Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Want to go -where to go?

Want to go -where to go?

Old Sep 29th 2011, 6:18 am
Banned

danieal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Want to go -where to go?

i like to go..St. Kitts & Nevis is an experience like no other. Situated in the Leeward Islands of the Caribbean Sea, with panoramic views of the neighboring islands of St. Barths, St. Martin, St. Eustatius and Saba, the twin-island Federation of St. Kitts & Nevis epitomizes the very best of unspoiled Caribbean destinations. An island of stunning natural beauty, St. Kitts’ emergence as a premier Caribbean destination has been carefully managed to ensure the maintenance of its abundant natural assets, cultural heritage and Caribbean charm.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:51 pm
Banned

Isner is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't suggest but it is better you should go where you would like to go and where you feel comfortable.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

johnkim is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not visit India ? It is cheap and definitely a warm (if not hot !) place. I have been there twice and I love it !
Old Apr 7th 2012, 12:17 pm
Banned

hercules143 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can search on Google for warm county.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 8:49 am
Banned

hercules143 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Montisjoy
Hi every one, I am new here but from what I read it is very informative.

I have enough of the cold weather , expensive heating bills.
I want to move somewhere nice and warm;

cannot decide canaries like Teneriffe or the caribic island although most of them are expensive but I am not sure about the Curaco the dutch parts. Thailand is very cheap I heard but has snakes and medical treatments can be a problem.

I know I am one of many asking the same question. Is there a nice place to be on this earth: warm, fairly safe and cheaper then europe????

I am a medical lab tech and a beautician with extensive qualifications and a small online shop so I guess I can get work.

I would really appreciate your help on this you can mail me
I think Egypt is best option for you.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 6:03 am
Banned

kanishka is an unknown quantity at this point

how about srilanka. one of the best places i have visited so far. nice beach sides with cheap hotels.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 9:09 am
Banned

nobenny is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you think about moving to Asia. a country like Sri Lanka would be great. low cost and nice people
Old Apr 10th 2013, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

UK19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Montisjoy
Hi every one, I am new here but from what I read it is very informative.

I have enough of the cold weather , expensive heating bills.
I want to move somewhere nice and warm;

cannot decide canaries like Teneriffe or the caribic island although most of them are expensive but I am not sure about the Curaco the dutch parts. Thailand is very cheap I heard but has snakes and medical treatments can be a problem.

I know I am one of many asking the same question. Is there a nice place to be on this earth: warm, fairly safe and cheaper then europe????

I am a medical lab tech and a beautician with extensive qualifications and a small online shop so I guess I can get work.

I would really appreciate your help on this you can mail me
I moved to the Philippines. It's easy to get Visas and pretty cheap. I live on the southernmost large island of Mindanao. Tagum City. I love it there, people are friendly and plenty of sunshie. But how are you going to earn an income???
Old Apr 13th 2013, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Montisjoy ever left home! If he or she is still reading this thread, probably not. Young people shouldn't ever get their knickers in a twist over where to go first. Just go! Why does it matter where they go first? It's most unlikely that they will end up there - unless they make a conscious decision to emigrate for the rest of their lives.

I left Australia in 1963 and headed straight for England; that's what young people did in those days. But I never intended to stay there forever. Some time during the next fifty years I - with a wife in tow - morphed from an Aussie expat to an English expat, with an EU passport to prove it as well as a Caribbean (Cayman Islands) passport, and a blogsite that is Cayman-oriented.

When our son was in his early 20s we did the same to him that our mothers had done to us at that age and pushed him off overseas. After drifting around various parts of the world for several years he ended up in Norway, of all unlikely places. Like the '70s song goes: C'est la vie, said the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell!
Old Mar 21st 2014, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Norman26 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's hard to find a warm country without all the poisonous insects and animals, however you can get repellents and live a safe life by getting some advice from the locals, I would suggest Australia or the Arab Emirates
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norman26
It's hard to find a warm country without all the poisonous insects and animals, however you can get repellents and live a safe life by getting some advice from the locals, I would suggest Australia or the Arab Emirates
Not really, Norman. There are plenty of places like that, even in just the Caribbean/Central America region. The Islands where we live are getting a bit expensive these days - mostly because our politicians are spendthrift clowns - and so we are considering moving to Latin America somewhere. Of course we're not typical BE members in that we are old and retired (tired and retired, I should have said!). But energetic young people will find plenty of opportunities in this part of the world.

The Emirates are where the big money is to be made, and Australia is safe and secure; but not everybody is after those things.