mm2h application fees

Old Oct 31st 2014, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default mm2h application fees

I was just looking at the Joy-Stay website. I am not intending to use this agent (or any other), but their website is a good source of information.

At the foot of the page detailing Joy-Stay's fees, there is the following list of fees payable to the Malaysian government:

Visa fees payable to the Immigration of Malaysia directly for each individual:
i) Social Visit Fee @ MYR90 per year.
ii) Multiple Entry visa @ MYR0 to RM100 per year (if applicable).
iii) Journey Performed Fee (RM 500 - RM550) per person (if applicable).

I am aware of the Social Visit Fee (also known as the "Security Bond"), but I have not come across the other two (Multiple Entry Visa and Journey Performed Fee), which are "if applicable". Does anyone know what these fees are, or under what circumstances these fees would be applicable?
Old Oct 31st 2014, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mm2h application fees

Originally Posted by teejaydee
I was just looking at the Joy-Stay website. I am not intending to use this agent (or any other), but their website is a good source of information.

At the foot of the page detailing Joy-Stay's fees, there is the following list of fees payable to the Malaysian government:

Visa fees payable to the Immigration of Malaysia directly for each individual:
i) Social Visit Fee @ MYR90 per year.
ii) Multiple Entry visa @ MYR0 to RM100 per year (if applicable).
iii) Journey Performed Fee (RM 500 - RM550) per person (if applicable).

I am aware of the Social Visit Fee (also known as the "Security Bond"), but I have not come across the other two (Multiple Entry Visa and Journey Performed Fee), which are "if applicable". Does anyone know what these fees are, or under what circumstances these fees would be applicable?
TJD it is my understanding that these three fees are in addition to the Security Bond. From the top:
1) The social Visit Fee is the cost of the MM2H visa. It is charged at RM90 per year or part year. Note that although the Visa is for ten years you will only get charged for the years that are left on your passport and then will pay the balance when you get your new passport.
2) The multiple entry visa is something other than MM2H and it might be used if you are in MY already and do not intend to leave at the end of 3 months (normal social entry visa) and need to nip in and out whilst on some other visa. eg Student Visa (If only I could be that young again!)
3) The Journey Performed Fee is payable if you are already in MY when you apply for MM2H. If you are applying from outside I don't think this is payable.

The Security Bond is money that you deposit with the authorities as security that you will behave. It is refundable if you leave MM2H and replaces the 'Personal Bond' that would be issued by your agent if you used one. For a citizen of the UK the security bond costs MR1500 but does vary by nationality.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeonHippy
TJD it is my understanding that these three fees are in addition to the Security Bond. From the top:
1) The social Visit Fee is the cost of the MM2H visa. It is charged at RM90 per year or part year. Note that although the Visa is for ten years you will only get charged for the years that are left on your passport and then will pay the balance when you get your new passport.
2) The multiple entry visa is something other than MM2H and it might be used if you are in MY already and do not intend to leave at the end of 3 months (normal social entry visa) and need to nip in and out whilst on some other visa. eg Student Visa (If only I could be that young again!)
3) The Journey Performed Fee is payable if you are already in MY when you apply for MM2H. If you are applying from outside I don't think this is payable.

The Security Bond is money that you deposit with the authorities as security that you will behave. It is refundable if you leave MM2H and replaces the 'Personal Bond' that would be issued by your agent if you used one. For a citizen of the UK the security bond costs MR1500 but does vary by nationality.
Thank you NeonHippy. So, I was mistaken when I thought the Security Bond and the Social Visit Fee were the same thing. From your reply I now know this is not the case. The Social Visit Fee is a payment and is non-refundable, whereas the Security Bond is a deposit refundable at the termination of the mm2h visa.

Like you, the Multiple Entry Visa will not be of any relevance to me.

I will have to investigate the Journey Performed Fee further, as I will be in Malaysia when I apply for the mm2h visa. I'll do some further internet searching on this and see what I find.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Rajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond repute

Hi TJD/Neonhippy, I have just received my MM2H conditional acceptance letter and I have a couple of questions about the next step.Its a shame that the mm2h.info forum closed down. It was a marvelous resource and was of considerable use when I went about putting together my application. Perhaps you can help me with my questions or someone here will....
1. I am currently in AbuDhabi and is it not enough that I travel to Malaysia on a regular tourist Visa (Social pass) and get my long term social pass stamped. What is Journey performed Visa and is it applicable for me?
2. My family of wife and two daughters are currently here in AbuDhabi with me. Are we all required to travel together to Malaysia within six months of the date of the conditional Acceptance Letter to complete the formalities or can I go to Putrajaya with my elder daughter (We will be travelling to Australia where she starts university in Jan 2015) and then have the rest of my family travel to Malaysia later to complete the formalities?
Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rajuae
Hi TJD/Neonhippy, I have just received my MM2H conditional acceptance letter and I have a couple of questions about the next step.Its a shame that the mm2h.info forum closed down. It was a marvelous resource and was of considerable use when I went about putting together my application. Perhaps you can help me with my questions or someone here will....
1. I am currently in AbuDhabi and is it not enough that I travel to Malaysia on a regular tourist Visa (Social pass) and get my long term social pass stamped. What is Journey performed Visa and is it applicable for me?
2. My family of wife and two daughters are currently here in AbuDhabi with me. Are we all required to travel together to Malaysia within six months of the date of the conditional Acceptance Letter to complete the formalities or can I go to Putrajaya with my elder daughter (We will be travelling to Australia where she starts university in Jan 2015) and then have the rest of my family travel to Malaysia later to complete the formalities?
Thanks in advance.
Hi Rajuae, congratulations on getting your conditional letter. My application is still in the post, according to Royal Mail tracking it arrived in KM today so may have been delivered by the time you read this.
To answer your questions, I believe the 'journey performed' fee applies if you are already in MY when you apply for your visa. For example you work in the country and retire and need to change your visa. For question 2 yes you all need to go to the office with your passports.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Rajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond reputeRajuae has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Neonhippy
I hope all goes well for you. My application process was pretty straight forward and painless. However I had to prod it a couple of times as the bank verification response from my bank in the UAE did not progress as planned. Even the confirmation that the application was approved (Was approved on 24 Oct as per the scanned copy of the letter they sent me) was sent only after I inquired about it yesterday. They had also forgotten to mail it to me and have promised to do so today itself
In case you need any help I shall be more than happy to offer what little I know.
I am still looking for a suitable medical insurance policy and the bank offering best interest rates. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 11th 2014, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rajuae
I am still looking for a suitable medical insurance policy and the bank offering best interest rates. Any suggestions?
No suggestions yet, I've only just started listing all the banks and their respective interest rates. It seems to me at the moment that different banks do slightly better in different areas, no one bank stands out and it really comes down to how you think your money will be distributed across different current/savings/deposit accounts. Seeing the trouble that kennyboy is having getting money out of MY I will probably keep investment funds outside but that still leaves the fixed deposit and any capital investment if you buy a home. That is at least MYR600,000. When the banks typically hide a charge of around 3% in their exchange rate that will loose you MYR18,000 compared to most FX companies.

I'm still actively searching for an FI company that will trade in MYR, if I find one I'll be sure to post in the forum.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

kennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nice

Hi NeonHippy,

when wife and I arrived in M'sia two years ago we used UKForex to exchange GBP to MYR, with no probs at all

Kenny
Old Nov 12th 2014, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kennyboy33
when wife and I arrived in M'sia two years ago we used UKForex to exchange GBP to MYR, with no probs at all
Hi Kenny, thanks for that info.

Last edited by NeonHippy; Nov 12th 2014 at 12:30 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Kjarkata is an unknown quantity at this point

I have received the conditional approval letters, any help how to complete the next steps would be appreciated. I am looking for the guidenance for how to fill security bond form, specially the address/witness, insurance company and the medical clinics in KL/Putrajaya, MALAYSIA.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Take a look at the 'how to apply' thread. I'm keeping a log of my progress there.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Hi Kjakata
I hope you have found the info you need. NeonHippy has put together pretty much all you need. In case you need anything specific I will be more than happy to help.
I completed the process for myself and wife in Dec 2014 and then travelled to KL with my daughter on our way to Melbourne to get her Visa in Feb. In fact just gor back.
It went quite smooth and the MM2H office at Putrajay was surprisingly helpful and quick
Raj