Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Russia - Siberia- Ask Vanya!

Russia - Siberia- Ask Vanya!

Old Sep 21st 2012, 6:13 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Russia - Siberia- Ask Vanya!

Thank you both! I'll be careful of non-bottled fruit juice and hope for the best with the tea/coffee!
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dmu
Thank you both! I'll be careful of non-bottled fruit juice and hope for the best with the tea/coffee!
Enjoy your trip, take lots of pics and let us know how everything went....
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 2:19 am
Just Joined

Jazvechkin8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Vanya,

Hope all is well. Im looking at moving to Moscow to work and live. im From UK but currently living in Whistler, BC, Canada. Id like a change.

Can you advise me of the visa situations etc. Im looking at working for a hotel doing serving or bartending etc.

Any information from you would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Jaz
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 8:14 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Enjoy your trip, take lots of pics and let us know how everything went....
Leaving in two weeks' time! DD2 soon to get on the Transsiberian at Vladivostok. Hopefully the twain shall meet!
Old Sep 26th 2012, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Vanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really nice

Sorry, I did not see recent posts. I hope you got your visa okay and registered it without difficulty.
Don't worry about drinking tea water. Russians are one of the great nations that know how to make good tea -using freshly boiled water!
I think you could easily get some unofficial work, but depending on your visa, you are not allowed to be employed unless you have a working or teachers visa etc.
Vanya

Originally Posted by Jazvechkin8
Hey Vanya,

Hope all is well. Im looking at moving to Moscow to work and live. im From UK but currently living in Whistler, BC, Canada. Id like a change.

Can you advise me of the visa situations etc. Im looking at working for a hotel doing serving or bartending etc.

Any information from you would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Jaz
Old Sep 30th 2012, 10:05 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Breaking (literally) news! I'm having to cancel my trip to St P since I've managed to fracture a bone in the ankle, and out of the question to drag a plastered foot any further than my house!
I'm choked about it, it was the opportunity of a life-time, but DD2 will enjoy it for me.
Thanks for all your advice!
Old Sep 30th 2012, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dmu
Breaking (literally) news! I'm having to cancel my trip to St P since I've managed to fracture a bone in the ankle, and out of the question to drag a plastered foot any further than my house!
I'm choked about it, it was the opportunity of a life-time, but DD2 will enjoy it for me.
Thanks for all your advice!

Oh No! Poor you! Be well soon!
Old Oct 1st 2012, 12:56 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by willmore
Oh No! Poor you! Be well soon!
Thanks for that!