Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

If you need a Wheelchair in Penang

If you need a Wheelchair in Penang

Old Oct 10th 2014, 9:36 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you need a Wheelchair in Penang

I was over at Midlands One-Stop a few weeks back. That's along Jalan Burmah opposite Adventist Hospital. I popped into a pharmacy at the back of Midlands at ground level, and was amazed to see a collection of foldable wheelchairs for sale. I cannot ever remember seeing a wheelchair for sale anywhere, not that I've been particularly looking.

So...if anyone ever needs one, this is the place to go:

Biopharma Link Pharmacy, Units G15 and G16, Ground Floor, Midlands Park Centre. Tel (04) 226 7759
Old Oct 11th 2014, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you need a Wheelchair in Penang

Some tips for picking the right wheelchair:
Take the correct measurements when picking the right wheelchair:
Back height, seat width, seat depth, seat to food rest, armrest height and length, foot rest swing. Your body well supported and joints at hip, knee and ankles flex at 90° when seated properly upright in wheelchair.
Out door or indoor use: solid tires (indoor) vs pneumatic tires (outdoor) to navigate uneven surfaces and shock absorption.
Materials of wheelchair: steel, stainless steel, alloy. These affect the weight drastically and if needed to be lifted into boots of cars.
Transportable: some are made to be folded compactly and light with removable footrests vs just a width compress with footrest sticking out.
Seat cushions: plain foam vs high tech cushions that's breatheable, gives good support and distribute the pressure areas of buttocks.
Backing of wheelchair: removable, height adjustable, padding quality.

Last edited by columbine; Oct 11th 2014 at 12:41 am.
Old Oct 11th 2014, 8:49 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you need a Wheelchair in Penang

Some good tips, Columbine. The ones I saw in that pharmacy were fold-up ones. Very surprised to see them as I've never seen them in shops before. Maybe the proximity to the hospital gets them some good business.