Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

Receiving Conditional Letter Of Approval

Receiving Conditional Letter Of Approval

Old Dec 27th 2016, 3:10 am
Just Joined

Jorbobean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Receiving Conditional Letter Of Approval

Hello Everybody!

We live in South Africa and about two months ago we applied for MM2H visa.
South African post services are so unreliable that we have not even received the initial acknowledgement of receipt after we applied. We are afraid that in case we are approved the conditional letter of approval will never make it to us.

So the question is:

If we see on the MM2H website that we were approved can we just go to Malaysia without this letter? Can they just print out this letter for us there if it is so important to have it? Did anybody deal with the situation like that?

Thanks!
Old Dec 27th 2016, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Receiving Conditional Letter Of Approval

Originally Posted by Jorbobean
Hello Everybody!

We live in South Africa and about two months ago we applied for MM2H visa.
South African post services are so unreliable that we have not even received the initial acknowledgement of receipt after we applied. We are afraid that in case we are approved the conditional letter of approval will never make it to us.

So the question is:

If we see on the MM2H website that we were approved can we just go to Malaysia without this letter? Can they just print out this letter for us there if it is so important to have it? Did anybody deal with the situation like that?

Thanks!
I learnt that my application had been approved whilst I was in Penang for an initial recce. To avoid having to go home to the UK and then back to MY with my letter to start the process I had the MM2H office email me a copy of the letter. Once printed I was able to use that to open bank accounts, set up fixed deposits, etc. Without a copy of the letter I don't think you would get very far.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 11:50 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeonHippy
I learnt that my application had been approved whilst I was in Penang for an initial recce. To avoid having to go home to the UK and then back to MY with my letter to start the process I had the MM2H office email me a copy of the letter. Once printed I was able to use that to open bank accounts, set up fixed deposits, etc. Without a copy of the letter I don't think you would get very far.
I also had the MM2H office email me a PDF copy. This is not standard practice so you may need to turn on the charm by phone. Once you print a PDF copy on a colour laser printer use that until the original comes through.

JC3
Old Jan 11th 2017, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

ChrisDDickey is an unknown quantity at this point

I just found out that my conditional letter of approval was failed to be delivered a month ago and was returned to sender. They refused to send me an email scan of it, nor to post it again.
They told me I had to go to KL to pick it up in person. Nor would they allow a friend of mine who was already in KL to pick it up for me.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 6:02 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisDDickey
I just found out that my conditional letter of approval was failed to be delivered a month ago and was returned to sender. They refused to send me an email scan of it, nor to post it again.
They told me I had to go to KL to pick it up in person. Nor would they allow a friend of mine who was already in KL to pick it up for me.
I would just repeat the advice given here many times - use an agent, especially if you are doing this remotely. They are cheap and avoid just such headaches.

Chris, at this stage, I think you have no choice but to go to KL
Old Jan 18th 2017, 12:02 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Many commiserations. That's a bummer.