Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Social life in Nairobi?

Social life in Nairobi?

Old Sep 15th 2004, 4:54 am
Just Joined

cheery is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Social life in Nairobi?

Hi, thought I'd posted this on Sunday, but it seems to have gone astray...

I have just arrived in the Nairobi area, have started a new job, and would like to meet normal, interesting, non-axe-murdering people and make new friendships but have no idea where the best places are. Am also a bit concerned about going places on my own, although I have a friend who has just started work at the same place as me and would be interested in extending her social circle beyond 2 as well!

Advice welcome please!
Old Sep 28th 2004, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Elly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Social life in Nairobi?

Hi,
You are so lucky to have moved to Nairobi, it is fantastic.
I used to live there, but have just moved to UK.
Go to the Pavement Club n' Cafe or Gypsys, they are great places to meet people. Or call Jane Barnard on 0722525896, she is a great person to contact about relocation to Nairobi, and is an expat herself.
Good Luck
Elly

Originally Posted by cheery
Hi, thought I'd posted this on Sunday, but it seems to have gone astray...

I have just arrived in the Nairobi area, have started a new job, and would like to meet normal, interesting, non-axe-murdering people and make new friendships but have no idea where the best places are. Am also a bit concerned about going places on my own, although I have a friend who has just started work at the same place as me and would be interested in extending her social circle beyond 2 as well!

Advice welcome please!
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:30 am
Just Joined

cheery is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Social life in Nairobi?

Thanks Elly,

I'll give your suggestions a try this weekend, it'll be good to go somewhere that's not the Village Market!
Old Sep 30th 2004, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Elly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Social life in Nairobi?

Hi,
If you go to Pavement, ask for Silesh (he's the owner) he will introduce you to a good crowd of people.
Elly
Originally Posted by cheery
Thanks Elly,

I'll give your suggestions a try this weekend, it'll be good to go somewhere that's not the Village Market!