Turned 50 on MM2H visa

Old Mar 14th 2016, 3:47 am
Just Joined

brookhouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turned 50 on MM2H visa

Having now turned 50 and previously deposited 2 x TD of RM150,000 am I now able to get one of these released and returned to me? Many Thanks
Old Mar 14th 2016, 5:36 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turned 50 on MM2H visa

Hi, brookhouse, and welcome to the forum

Yours is a very good question and I'm surprised it hasn't come up before. Unless one of our members has gone through this already I guess you'll just have to ask the folks at Putrajaya:-

+603 8891 7424/27/34/39
+603 8891 7415
[email protected]

Do let us know the answer, hopefully they won't make you wait until renewal time
Old Mar 14th 2016, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brookhouse
Having now turned 50 and previously deposited 2 x TD of RM150,000 am I now able to get one of these released and returned to me? Many Thanks
Hi Brookhouse and a repeat welcome to the forum.
This part of the forum exists because there used to be another forum dedicated to MM2H run by a gentleman named Scott. Others have integrated some of the features from that forum into this so not all the subjects debated before are now available.
I recall your topic of what happens on turning the magic 50 and my recollection is nothing happens. I may be wrong so please check with the MM2H folks but my memory suggests the original FD will stay as is and the regulations pertaining will also stay.
I guess one could always resign and start the process over, especially as it can be done as a DIY process....previously it needed an agent and they had fees.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brookhouse
My understanding is that this will not be the case. The value of the fixed deposit is determined at the moment when you submit your MM2H application and not modified afterwards.
I was in the same situation, having all paperwork ready to submit before I turned 50. My agent then advised me to wait until after my Birthday, for the benefit of this fixed deposit. So I duly waited until a few weeks after my Birthday.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 8:42 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davita
....what happens on turning the magic 50.... my recollection is nothing happens. ...the original FD will stay as is and the regulations pertaining will also stay.
That's how I understand it to be too.

JC3
Old Mar 14th 2016, 9:37 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Unless things have changed, that is also my understanding.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

brookhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks to everyone for their help. I will check with Putrajaya when I get back to KL and feed back if I get a positive feedback!
Old Jun 21st 2016, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Foodi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We applied and received the MM2H approval when my husband (main applicant) was under 50. Just before moving to Malaysia, he turned 50 so he asked Putrajaya to re-issue the approval letter for the above 50 category. We did not receive anything before our relocation to Malaysia so we had to use the first letter to get the visa and to put 300k in the FD accounts. We received the second letter not long after and managed to use it to reduce our FD from 300k to 150k without any problem. That involved a trip to Putrajaya though.

When we wanted to reduce further from 150k to 100k for education fees, we simply scanned the school receipt and other documents and sent by email to a Putrajaya officer and received an approval that we brought to the bank to free the fund. This involved couple email exchanges and phone calls, but the process was smooth and the staff was very helpful.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 11:49 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Foodi
Hi,

We applied and received the MM2H approval when my husband (main applicant) was under 50. Just before moving to Malaysia, he turned 50 so he asked Putrajaya to re-issue the approval letter for the above 50 category. We did not receive anything before our relocation to Malaysia so we had to use the first letter to get the visa and to put 300k in the FD accounts. We received the second letter not long after and managed to use it to reduce our FD from 300k to 150k without any problem. That involved a trip to Putrajaya though.

When we wanted to reduce further from 150k to 100k for education fees, we simply scanned the school receipt and other documents and sent by email to a Putrajaya officer and received an approval that we brought to the bank to free the fund. This involved couple email exchanges and phone calls, but the process was smooth and the staff was very helpful.
Unfortunately, brookhouse hasn't been on the forum since posting. Hopefully he got a good result but his case is very slighly different having turned 50 after getting his visa.