Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Where to spend Apr, May, and June in India? Nice weather/photography trip.

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

sandia911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to spend Apr, May, and June in India? Nice weather/photography trip.

I am planning a 3 month Indian trip (Apri, May, June), I know it is the Indian summer period, and it's a bad time to travel so I wish to explore Himalayan India in May, and June (Kashmir, Uttarchand, Himchal Pradesh, etc...), but the question is where to spend April? I don't like too much humidity, temperatures above 32, or too many rainy days, as I am a photographer, and I need clear skies for my photos. So, where do you recommend in April?

Keep in mind, in March (1 month before entering India), I am in Sri Lanka (I am spending March there), after Sri Lanka, I am flying to India, but I don't know where in India to spend April? I am considering Goa, but my research shows it's really hot, and I prefer breezy beaches, not sweltering.

Aside fro Goa, I am also considering just spending the entire 3 months in the far north of India, taking in Nepal perhaps? If I find a cheap flight (from Sri Lanka to Nepal, I'll take it), and enter northern India after Nepal. Alternately, if I find a cheap flight from Sri lanka, directly to Srinigar, or another Indian Himalayan city, I will take it, and enter Nepal after.

Anyways, let me know your thoughts of India/Nepal in Apr, May, and June.

Thanks.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Where to spend Apr, May, and June in India? Nice weather/photography trip.

Originally Posted by sandia911

I am planning a 3 month Indian trip (Apri, May, June), I know it is the Indian summer period, and it's a bad time to travel so I wish to explore Himalayan India in May, and June (Kashmir, Uttarchand, Himchal Pradesh, etc...), but the question is where to spend April? I don't like too much humidity, temperatures above 32, or too many rainy days, as I am a photographer, and I need clear skies for my photos. So, where do you recommend in April?

Keep in mind, in March (1 month before entering India), I am in Sri Lanka (I am spending March there), after Sri Lanka, I am flying to India, but I don't know where in India to spend April? I am considering Goa, but my research shows it's really hot, and I prefer breezy beaches, not sweltering.

Aside fro Goa, I am also considering just spending the entire 3 months in the far north of India, taking in Nepal perhaps? If I find a cheap flight (from Sri Lanka to Nepal, I'll take it), and enter northern India after Nepal. Alternately, if I find a cheap flight from Sri lanka, directly to Srinigar, or another Indian Himalayan city, I will take it, and enter Nepal after.

Anyways, let me know your thoughts of India/Nepal in Apr, May, and June.

Thanks.
We usually end up in Goa in April at the temp is 40 + deg and very humid.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where to spend Apr, May, and June in India? Nice weather/photography trip.

To be honest with you I think you are asking on the wrong forum. The people on here tend to spend their time in Goa and not other parts of India although most of us have travelled.
Your best bet would be
www.indiamike.com where the members are from all over the world who travel in India.