Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Moving to UK from Ireland

Moving to UK from Ireland

Old Oct 22nd 2016, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Lady Nada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to UK from Ireland

Hi folks I had been asking re moving to the UK from Ireland last week and everyone was so helpful, thank you! I am currently having my qualifications assessed so I can register to practice in the UK as all jobs specify you jus the registered to be considered which makes sense. I have time as my son is in his Junior Cert year (similar to GCSE) I think! So I will wait until June 2017 to leave. Does anyone currently work in Social Work in Manchester that could advise me? I have friends there and it seems a better option to go somewhere I know ppl who have made this move and are settled there. My other question is re school will my son be ok transferring to UK educational system ? I assume he will go into the first year of A level cycle? Is there a transition year between GCSE and A level? Any advice re his schooling I would greatly appreciate, also what type of wage would one need to love a decent life as a single parent of one teenager? again thanks so much to all who have already helped 😊
Old Oct 25th 2016, 9:00 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to UK from Ireland

You probably want to post this in the MBTTUK thread rather than the rest of the world pages. It's cold and lonely over here.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 12:23 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

It might be many things, but cold doesnt happen here :-)
Old Oct 25th 2016, 12:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lady Nada
.... I have time as my son is in his Junior Cert year (similar to GCSE) I think! So I will wait until June 2017 to leave. ...... My other question is re school will my son be ok transferring to UK educational system ? I assume he will go into the first year of A level cycle? Is there a transition year between GCSE and A level? Any advice re his schooling I would greatly appreciate, .....
In the UK, GCSEs are the foundation on which A'levels are built, there is no transition between the two, so unless "Junior Cert" is very similar to GCSEs then he will find it difficult to go straight into A'levels. .... Personally I would advise against moving a child between education systems after the age of about 12-13, and preferably even a year or two before that.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 7:12 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
It might be many things, but cold doesnt happen here :-)
That's true, I meant in this corner of BE.

I miss the heat, but also love the fact I can sleep at night!
Old Oct 28th 2016, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Lady Nada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ededed
You probably want to post this in the MBTTUK thread rather than the rest of the world pages. It's cold and lonely over here.
Thanks for that! Am new to this forum and this is prob a stupid question where is the section you refer to?
Old Oct 28th 2016, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Lady Nada
Thanks for that! Am new to this forum and this is prob a stupid question where is the section you refer to?
No worries! It's right here Moving back to the UK - British Expats