renewal and medical insurance

Old Jul 7th 2017, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renewal and medical insurance

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
It seems proof of income is not always required. I suspect it depends on the age of the renewer.
Or maybe the office is using a bit of intelligence. Someone who originally applied whist gainfully employed and only staying part time may reasonably be expected to have less income once retired and living in Malaysia full time. Whilst someone whose original application was based on a government pension will not have changed their circumstances.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by satumadu
No, I did not sense any psychic inquiry from them; nor did I exert any hypnotic power to impress them with my vast non-existent wealth. Or did you mean something like mentioning that "I hope this won't take too long because my Rolls is double-parked?".
I meant something similar to what NeonHippy indicates. It could be that you indicated that you have previously worked at a government. Then it would be obvious to the MM2H centre that you are enjoying a government pension.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

satumadu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SushiFan
I meant something similar to what NeonHippy indicates. It could be that you indicated that you have previously worked at a government. Then it would be obvious to the MM2H centre that you are enjoying a government pension.
Nothing like that... at initial application no work history or statement of finances were discussed.
Could be that I was just lucky. On the other hand it would be interesting to know if those who had to prove pension income upon renewal used agents or not. It seems the agents are the only ones who know about this requirement... one that, after all these years, the official website does not mention.
Old Jul 8th 2017, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is subject to interpretation of this announcement:
Announcements - Year 2012 - MM2H applications must submit bank account statements

As I said before, it mentions 'ALL applications', you can see the difference in the wording for this announcement from 2010 which explicitly mentions NEW applications!:
Announcements - Year 2010 - Financial Criteria for New Applications

That the authority issued the 2012 announcement indicates to me that the important change is that the 'NEW' from 2010 announcement has been replaced by 'ALL' and that there must be a reason for this change!
Interesting is that the amounts of income are not mentioned or referred to like in the 2010 announcement.

By the way, it seems that they for renewals now also want a letter of good conduct!
Announcements - Year 2017 - LETTER OF GOOD CONDUCT (LOGC)

That the agents follow this could be that their interpretation is the same as mine and that they do not want to risk the hassle and negative consequences of a rejection.

To further confuse it neither income statement or LOGC are mentioned in the 2014 list of requirments for renewal:
Apply For Renewal - MM2H Official Portal

But then again, the LGOC statement is from 2017......

Hope the above helps to clarify the issue