed to every now and then. Shame to see it go but, life goes on.

Looking forward to seeing what goes on here.

Regards
Old Nov 6th 2014, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

man from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond repute

Now we all have to guess who we were before !

lets hope this section picks up with more contributions like Scott's old site, must admit due to many reasons I've been dormant since joining
Old Nov 6th 2014, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by man from emas
Now we all have to guess who we were before !
What...a bit like reincarnation when you don't remember who you were in a previous life I may have been a papaya in a previous life.....or was it just a dream?
Old Nov 6th 2014, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Paisa
Hello everyone

I too have migrated from Scott's site, which I contributed to every now and then. Shame to see it go but, life goes on.

Looking forward to seeing what goes on here.

Regards
Welcome to the forum whoever you may be.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

montakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't creative enough to change my name from one site to the next!

Just want to say that I really appreciate all of you who posted such good information at the my2home site. It was a factor in me selecting Malaysia and MM2H this year vs other programs and places. You helped a lot.

Pleased to see folks migrating to this forum.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 12:06 pm

Yes Scott's site was also a big factor in helping us make the decision of getting MM2h. I actually had a rather bizarre introduction to that site. We were living in Thailand at the time and a friend passed on my contact info to a then Moderator of that forum, mistakenly thinking that I knew the guy. I didn't. Friends are great sometimes aren't they . That then resulted in me checking out the site to find out who the hell this guy was who was contacting me. And.....as a result....started re-checking out Malaysia. Life is strange sometimes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.