Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

Requirement for succesful applicartion

Requirement for succesful applicartion

Old Jan 21st 2017, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

stepen is on a distinguished road
Default Requirement for succesful applicartion

I'm aware of the official requirements, but reading the link from one mm2h agent suggests that you will have bigger success of being approved if you show you have higher amounts.
https://www.penangmyhome.com/DocumentsToBring.htm

Does that mean that you might not be approved even if you show bank statement (just) above 500000RM and income of 10000+ (and fulfil other criteria)?

They write:
RECOMMENDED FINANCIAL STRENGTH
As this visa is renewable, the Ministry is strict on younger applicants. Based on our experience, the larger the financial strength, the higher the
chances of success. The official minimum financial strength is RM500,000. However, we recommend the following :
< 30 years old = RM1,500,000
< 40 years old = RM1,000,000
< 50 years old = RM750,000

Last edited by stepen; Jan 21st 2017 at 4:25 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2017, 6:44 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Requirement for succesful applicartion

I think this is broadly correct. Alter Domus have a lot of experience so it is worth chatting to them to see if there is any wiggle room.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

stepen is on a distinguished road

It just seems strange that they will have "hidden rules", or that you might not get approved even if you fulfill the criteria, because of some requirements you were not aware of (if you didn't use the agent that told you about it).

Anybody here with 500000 assets and 10K+ income that were denied?
Old Jan 25th 2017, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

kiat137 is an unknown quantity at this point

From my experience, higher chance of getting approval not really relate amount that you sure.
MM2H officer consideration is the intention of application.
They might also reject your application if you show too much money because they feel suspicious with young age applicant having that much of money, where the source of money come from.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stepen
It just seems strange that they will have "hidden rules", or that you might not get approved even if you fulfill the criteria, because of some requirements you were not aware of (if you didn't use the agent that told you about it).

Anybody here with 500000 assets and 10K+ income that were denied?
It may not be due to hidden rules but application of common sense. For example a 59 year old whose employment income just exceeds the income requirement now is unlikely to exceed it in a years time when they have retired and are living on their pension. Unless of course they can show substantial investment assets to cover their costs.

Unlike IVV I do not generally recommend the use of an agent as the process is not difficult as long as you check and recheck that you have done everything correctly. However, if you are borderline on the financial or have a complicated family set up an agent will be worthwhile to you.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
I think this is broadly correct. Alter Domus have a lot of experience so it is worth chatting to them to see if there is any wiggle room.
To quote the good old BBC "other agents are available". Are you on commission dear boy?
Old Jan 27th 2017, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, 'Other agents are available' that is true.
Sometimes people also question others based on their own ethics or lack thereof.

But I think it is in (the kind part of) the human nature to mention or recommend the service providers where one had positive experiences. Or to maybe less frequently warn for the bad ones.
For example, I have been very satisfied with the services of my MM2H agent, dentist, A/C service, dermatologist, pharmacy (for discount), tailor and more.
And I would of course, if I think someone needs this information, be happy to recommend them.

Last edited by Gunnar45; Jan 27th 2017 at 1:28 am.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gunnar45
Yes, 'Other agents are available' that is true.
Sometimes people also question others based on their own ethics or lack thereof.

But I think it is in (the kind part of) the human nature to mention or recommend the service providers where one had positive experiences. Or to maybe less frequently warn for the bad ones.
For example, I have been very satisfied with the services of my MM2H agent, dentist, A/C service, dermatologist, pharmacy (for discount), tailor and more.
And I would of course, if I think someone needs this information, be happy to recommend them.
I cannot disagree with anything you write, and I do make recommendations to others who ask for help (usually by PM). But IVV is a good friend and I could not resist the temptation to pull his leg. Sorry
Old Jan 28th 2017, 6:20 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeonHippy
To quote the good old BBC "other agents are available". Are you on commission dear boy?
And did you not see the link to Alter Domus in the OP's opening post?

Originally Posted by NeonHippy
I cannot disagree with anything you write, and I do make recommendations to others who ask for help (usually by PM). But IVV is a good friend and I could not resist the temptation to pull his leg. Sorry
Apology accepted
Old Jan 31st 2017, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiat137
From my experience, higher chance of getting approval not really relate amount that you sure.
MM2H officer consideration is the intention of application.
They might also reject your application if you show too much money because they feel suspicious with young age applicant having that much of money, where the source of money come from.
We are looking to relocate to KL due to family

Father in law is terminally ill and does not look like surviving much longer (Easter at best)

Mother in law will be at a loss, and as we have the only grand children and its harder for her to make new friends coming to us, we are looking to move to her.

We would be looking at demolishing the existing family house (built in 70's) and rebuild a new home to accommodate all with extra facilities such as pool to cope with the humidity.

We are in our mid 40's so not sure if this MMH2 Visa is for us. Are there alternative Visa's. Complication is wife is Singaporean and lost her Malaysian card or what ever it was called decades ago (as sent to board in UK at 13).

Any one else with suggestions?

Don't need to work as run own international business from home. But will need to employ driver, house maid.

Daughters would attend Alice Smith or similar which my wife attended before UK.
Old Feb 5th 2017, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

If wife is born of two Malaysian citizens then she may still be a Malaysian citizen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysian_nationality_law

If she once held a "malaysian card" (citizenship) there should be documentation somewhere and that could be used to get a MyKAD.

I'd speak with a Malaysian immigration lawyer.

The spouse visa is a 5 year multi-entry visa....after that it's a permanent residence visa.

Spouse Visa Malaysia | Entry Permit | Malaysia Work Visa
Old Feb 5th 2017, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedApe
If wife is born of two Malaysian citizens then she may still be a Malaysian citizen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysian_nationality_law

If she once held a "malaysian card" (citizenship) there should be documentation somewhere and that could be used to get a MyKAD.

I'd speak with a Malaysian immigration lawyer.

The spouse visa is a 5 year multi-entry visa....after that it's a permanent residence visa.

Spouse Visa Malaysia | Entry Permit | Malaysia Work Visa
Thanks again unfortunately mother is Malaysian Father is Singaporean

But will still follow through with further discussion with Malaysian Immigration Lawyer.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

kiat137 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stuck in Auckland
We are looking to relocate to KL due to family

Father in law is terminally ill and does not look like surviving much longer (Easter at best)

Mother in law will be at a loss, and as we have the only grand children and its harder for her to make new friends coming to us, we are looking to move to her.

We would be looking at demolishing the existing family house (built in 70's) and rebuild a new home to accommodate all with extra facilities such as pool to cope with the humidity.

We are in our mid 40's so not sure if this MMH2 Visa is for us. Are there alternative Visa's. Complication is wife is Singaporean and lost her Malaysian card or what ever it was called decades ago (as sent to board in UK at 13).

Any one else with suggestions?

Don't need to work as run own international business from home. But will need to employ driver, house maid.

Daughters would attend Alice Smith or similar which my wife attended before UK.
Put your wife as Main applicant and you can bring in your parents in law under your wife mm2h after getting approve.
Parents mm2h visa need to extend every 6 months.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 7:16 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stepen
It just seems strange that they will have "hidden rules",
Welcome to Malaysia.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kiat137
Put your wife as Main applicant and you can bring in your parents in law under your wife mm2h after getting approve.
Parents mm2h visa need to extend every 6 months.
Sorry I perhaps worded it wrong

FIL and MIL are resident of Malaysia

FIL is terminally ill (months to go - perhaps weeks)

MIL is active 70 year old - but not the right thing to bring her back to Europe or US/Australia NZ with us - as her friends are all around her in KL

Work will set up an office for me in KL and deal with work visa if necessary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.