Liquid Asset

Old Aug 9th 2017, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Rosebres is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Liquid Asset

We are interested in retiring to Johor Bahru. I am a Singaporean who have been living in the UK for 30 years and my husband is English, we are both still very young over 55 years old.

I am a bit confused with the financial requirements with regards to liquid asset of RM350k and income requirement of RM10,000.

Most of our cash unfortunately is tied up in property and therefore not liquid. Can rental income from Singapore and passive income from online business make up the income requirement on top of pensions?

The plan is to rent out our house in the UK and find a rented accomodation in JB.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 5:30 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Liquid Asset

Whilst the MM2H rules are not hard and fast and allow for some degree of discretion, I don't think a property portfolio would be at all acceptable. Someone applying for MM2H for the first time is going to be scrutinised rather more closely than someone renewing.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply. I have overlooked the fact that when I retire, my company will be paying a cash lump sum + monthly pension. I will be opting for the max lump sum and a smaller pension. Should be able to meet the requirement of liquid assets without selling any property.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

simon2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosebres
We are interested in retiring to Johor Bahru. I am a Singaporean who have been living in the UK for 30 years and my husband is English, we are both still very young over 55 years old.

I am a bit confused with the financial requirements with regards to liquid asset of RM350k and income requirement of RM10,000.

Most of our cash unfortunately is tied up in property and therefore not liquid. Can rental income from Singapore and passive income from online business make up the income requirement on top of pensions?

The plan is to rent out our house in the UK and find a rented accomodation in JB.
In my case, and my application was approved in May 2017 so this information is current, I was able to meet the RM10,000 by producing 3 months of income statements for rental properties, copies of dividends from stocks as well as bank interest. While for income 3 months of statements are needed, for dividends I only needed to show the dividend statement. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 13th 2017, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Brilliant! It is nice to know we can apply using the pension route since my husband's pension, my company's pension (when i retire) and the singapore rental income will exceed RM10,000 per month.
I will also ask our local estate agent to give a rental valuation for our house here in the UK once we finished updating it and will include that in our mm2h application.
Thank you so much for your help.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Pat in europe is on a distinguished road

Brilliant! It is nice to know we can apply using the pension route since my husband's pension, my company's pension (when i retire) and the singapore rental income will exceed RM10,000 per month.
I will also ask our local estate agent to give a rental valuation for our house here in the UK once we finished updating it and will include that in our mm2h application.

I received a newsletter last week from mm2h.com (I guess they are an agent rather than the government organization) which may be relevant to you:
"Effective 8th June 2017, anyone who wants to apply for an MM2H visa is required to submit a Letter of Good Conduct (LOGC) obtained from the police department and/or relevant security agencies in the applicant's original or domicile country. If you're applying for an LOGC from Singapore or Hong Kong, you will need to request for a letter of intent from the MM2H Centre in order to get the LOGC. The letter of intent will have to be taken to the police department in those countries personally in order for them to issue the LOGC.
Separately, there is no longer an exemption for government pensioners for the fixed deposit placement. Now all applicants, including government pensioners, will have to place a fixed deposit of RM150,000 if they are above 50 years of age. Those below 50 will have to place a fixed deposit of RM300,000."
Old Aug 14th 2017, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought if you own a property in Singapore the rental income from that should be close to or above RM10,000 per month.
Unless of course the property is HDB.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 9:54 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think this is really a change, it has for a long time been the case that you needed an LOGC and also a fixed deposit (even if you had a government pension).
Old Aug 14th 2017, 11:39 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a few agent's sites talk garbage unfortunately. I remember this site being discussed on the old my2home site.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pat in europe
I received a newsletter last week from mm2h.com (I guess they are an agent rather than the government organization)
Correct, mm2h.com is an agent.
mm2h.gov.my is the Government's website.
The government's website shows a pop-up window with the following text:
2) Letter of Good Conduct (LOGC) issued by Embassy or Consulate from Origin / Domicile Country No Longer Accepted
Effective 8 June 2017, MM2H Centre only accepts LOGC issued by police or security agencies from applicant's original or domicile country.
I think that the newsletter referred to this message.

Last edited by SushiFan; Aug 15th 2017 at 12:34 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 11:16 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SushiFan
Correct, mm2h.com is an agent.
mm2h.gov.my is the Government's website.
The government's website shows a pop-up window with the following text:
I think that the newsletter referred to this message.
When I did my second MM2H visa I had to get LGC from UK police (very efficient!!) but a bit bonkers since I hadn't lived or visited UK for a decade.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
When I did my second MM2H visa I had to get LGC from UK police (very efficient!!) but a bit bonkers since I hadn't lived or visited UK for a decade.
As Malaysia (Penang) is/was, more or less, your domicile country, couldn't you get a report from the Malaysian police?
Old Aug 16th 2017, 8:46 am
Hostage Negotiator

As Malaysia (Penang) is/was, more or less, your domicile country, couldn't you get a report from the Malaysian police?
Very logical, SushiFan, but also somewhat Pythonesque
Old Aug 16th 2017, 11:23 pm

I was told by my agent.... don't even think about it ! Apparently difficult and they muttered something about One Year

The first time around I did MM2H with late-husband we were living in Thailand at the time. The LGC requirement had only just come in... and we were given the choice of "home" country, current country or any ol country we had previously lived in. We decided on Thailand and had to fly up to Bangkok police to get it done. It was quite a laugh I can tell you.

Anyway... digressing a bit here
Old Aug 17th 2017, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

IVV, I don't particularly like snakes. Their seemingly unexpected behaviour scares me off.

BakedBean, I see. I wasn't living in my country of nationality when I applied for MM2H in 2015. My agent told me to go to the police headquarters in the city I was living in and get the LGC from there. The police seemed very familiar with this procedure and gave me the document in a sealed envelope, with strict instructions not to open it. Up to this day am I still very curious what was written on that piece of paper.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.