MM2H Application Status Code(s)

Old Apr 12th 2017, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

ssoomro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H Application Status Code(s)

Originally Posted by nowoolymitts
Ok.....we are trying to find out about ssoomro code.....that's all.
Gentlemen I did get a response back from JS regarding the message and status code. According to them..MM2H is trying out a new website (portal) and have been sending these template messages to all participants. (I can validate that the new application status lookup website did look quite different from the current/old one).

They suggest the code still simply means "In process" and nothing else. They will know when the status of the application changes and will notify me.

So basically ..false alarm. I suppose all we can understand from this is a new website is coming soon (may be along with new rules etc).

All the best...
Old Apr 12th 2017, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bakedbean
And you want to live in Malaysia ??
Well... I am only 52, my reason for seeking retirement visa is probably quite different for what most people do. I plan to travel the region and china/russia/central asia .. Malaysia to me serves as base camp, not a final destination..but then Man proposes.... will see.
Old Apr 15th 2017, 1:23 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Ah I was only being sarky

I think folks get the visa for all sorts of reasons and why not. For me it is also home base between travels these days. Was not always the case but life changes .
Old Apr 15th 2017, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Ah I was only being sarky

I think folks get the visa for all sorts of reasons and why not. For me it is also home base between travels these days. Was not always the case but life changes .
Tru Dat...just that word 'Retirement' has certain connotations.. i am simply getting outta rat race.. life is short.. been serving as corp slave for way too long ..time to take it back the control....
Old May 9th 2017, 5:38 am
Just Joined

syed30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ssoomro , any update on the status code. Have u received ur approval letter ?
Old May 10th 2017, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by syed30
Hi ssoomro , any update on the status code. Have u received ur approval letter ?
Nope.. not yet.. still in limbo. Hoping its almost over.. No news recently from my agent either. I have the feeling that nothing will happen before the end of June.. hopefully before Ramzan starts in Malaysia.. or it may be delayed even more .. when did you apply.. basically go to sleep for 4+ months.. no way around it ...an alternative is to apply for Sarawak.. they seem to decide very quickly (few weeks).. and the application process is online.. saves costs etc. Only thing I could not figure out is how to arrange for "Local Sponsorship"...i dont know any Sarawak residents
Old May 10th 2017, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

I had applied in the month of March and my status message is also same "Pending committee approval" look like nothing will move forward until end of Ramadan
Old May 10th 2017, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

yep seems like it .. well. there is not much we can do about it . .so sit back... relax and enjoy the ride
Old May 11th 2017, 3:54 am
Just Joined

True and I believe agents as well has no role to play once the documents are submitted
Old May 11th 2017, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

Agents may not be able to speed things up but they may have connections so they can get more detailed feedback to their customers.
Plus of course that they in their own interest ensure that their clients applications do not contain any delaying or questionable issues.
Old May 11th 2017, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

I don't think so agent r that much interested in our documents. Our friend ssoomro applied thru agent and still his status and my status (applied only in Mar) is same. I had applied directly. Agents are good in initial processing that too if u don't want to go thru hassle else their role after submission is none except to play a role of man in the middle
Old May 11th 2017, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think so agent r that much interested in our documents. Our friend ssoomro applied thru agent and still his status and my status (applied only in Mar) is same. I had applied directly. Agents are good in initial processing that too if u don't want to go thru hassle else their role after submission is none except to play a role of man in the middle
Dear Mr. Syed...

I have to disagree with you regarding the worth of an agent. I am VERY happy with the value my agent (Joy-Stay) provided me.

Remember value is based on cost...by that definition. I think JoyStay's services definitely met and exceeded my satisfaction.

Application processing time is only one part of the process. It maybe true that they cannot influence it. But they guided me well through the application process, including ensuring documents completion and correction, their fee includes the required "Sponsorship", which alone would have cost me more than half the fee they charge. Having lived and worked in many developing countries. I know what a nightmare bureaucracy can be, having a local agent that provides guidance and may potentially have insight into the 'ways' of local bureaucracy reduces stress and hassle for me.

Finally they are very prompt in responding to my queries, they do send me a form letter once in a while during the waiting period to tell me not to worry etc.

Finally, they do provide some level of assurance (through their due diligence process) regarding success of your application and back it up with free services through the appeal process if you are unfortunately denied.

All in all, I think I am educated enough to apply on my own, I chose to go with an agent for all the reasons stated below, and so far, I have no buyer' remorse to share

Most importantly, my agent never told me that if I go through them, they can or will expedite the posted processing time. So there is no case of false expectation.

I am fully cognizant that many participants here were able to get the MM2H approved without using an agent. So I am sure it can be done. Being a remote applicant and very busy with life and work in general, I am very happy I engaged Joy-Stay.....YMMV

Cheers,
S. Soomro
Old May 11th 2017, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Furthermore, based on RTFF and discussions with my agent. Once your application is accepted for consideration, your status will remain "Under Process" until its approved/denied, or if there is an issue with verification of financial declarations.

The reason I started this thread in the first place is because I received an email from MM2H that has a "Check Application Status" link (Check Status | MM2H Check N' Track ) very different from the standard one (Check Application Status - MM2H Official Portal)... when I checked my application status via the new website, it returned an unfamiliar code (Pending Committe Approval)...It turns out the MM2H is testing a new self service website, and the email was sent to pending applicants to test.

Hope that clarifies the situation.

Cheers,
Old May 12th 2017, 3:46 am
Just Joined

Well let me give you my findings. i never said the agent doesn't add value what I had mentioned was once application is submitted to MM2H office the agent role is none their is no difference between a person who submit the doc thru agent and without agent (while in processing) hope this clarifies. Now coming to the message code following are the message you will be able to see in new system. "Pending for document submission" , "Recived for verification" , "Pending committee approval" , "Approvred" these are positive responses. Other responses "Rejected". I always have a diff approach if we plan things in advance you can finish all doc on time. I also believe a job done by you for yourself brings much more satisfaction and learning experience. Different people different approaches so I am not judgmental
Old May 12th 2017, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the response, its educational. All the best with your application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.