The old "my2home" website

Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default The old "my2home" website

Many users of this forum will, I am sure, also be users of the very popular http://www.my2home.info/ site. I tried to access this site today and was shocked to see the following message on the homepage:

8 1/2 years running the Forum and that's it folks.

Many thanks for all the good wishes over the past few months.

All the posts, members profiles, and everything else, are now deleted and there's nothing left.

regards,
Scott

The site seems to have gone for good. Does anyone know why? It's a sad loss to the mm2h community.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Stuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: The old "my2home" website

Hi

I don't know what triggered the admin to delete all the content.
I know he posted some options for the future of the site a while ago, deleting everything without any notice wasn't on the list as far as I know.

Running a forum like that is a lot of work for one person alone and he deserves respect for doing it so long however just pulling the plug like this without warning is a lame thing to do and IMO an insult to all who have contributed over the years.

There were several people who offered to help with day to day moderation. Making the site read-only so the most valuable content could be copied could have been an other option.
If server cost would have been the problem then I'm sure people would have donated, I would have for sure.

Last edited by Stuurman; Oct 9th 2014 at 3:48 am.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuurman
Hi

I don't know what triggered the admin to delete all the content.
I know he posted some options for the future of the site a while ago, deleting everything without any notice wasn't on the list as far as I know.

Running a forum like that is a lot of work for one person alone and he deserves respect for doing it so long however just pulling the plug like this without warning is a lame thing to do and IMO an insult to all who have contributed over the years.

There were several people who offered to help with day to day moderation. Making the site read-only so the most valuable content could be copied could have been an other option.
If server cost would have been the problem then I'm sure people would have donated, I would have for sure.
I must have missed any signs of impending changes, so the site's closure came as a complete surprise to me.

I agree that running a website like that must have taken a lot of time and effort (and money, no doubt). I am sure when he first set it up, he did not imagine it would grow to the size that it did. As for helping, I would certainly have donated money and time, as best as I was able.

Many thanks of course to Scott for running the forum for so long, but the deletion of its contents is such a waste of valuable information. I know that perhaps sounds selfish, but I agree with you Stuurman, that there must have been a way of preserving such a fabulous resource.
Old Oct 15th 2014, 7:35 pm
Expat in Malaysia

kingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teejaydee
...but the deletion of its contents is such a waste of valuable information. I know that perhaps sounds selfish, but I agree with you Stuurman, that there must have been a way of preserving such a fabulous resource.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be that which was broken,
The crownless once more shall be king.

Watch this space...
Old Oct 15th 2014, 8:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

That sound a bit sad really. A small community and it's knowledge wiped away suddenly like that.

Still. There is BE so perhaps you can help make that grow into something very similar with loads of useful info. I see that a Retirement and MM2H area has been opened .

Good luck .
Old Oct 16th 2014, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kingoflostfools
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be that which was broken,
The crownless once more shall be king.

Watch this space...
Hello KOLF,

Intriguing. I shall be watching and hoping.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds Promising KOLF!
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:23 am
Just Joined

leica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond repute

Just joined this forum after many years with my2home forum.

I used to tune in quite often it never should have ended just like that.
What a sad sad loss.

Kind regards to you all
Old Oct 16th 2014, 12:49 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Leica
Old Oct 16th 2014, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

leica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond reputeleica has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bakedbean.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

man from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond repute

Yes really sad Scott deleted everything, most of us thought it would end up as a Read Only site, as there was a tremendous amount of useful posting with information & other MM2H related links.

I've now migrated here
Old Oct 19th 2014, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

carbolic is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile re: The old "my2home" website

Hi All..
would be great if we can get this area of the site moving....time for some fascinating discussions like we used to have on the MM2H site.
Like many others I found the site useful for discussing things far beyond the formal MM2H process
Perhaps we could get something going here
Although I am not thrilled by the name of the forum (nothing against the British), I am willing to give it a go to see if we can drum up some interest
Cheers to All
Old Oct 19th 2014, 2:29 am
Just Joined

gonevagus is an unknown quantity at this point

Greetings everyone.
After a couple of years of browsing the archived discussions, I had recently signed up at my2home (as "moosehead"), when it all went "poof". From my newbie perspective, there were signs in the last few days that Scott was getting fed up with moderating the forum. It seems a waste to lose such a resource, and a shame that he chose not to accept some of the offered support in order to keep the site up, even if just as "read only".

I'm excited to be a new member of the MM2H community and to have joined this forum ...let's make it everything the other was and maybe more.
To add to KOLF's optimistic quotation, here's another:

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 12:59 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carbolic
Although I am not thrilled by the name of the forum (nothing against the British)
Cheers to All
Oy what's wrong with the name? Well I believe the site was primarily set up for Brits moving abroad but these days there seems to be quite a range of different nationalities on here, and why not.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 1:09 pm
Expat in Malaysia

kingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Oy what's wrong with the name? Well I believe the site was primarily set up for Brits moving abroad but these days there seems to be quite a range of different nationalities on here, and why not.
He's got a point you know (being Manx/Irish)...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.