Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Moving to Finland in 12 months shi**ing it!!

Moving to Finland in 12 months shi**ing it!!

Old Jun 10th 2006, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

pommie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving to Finland in 12 months shi**ing it!!

After moving from England to Australia I am now on my final leg of my journey over to Finland. Please could anyone point me in the direction of any Brit's living in Helsinki or close by. Any sort of websites would be helpful as well. If I could make contact and find out how life really is, I would feel much better. Thanks!!
Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

BajanJo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Finland in 12 months shi**ing it!!

Why do you want to move to Finland?
Old Jun 28th 2006, 12:51 am
Just Joined

pommie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BajanJo
Why do you want to move to Finland?
My wife is from Finland and she is missing home and family friends etc...
Old Jun 28th 2006, 2:25 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommie
My wife is from Finland and she is missing home and family friends etc...
Finland is a beautiful country and personally, I'd love to live there...I had a Finnish wife, and I just loved their country and culture. As long as you find yourself a decent combined wage (yeah...high taxes, but Finland won't look after you for nowt y'know), you'll settle just fine. And then there's also the fact that from there, it's only three hours to your English relatives and friends. And just think of all those Finnish saunas and beers you'll get to enjoy.

Just roll with it...it's much better that way.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

tootiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pommie
After moving from England to Australia I am now on my final leg of my journey over to Finland. Please could anyone point me in the direction of any Brit's living in Helsinki or close by. Any sort of websites would be helpful as well. If I could make contact and find out how life really is, I would feel much better. Thanks!!

I love Finland. When we lived in Stockholm, Sweden , we visited Finland many times.

My brother lives there, in Espoo. He's been there for over 10 years now. If you e-mail me privately, I'll give you his e-mail address. He knows many expats there, and has participated in numerous expat activities. He'd be able to give you a good account of living there.

Best of luck with your move.
Chris Jones.