Cheaper version of MM2H

Old Nov 7th 2016, 9:28 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheaper version of MM2H

For those of you a bit short of cash, here's a cheaper MM2H.

I'm not sure if having a Sarawak one allows you to live in Peninsular, but I know that having a Peninsular one does not allow you to live in Sarawak.

The Official Portal of the Sarawak Government
Old Nov 7th 2016, 9:52 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheaper version of MM2H

Very interesting!

I thought at first there was an error here:-

Applicants aged 50 and above must show proof of liquid assets worth RM350, 000 and off shore income of RM10, 000 per month. Retirees are required to show proof of pension of RM 10,000 per month.

OR

Open a fixed deposit account of RM150,000 after approval

but no, even on the main MM2H portal there is no longer a fixed deposit requirement if you are over 50 and have a pension of RM10K.
Old Nov 7th 2016, 7:23 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

And after first year you can take out 90k of that for approved purchases
Old Nov 8th 2016, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Fenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond repute

This is very interesting! If you get the MM2H in Sarawak you're permitted to live anywhere in Malaysia. How does the sponsorship work though?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to get this crystal clear: Is it the case that if you create a FD of 150,000 RM you don't need to provide any evidence of income at any stage?
Old Nov 13th 2016, 12:40 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I remember it's always been like this. You won't be able to reside on the mainland.

And the Fd and pension thing sama sama. It's always been the case that you can show pension proof but it has to be a gov approved pension worth more than 10k.
Not a private pension. I remember on the old MM2H site atilla apparently achieved it.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 5:07 am
womble

Originally Posted by Epicurious
I just want to get this crystal clear: Is it the case that if you create a FD of 150,000 RM you don't need to provide any evidence of income at any stage?
Yup
Old Nov 13th 2016, 5:08 am
womble

Originally Posted by bakedbean
As far as I remember it's always been like this. You won't be able to reside on the mainland.
What would stop you?
Old Nov 13th 2016, 7:47 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well....yes anybody can I suppose....but I think the Immigration will stamp passport as if no visa. That's what I heard. Not first hand experience so.......if anyone knows any better, pls squeak up.
Old Nov 19th 2016, 8:02 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Ah well....yes anybody can I suppose....but I think the Immigration will stamp passport as if no visa. That's what I heard. Not first hand experience so.......if anyone knows any better, pls squeak up.
Yup, your passport gets chopped when travelling between East and West Malaysia so you can only stay 90 days.

What has changed with the West Malaysia MM2H for the over-50's, is that you are longer required to provide an FD and proof of income; it is now one or the other.
Old Nov 19th 2016, 8:16 am

When did that change IVV? I re-did my one this year, as you know, and I had to do both a new FD and prove income
Old Nov 19th 2016, 8:24 am

I'm just looking at the MM2H gov site and I think you still have to do both UNLESS you have a recognized government pension (eg the forces) that equates to more than 10,000 per month.

It has always been rather ambiguous. Here's the link:
Terms & Conditions - MM2H Official Portal

It says....after getting the MM2H approval....

B) Aged 50 years and above

Can either choose to:
Open a fixed deposit account of RM150,000.00 ; OR
Show proof of receiving pension from government RM10,000 per month
Old Nov 19th 2016, 8:26 am
Hostage Negotiator

I don't know, I only noticed it when replying to the OP. It's always been rumoured they were going to toughen up the MM2H criteria but this change makes it easier.

The BIG question is - if we can prove pension income, can we now get our FD back?

Last edited by InVinoVeritas; Nov 19th 2016 at 8:28 am.
Old Nov 19th 2016, 9:02 am

IVV, I think the pension option only applies if it is a recognized Government pension eg
UK Army pension
UK Police Force pension
Australian air force pension

They don't seem to register or care about any private pensions.
That's why you won't find many people who have taken this route.
Private pensions don't count (in their eyes).
I only know of one person who managed to achieve this (govt pension worth more than 10K a month) and he didn't have to place a FD.
Old Nov 20th 2016, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
What has changed with the West Malaysia MM2H for the over-50's, is that you are longer required to provide an FD and proof of income; it is now one or the other.
I'm confused. Did you mean East Malaysia, i.e. Sarawak?

The requirement for both FD and proof of income still applies to peninsular Malaysia, right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.