Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Malaysia / Retirement and MM2H

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Dec 27th 2016, 3:10 am   #1
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 9
Jorbobean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Receiving Conditional Letter Of Approval

Hello Everybody!

We live in South Africa and about two months ago we applied for MM2H visa.
South African post services are so unreliable that we have not even received the initial acknowledgement of receipt after we applied. We are afraid that in case we are approved the conditional letter of approval will never make it to us.

So the question is:

If we see on the MM2H website that we were approved can we just go to Malaysia without this letter? Can they just print out this letter for us there if it is so important to have it? Did anybody deal with the situation like that?

Thanks!
Jorbobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th 2016, 6:04 am   #2
BE Enthusiast
 
NeonHippy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Penang
Posts: 499
NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Receiving Conditional Letter Of Approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorbobean View Post
Hello Everybody!

We live in South Africa and about two months ago we applied for MM2H visa.
South African post services are so unreliable that we have not even received the initial acknowledgement of receipt after we applied. We are afraid that in case we are approved the conditional letter of approval will never make it to us.

So the question is:

If we see on the MM2H website that we were approved can we just go to Malaysia without this letter? Can they just print out this letter for us there if it is so important to have it? Did anybody deal with the situation like that?

Thanks!
I learnt that my application had been approved whilst I was in Penang for an initial recce. To avoid having to go home to the UK and then back to MY with my letter to start the process I had the MM2H office email me a copy of the letter. Once printed I was able to use that to open bank accounts, set up fixed deposits, etc. Without a copy of the letter I don't think you would get very far.
NeonHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th 2016, 11:50 am   #3
JC3 
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ
 
JC3's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,759
JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Receiving Conditional Letter Of Approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonHippy View Post
I learnt that my application had been approved whilst I was in Penang for an initial recce. To avoid having to go home to the UK and then back to MY with my letter to start the process I had the MM2H office email me a copy of the letter. Once printed I was able to use that to open bank accounts, set up fixed deposits, etc. Without a copy of the letter I don't think you would get very far.
I also had the MM2H office email me a PDF copy. This is not standard practice so you may need to turn on the charm by phone. Once you print a PDF copy on a colour laser printer use that until the original comes through.

JC3
JC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th 2017, 5:29 pm   #4
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
ChrisDDickey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Receiving Conditional Letter Of Approval

I just found out that my conditional letter of approval was failed to be delivered a month ago and was returned to sender. They refused to send me an email scan of it, nor to post it again.
They told me I had to go to KL to pick it up in person. Nor would they allow a friend of mine who was already in KL to pick it up for me.
ChrisDDickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th 2017, 6:02 am   #5
Hostage Negotiator
Premium Member
 
InVinoVeritas's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,022
InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Receiving Conditional Letter Of Approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDDickey View Post
I just found out that my conditional letter of approval was failed to be delivered a month ago and was returned to sender. They refused to send me an email scan of it, nor to post it again.
They told me I had to go to KL to pick it up in person. Nor would they allow a friend of mine who was already in KL to pick it up for me.
I would just repeat the advice given here many times - use an agent, especially if you are doing this remotely. They are cheap and avoid just such headaches.

Chris, at this stage, I think you have no choice but to go to KL
InVinoVeritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th 2017, 12:02 pm   #6
Is
Premium Member
 
bakedbean's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 17,548
bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Receiving Conditional Letter Of Approval

Many commiserations. That's a bummer.
bakedbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Malaysia / Retirement and MM2H


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:59 pm.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com