MM2H - How to apply

Old Mar 22nd 2017, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H - How to apply

I applied for MM2H in 2015 and did not receive monthly bank statements in paper form at that time. I received a PDF file each month. I printed those and submitted with my application. This was accepted without any question or issue. Just make sure that these statements are in English.
I did not have any kind of stamp or bank verification on these printouts. As long as the papers show the bank logo and/or letterhead you should be fine.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stepen
Yes, depending on where you are. I tried to get HSBC in China to certify a bank statement, and they refused because "they didn't know what I would do with it".
That's interesting. I once asked HSBC in Doha to certify a copy of my passport. They refused for the same reason.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SushiFan
I applied for MM2H in 2015 and did not receive monthly bank statements in paper form at that time. I received a PDF file each month. I printed those and submitted with my application. This was accepted without any question or issue. Just make sure that these statements are in English.
I did not have any kind of stamp or bank verification on these printouts. As long as the papers show the bank logo and/or letterhead you should be fine.
Thank you SushiFan for sharing your experience. It's very encouraging to know this can be done.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 1:05 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SushiFan
Same for me in 2016 when I applied for second visa. Showed pdf online statements.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, PDF are OK, BUT need to be translated into English.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

cathy99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: MM2H - How to apply

Hi,

I applied for mm2h on March 07, 2017. Today I checked online for the first time and the mm2h site says "status: not found." It has been 3 weeks after submission! Is it normal? When can I check my application? I'm very worried if something wrong.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eCdD
Yes, PDF are OK, BUT need to be translated into English.
This is correct. If the bank statements are not in English you need to have them translated by an authorised translator (you can't do it yourself). In my case I asked the bank to provide me with English versions, to save me from this trouble. Luckily my bank was able to generate these (special) versions for me.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Pat in europe is on a distinguished road

Hello all,
I'm new to this forum and have found a lot of useful information here. I'm planning to make a direct application without an agent. In that case, and given that I have no friend in Malaysia and am going there alone, who could be my sponsor and witness? Do I need a sponsor and a witness already at the start of my application, or only after I got the Conditional Approval letter?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

You don´t need a sponsor at all, the witness thing comes in very late in process, can be done by anybody. Guess even the MM2H officer.

The process is very simple. The most tricky part is the "Journey Performed Visa" (if you are not from UK, Holland or Switzerland) and how to avoid it.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

My agent advised me to get a tourist visa for Malaysia before coming because entering MY with this, I would not have to pay the RM 500:- 'journey performed charge'
So I went to the MY Embassy and got one and I did indeed not have to pay the charge.
(I am a Swedish citizen)
This was in 2008 so maybe the rules have changed.....
Old Jul 21st 2017, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

No, this has not changed, you have to arrive from your Home Country with a Visa from the Embassy there. It should be a "Visa with reference".
Old Jul 21st 2017, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: MM2H - How to apply

Originally Posted by Pat in europe
Hello all,
I'm new to this forum and have found a lot of useful information here. I'm planning to make a direct application without an agent. In that case, and given that I have no friend in Malaysia and am going there alone, who could be my sponsor and witness? Do I need a sponsor and a witness already at the start of my application, or only after I got the Conditional Approval letter?
You don´t need a sponsor at all, the witness thing comes in very late in process, can be done by anybody. Guess even the MM2H officer.

The process is very simple. The most tricky part is the "Journey Performed Visa" (if you are not from UK, Holland or Switzerland) and how to avoid it.
Thanks for the reply.
About the "Journey Performed Visa", why is it tricky?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

eCdD
I actually arrived from Kuwait where I worked at that time. So correct may be that you apply for the visa at the Malaysian Embassy in your country of residence...
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pat in europe
Thanks for the reply.
About the "Journey Performed Visa", why is it tricky?
It is RM 500 plus per person! And if you fail to comply one time you will have troubles in the future too. You cannot avoid by just going out to Singapore, you have to go to your home country or as Gunnar said, your country of residence. If you did not take the visa with reference, your wife, your future kids, your parents, all will not get this visa anymore!

So make your schedule correct. Applying in Putrajaya, go back home and wait for approval, apply for a visa with reference after approval, go back to Malaysia to finish the process. Actually this is the only real mistake you can make in the process apart from accepting a shitty FD rate from HSBC

At least we made only one of this two mistakes
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

It is RM 500 plus per person! And if you fail to comply one time you will have troubles in the future too. You cannot avoid by just going out to Singapore, you have to go to your home country or as Gunnar said, your country of residence. If you did not take the visa with reference, your wife, your future kids, your parents, all will not get this visa anymore!

So make your schedule correct. Applying in Putrajaya, go back home and wait for approval, apply for a visa with reference after approval, go back to Malaysia to finish the process. Actually this is the only real mistake you can make in the process apart from accepting a shitty FD rate from HSBC

At least we made only one of this two mistakes
Thanks eCdD for your reply.
If you don't mind, could you please correct if I have understood the procedure correctly:
1. Fill in the application form and other related forms, gather all supporting documents, have them certified (at Malaysia embassy in home country, or in Malaysia)
2. Enter Malaysia - with a normal tourist visa?
3. Submit the MM2H application and all documents in person at Putrajaya MM2H center. Then go back to home country.
4. Wait for the Conditional Approval from MM2H
5. Once approved, apply for a visa with reference to Malaysia
6. Go to Malaysia again with the visa. Complete FD account, medical and insurance. Provide such proof and security bond at Putrajaya center. Then they will issue the Social Visit Pass for 10 years.

If the steps above are correct, when and where will I get the Journey Performed Visa?

When filling in the Visit Pass Application Form (the IM12 form),
under Item D it asks about my "Visa Requirement" and whether I need "Multiple" or "Single Entry". Do you know what the purpose is? is it the visa with reference you were talking about? By the way, my passport allows me to visa-free entry to Malaysia as a tourist for 30 days.

Alternatively, can I send the MM2H applications and document (step 2) by DHL, and just enter Malaysia once I got the Conditional Approval?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.