Where can we go now?

Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future
Question Where can we go now?

Hi everyone,

We are now looking for an alternative to Australia as it looks like we are about to be rejected. As our son has failed his medical due to him having a growth deficiency and the cost of his treatment could be too costly.

We are still fighting to go to Australia but feel our chances are now very slim.

We feel as though we cannot stay here in the UK for one reason or another but are unsure of where to try next that will be suitable for us and the kids.

Due to our sons condition we will need to go to a place where they have some sort of health service as well as having a requirement for my occupation.

I am a CNC machinist/engineer

Any thoughts would be well appreciated and considered

Cheers

Tony & Sonja
Old Jul 20th 2005, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Re: Where can we go now?

Originally Posted by SonjaNTony
Hi everyone,

We are now looking for an alternative to Australia as it looks like we are about to be rejected. As our son has failed his medical due to him having a growth deficiency and the cost of his treatment could be too costly.

We are still fighting to go to Australia but feel our chances are now very slim.

We feel as though we cannot stay here in the UK for one reason or another but are unsure of where to try next that will be suitable for us and the kids.

Due to our sons condition we will need to go to a place where they have some sort of health service as well as having a requirement for my occupation.

I am a CNC machinist/engineer

Any thoughts would be well appreciated and considered

Cheers

Tony & Sonja
Hi,

Read your story last night, hopefully things will work out.

some seem to look towards New Zealand and Canada but no idea on Health care there.

Best of luck,
Chris
Old Jul 21st 2005, 7:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can we go now?

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi,

Read your story last night, hopefully things will work out.

some seem to look towards New Zealand and Canada but no idea on Health care there.

Best of luck,
Chris
Both NZ and Canada have health requirements for migrants - these may not be exactly the same as Australia's, however.

The US is very difficult to migrate to without a close relative who's a US citizen or a sponsoring employer. And the healthcare costs there may definitely be an issue.

There are not many other accessible English speaking places out there. You could look at the Isle of Man if you wanted a different lifestyle to the mainland UK - British citizens without Manx status need work permits but that may not be a problem if you are skilled. http://www.gov.im

Another alternative could be Gibraltar - again check the permit situation but I believe it's fairly open to British citizens who can find employment. Climate is good, however housing costs are probably high due to lack of space.
http://www.gibraltar.gov.uk

Both Gibraltar and the IOM are outside the UK proper (although British territory) so you'd need to check the healthcare situation as the NHS won't apply.

Jeremy