Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Retirement and MM2H
Reload this Page >

Entering Malaysia with expired MM2H stamp and new passport

Entering Malaysia with expired MM2H stamp and new passport

Old May 9th 2024, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

ssoomro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Entering Malaysia with expired MM2H stamp and new passport

Hi fellow MM2Hers,

I need your advise on the issue of transferring remaining MM2H period to new passport.

I received my 10 year MM2H in 2016, at that time my passport was only valid through 2024, so the MM2H stamp has a validation date of July 2024.
My current passport bearing the original MM22H endorsement stamp (valid through July 2024) expires in December, i have already applied for a new passport. I will need to transfer the MM2H endorsement to my new passport.

However, the issue is that my current endorsement expires in July, but i will not be able to visit Malaysia until later in the year (October), at that time my current endorsement would have already expired and i will be carrying a new passport. Will there be a problem transferring the MM2H to my new passport (while the previous stamp has already expired).

Will i still be able to enter Malaysia on MM2H basis? if i am also carrying my old passport (with expired MM2H). Am I required to transfer the remaining period to new passport BEFORE old stamp has expired?

Your help is much appreciated

Last edited by ssoomro; May 9th 2024 at 6:11 pm.
Old May 9th 2024, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

ssoomro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Entering Malaysia with expired MM2H stamp and new passport

Originally Posted by ssoomro
Hi fellow MM2Hers,

I need your advise on the issue of transferring remaining MM2H period to new passport.

I received my 10 year MM2H in 2016, at that time my passport was only valid through 2024, so the MM2H stamp has a validation date of July 2024.
My current passport bearing the original MM22H endorsement stamp (valid through July 2024) expires in December, i have already applied for a new passport. I will need to transfer the MM2H endorsement to my new passport.

However, the issue is that my current endorsement expires in July, but i will not be able to visit Malaysia until later in the year (October), at that time my current endorsement would have already expired and i will be carrying a new passport. Will there be a problem transferring the MM2H to my new passport (while the previous stamp has already expired).

Will i still be able to enter Malaysia on MM2H basis? if i am also carrying my old passport (with expired MM2H). Am I required to transfer the remaining period to new passport BEFORE old stamp has expired?

Your help is much appreciated
BTW ..on another forum (MM2H group on facebook) someone posted the following answer to my query,

"I asked this question of my agent the other day as I will be in the UK when mine expires too. They said I can come back to MY and enter on a tourist visa and then get the MM2H stamp updated into my new passport when I’m here.
So you’d arrive on a tourist visa. Then change it over. I would carry all your documents as you won’t necessarily have a return ticket."...

Any comments from the MM2H gurus here ? ...seems like a valid response ...not to mention many save me an emergency trip to MY to get the new passport stamped before it expired