Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

Where can I transLate and certify docs in KL?

Where can I transLate and certify docs in KL?

Old Mar 6th 2016, 2:58 pm
GCC
Just Joined

GCC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where can I transLate and certify docs in KL?

Hi,
question where can I get translations done as well as Certify documents in KL for MM2H purposes?

I did read somewhere but cannot find in all research.

Thanks,
GCC
Old Mar 7th 2016, 1:14 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I transLate and certify docs in KL?

Originally Posted by GCC
Hi,
question where can I get translations done as well as Certify documents in KL for MM2H purposes?

I did read somewhere but cannot find in all research.

Thanks,
GCC
Sorry I don't have a specific answer, but I suggest you note the following MM2H Centre Announcement (Date: July 1, 2015).

JC3

Commissioner for Oaths Are Not Allowed To Certify Documents

Effective 3 August 2015, MM2H Centre will no longer accept certification by Commissioners for Oaths. According to a directive by the Registrar of Malaya High Court, Commissioner For Oaths are not allowed to make Certified True Copies.

Hence, certification can only be done by Embassy / High Commission / Notary Public / Government Official / Solicitor / Advocate / Auditor from origin country. Thank you.

Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Centre MALAYSIA
Old Mar 7th 2016, 10:53 am
GCC
Just Joined

Thank you JC3 great!
Old Mar 7th 2016, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

And this is unfortunately extremly bad news for you, GCC. A certification from the CoO costs 4 RM, the mentioned Embassy / High Commission / Notary Public / Government Official / Solicitor / Advocate / Auditor will be much much more expensive.

I would love to give you advice, but I have no information about this, last year there was a grace period when they still accepted CoO but I think it is over.

The only thing I can tell you, like most other things, this is totally negotiable. Make sure to do all stuff in one time and bargain hard for a good price and don´t take the first one you drop in. Advocate maybe is the cheapest option I guess.

A translation into English is probably cheaper in your country than here.
Old Mar 8th 2016, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Ferooze is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

the British high commission, Malaysia is at 2 Binjai Road level 27,
Menara Binjai.

Its somewhere nearby KLCC. Maybe the consular section can help you with this.

However you need to book an appointment prior to a visit for documents validation.

Good luck !
Old Mar 8th 2016, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

GCC, maybe you want to check the website of the Spanish Embassy in Kuala Lumpur? They might be familiar with MM2H and know what documents, translations and stamps you may need.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 12:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SushiFan
GCC, maybe you want to check the website of the Spanish Embassy in Kuala Lumpur? They might be familiar with MM2H and know what documents, translations and stamps you may need.

Hi,

I doubt if Embassies around KL would have specific procedural information on MM2H.

You may want to surf into MM2H official website at

Malaysia My Second Home Official Portal - MM2H Official Portal

This website provide credible and up to date data on the program.

Cheers
Old Mar 9th 2016, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Ferooze, reading GCC's message I don't think that he is looking for general information about MM2H. I'm pretty sure that he has passed that phase already.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Sorry and thanks for pointìng that out.
Old Mar 11th 2016, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

inetbug is an unknown quantity at this point

GCC,

I did the CTC at my Embassy here, so in your case you would be better off trying the Spanish Embassy in KL when you're there. But I think it also depends on which documents, birth or marriage certs for example are better to CTC in home country at the clerk or county office, while statements should be CTC at a bank or financial institution (although I pushed to get them to mail originals and had to pay a fee). So it really depends on your situation.

Btw since I haven't mentioned it yet I submitted my application two weeks ago! Phew... I used an agent (Joy Stay) and she gave excellent tailored advice based on my particular situation. I'm very satisfied so far, fantastic service and very professional.

Cheers,
inetbug
Old Mar 12th 2016, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

I don´t know it, but i assume that the embassy is the by far worst recommendation in case of costs. If you recommend something you should write how much you paid for it otherwise it is not really useful. People from non-english-speaking countries have to do a hell of translations and this is the main factor of costs in this process.

And again, you can make the translation EVERYWHERE, so shop around where you can get it cheap.

The certification is another thing you do after the translations, here you can go to all kinds of offices except the CoO. Make the certification in one big block and also compare the rates.

You can waste a lot of money with this and also save a lot of money. And the "tailored advice" of the agents is maybe just one that makes it simple for them.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eCdD
And again, you can make the translation EVERYWHERE, so shop around where you can get it cheap.
I do not necessarily agree with this statement. This is what the MM2H application for has to say about it:
Originally Posted by MM2H website
Where original documents are not in ENGLISH, translation must be done by a qualified translator and CERTIFIED.
The tricky part is the word "qualified": not every translator is a qualified translator. Often the authority which has to do the certification determines who they consider qualified. So if an embassy has to do the certification it is wise to ask that embassy who you can use for creating a translation.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 10:22 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Quite right SushiFan, it is the translator who MUST be certified.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 10:25 am
GCC
Just Joined

Thanks guys for all your replies.
I think I got some good ideas and working on them right now.
Any good ideas please feel free to PM.

Regards,
GCC
Old Mar 12th 2016, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SushiFan
I do not necessarily agree with this statement. This is what the MM2H application for has to say about it:
The tricky part is the word "qualified": not every translator is a qualified translator. Often the authority which has to do the certification determines who they consider qualified. So if an embassy has to do the certification it is wise to ask that embassy who you can use for creating a translation.
That may be true for an embassy, but I am quite sure, that a Malaysian Notary Public / Solicitor / Advocate never questions a translation that is done by an foreign translation office.

Alone in KLs Chinatown you will have a big choice of offices for certifications, finally it is just about negotiating a good price. many people just make easy things totally difficult.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.