Adding Spouse to MM2H visa

Old Oct 28th 2019, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Macsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adding Spouse to MM2H visa

Dear all,

Has anyone had experience of adding their spouse to an existing MM2H visa without the use of agent?

I would be grateful for any advice and potential pitfalls/frustrations.

Just trying to see if any hassle involved is worth the agent expense.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adding Spouse to MM2H visa

Already spouse or new spouse. I understand adding spouse is fairly straightforward on the Peninsula.

Inclusion of Spouse / Children / Parents as Dependents [Appendix 5] | PROPERTY MALAYSIA .MY

However there was a bit of difficulty when a participant one the Sarawak Program wanted to add his "already wife" to his application after about a year. Because Sarawak has two alternatives Married or Unmarried with different bond/income requirements it was an issue. "Why didn't you declare you were married already?" "Why didn't you apply for Married MM2H program?" The applicant explained that his wife initially thought that she'd only visit occasionally on a tourist visa for a few years...but then decided to retire early herself. Eventually immigration agreed to reissue the visa as a Married MM2H and he was required to resubmit his Fixed Deposit at a higher level. They realized the same process would have to occur if the applicant married a foreigner (non-Sarawakian) at some point...they'd have to upgrade the visa so both participants could get stamped.

It seems generally they want married applicants to apply for a visa for the spouse regardless if she uses it or not...or at least get on a "potential future dependents" list appended to the application. The problem, as in many things hereabouts, there is no written policy or procedure...no warning about not listing your spouse, kids.

But because there is no difference between a single applicant and a couple application on the Peninsula there should be no issues like this.
Old Oct 31st 2019, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi RedApe, many thanks for your customary detailed assistance, very much appreciated.
Old Nov 3rd 2019, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macsta
Has anyone had experience of adding their spouse to an existing MM2H visa without the use of agent?
I have added our child, that was totally straightforward.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Great eCdD, many thanks for sharing your experience.
Old Jan 5th 2020, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Great eCdD, many thanks for sharing your experience.
I want to add one thing. Don´t forget to prepare the Personal Bond BEFORE you go to MM2H. This need do be done about 5km away from MOTAC at Hasil in Cyberjaya. YOu can pick the number at MM2H in the morning, go to Cyberjaya and come back. Or you do it already before in JB or whereever. You need a witness! All other potential mistakes will be solved when you hand over the documents.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eCdD
I want to add one thing. Don´t forget to prepare the Personal Bond BEFORE you go to MM2H. This need do be done about 5km away from MOTAC at Hasil in Cyberjaya.
Hi eCdD, thanks for the update but now I’m more confused,

I had previously spoken to my agent (who I was considering using for this matter) and no mention was made of a personal bond.

The requirements are:

1. Marriage certificate
2. Copy of passport
3. Medical report
4. Medical insurance
5. Photos

I’m unaware of the official forms (if any) that are required to be completed so if anyone has further details I would be most grateful for any information.

Many thanks.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

no mention was made of a personal bond
It’s OK I was at Putrajaya today and personal bond not required, so all good.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

It’s OK I was at Putrajaya today and personal bond not required, so all good.
You were talking to a woman or a man?

For the first kid (femele officer) I did not need the Personal Bond, for the second kid (male officer) I needed. As it is only RM 10 I did not start a discussion about why and when, yes, it is not mentioned in the offical guideline for the dependent pass. Just to warn you that you could maybe get the same officer as me last time ...
Old Mar 14th 2020, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eCdD
You were talking to a woman or a man?

For the first kid (femele officer) I did not need the Personal Bond, for the second kid (male officer) I needed. As it is only RM 10 I did not start a discussion about why and when, yes, it is not mentioned in the offical guideline for the dependent pass. Just to warn you that you could maybe get the same officer as me last time ...
It pays to listen to the voice of experience

Sorry for late update, so we rocked up to PJ office confident that all was in order (after all we had worked on the printed PJ checklist plus first person verbal advice from an actual PJ official).When we got called to the counter the officer checked everything and then asked for the personal bond form?

Despite explaining we had been advised, in the same office, two days earlier, that it was not required we had to go and get the bond.

By the way that was not as easy as it seemed, sure it’s close by in Cyberjaya but the process is completed online, in Malay and you require an actual hard copy of the form which they will not print in the bond office. Luckily we were staying in Cyberjaya so we were able to go and print the form, return but it was only due to the kindness of one of the employees at the bond office who completed the online requirements for us and issued the bond.

RM 10 (as mentioned) and from my reading of the form it just seemed to be a complete waste of time, maybe more relevant if it’s for an employee but not a dependent.

Return to PJ submit all the forms and we were informed 14 working days.

Drove to Penang but due to all the holidays and festivals we didn’t actually go back for 6 weeks.

We had no notice but it was ready, just waiting in the completed tray, we had to pay the RM 520 “journey performed” fee along with the RM 90 per year applicable transfer fee.

This was the first action I had completed without use of an agent and the fact we were based in Cyberjaya at the time made it relatively straightforward as mentioned by eCdD.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

We had no notice but it was ready, just waiting in the completed tray, we had to pay the RM 520 “journey performed” fee along with the RM 90 per year applicable transfer fee.

This was the first action I had completed without use of an agent and the fact we were based in Cyberjaya at the time made it relatively straightforward as mentioned by eCdD.
What nationality are you Macsta. If commonwealth (other than some African states and South Asia) you should not have been require to pay a JP fee.

Old Mar 23rd 2020, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RedApe
What nationality are you Macsta. If commonwealth (other than some African states and South Asia) you should not have been require to pay a JP fee.
Hi RedApe, I'm British but my wife isn’t so I guess that’s why the charge was levied, thanks anyway.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

but it was only due to the kindness of one of the employees at the bond office who completed the online requirements for us and issued the bond.
Same here Guess at Hasil Cyberjaya they are used to foreigners already that come with the personal bond and have no idea how to handle the computer. Nice people there for sure
​​​​
Hi RedApe, I'm British but my wife isn’t so I guess that’s why the charge was levied, thanks anyway.
Yes, the nationality (and Commonwealth status) of the main applicant has no effect on the JP Fee of the dependents.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

I obtained a visit visa at the MY embassy before travelling to MY for my MM2H visa. This to avoid the JP charge .
Wouldn't it be possible to do the same for the wife to be added?
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gunnar45
I obtained a visit visa at the MY embassy before travelling to MY for my MM2H visa. This to avoid the JP charge .
Wouldn't it be possible to do the same for the wife to be added?
That seems plausible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.