MM2H new member

Old Feb 23rd 2017, 8:55 am
Just Joined

nowoolymitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MM2H new member

Hi this is my first time on this forum...in fact any forum!

My husband and I have been living in the Uk for the last two years having left in 1997 for the Middle East and a short spell in Qatar.

On retirement we moved to Spain and are now in the UK.

We have now applied to get a MM2h visa. We went through Joystay in Kuala Lumpur in November 2016. Joy has said the application now takes 6 months!! Still very excited about the possible move...can't help checking to see if application has been successful!! No luck as yet.

Wish us luck!
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

montakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H new member

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck with your MM2H application. I expect that with Joy's help, you'll be approved!
Old Feb 24th 2017, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

Fenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond reputeFenella has a reputation beyond repute

We also used Joy Stay - very efficient and on the ball! Can imagine that you're really excited.

How come you you decided against Spain in the end?
Old Feb 24th 2017, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fenella
We also used Joy Stay - very efficient and on the ball! Can imagine that you're really excited.

How come you you decided against Spain in the end?
Hello....thank you for replying...I also found Joy Stay very meticulous and so fingers crossed we will hear soon!

RE Spain...we had the house while we lived in the Middle East....beautiful house set under a mountain..lovely. We used it for holidays and for a brief time when my husband retired for the first time! However when we started to live there permanently we didn't like it so much...mainly the drive from our house to town...it wore us down...the whole area was just too quiet! There were a few other things as well..So we sold up and move back to the UK for a while as we had a few commitments here to fulfill.

However I would not put anyone off living in Spain as it has a lot going for it...as long as you choose the right area! I still have friends there and visit..when I drive past my old home it doesn't pull at my heart strings so I know I made the right decision!

So if we are lucky and get visa we are ready for another adventure!
Old Feb 25th 2017, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

I hope that your application will be approved soon. Have you already made up your mind where you would like to live in Malaysia?
Old Feb 26th 2017, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SushiFan
I hope that your application will be approved soon. Have you already made up your mind where you would like to live in Malaysia?
If we get approval we want to live in Kuala Lumpur....I have been a couple of times. I know we will be very happy to live in a city and then once we have bought a car or course we will go travelling and enjoy the quieter parts of Malaysia! Also we have friends in Singapore and I like the idea of travelling with ease to neighbouring countries via KL airport. So that's the plan! Can't wait!
Old Feb 26th 2017, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nowoolymitts
If we get approval we want to live in Kuala Lumpur....I have been a couple of times. I know we will be very happy to live in a city and then once we have bought a car or course we will go travelling and enjoy the quieter parts of Malaysia! Also we have friends in Singapore and I like the idea of travelling with ease to neighbouring countries via KL airport. So that's the plan! Can't wait!
We have just visited Malacca and Johor Bahru. Latter is within spitting distance to Singapore incl. a frequent direct bus service. There is massive development going on in/around J.B. Very impressive. Plus construction quality looked good what we saw.