British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Rest of the World (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rest-world-62/)
-   -   Living in/Visting Russia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rest-world-62/living-visting-russia-774863/)

Vanya Oct 17th 2012 4:53 am

Living in/Visting Russia

I've been living and working in Novosibirsk, Siberia for some time. Would be nice to know if any more Brits are around here. In fact would be good to chat here to anyone interested, whether living here, just visiting,or just interested!:)

Vanya

Glenara Feb 27th 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Living in/Visting Russia

There are no replies here... Nobody wants to visit Russia? :huh:

Vanya Feb 28th 2013 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Glenara (Post 10573767)
There are no replies here... Nobody wants to visit Russia? :huh:

What a pity!:ohmy:

scot47 Mar 3rd 2013 8:25 pm

People on this forum are all Russophobes, mentally still with Dizzie and worried about "the Roosians avin' Constantinopole".

Writing this on 3 March, I acknowledge the role Russia played in the liberation of Bulgaria in 1878.

Vanya Mar 31st 2013 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 10581054)
People on this forum are all Russophobes, mentally still with Dizzie and worried about "the Roosians avin' Constantinopole".

Writing this on 3 March, I acknowledge the role Russia played in the liberation of Bulgaria in 1878.

It's nice to have one reply:)

harold94 May 11th 2013 9:12 am

I worked in france and Russia as a governess for a Russian family it was very isolated as no one spoke English and I did not speak Russian the family spoke a little bit of English but I felt very alone, so I understand it is nice just to talk to someone if you can, I kept in touch with my son and my friends on facebook which kept me sane, and found English tv on youtube which also kept me going. I hope you find a way of keeping sane ha ha

mikelincs May 11th 2013 11:13 am

Originally Posted by harold94 (Post 10703271)
I worked in france and Russia as a governess for a Russian family it was very isolated as no one spoke English and I did not speak Russian the family spoke a little bit of English but I felt very alone, so I understand it is nice just to talk to someone if you can, I kept in touch with my son and my friends on facebook which kept me sane, and found English tv on youtube which also kept me going. I hope you find a way of keeping sane ha ha

All the Russian people I met on several trips over there were very friendly and welcoming, many of them were learning English and therefore desperate to talk to 'real' English people. Russian, once you have got past the different alphabet stage is a very structured language and reasonably easy to learn

Forres Jul 26th 2013 9:02 am

I work in Yuzhno-sakhalinsk but no where near you but it's a nice place to work. I am there for one month at a time then go home for a month.

Learning Russian has not been to bad. I live in Lithuania and many people there still speak Russian so I can still practise at home.

scot47 Aug 3rd 2013 8:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7P1dvTXuHA

mkeylianos Aug 30th 2013 5:43 am

I want to have in Russia, but I think I need more info about it. I hope you guys always keep posting here so that i have an idea about Russia.thanks

kbirch160459 Jan 14th 2014 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Vanya (Post 10334961)
I've been living and working in Novosibirsk, Siberia for some time. Would be nice to know if any more Brits are around here. In fact would be good to chat here to anyone interested, whether living here, just visiting,or just interested!:)

Vanya

My wife is Russian an I have visited Russia many times its great. The countryside is amazing and the people very friendly.

However Moscow can be daunting and a visit to Red square is a must.

inschrift Feb 13th 2014 12:31 pm

Hi, i`m currently in Moscow. Noone answers this topis as everyone is into the Olympic games))))
It was quite cold, now it`s turning to be + over 0, lots of headaches to everyone.

feldr Feb 13th 2014 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Forres (Post 10819985)
I work in Yuzhno-sakhalinsk but no where near you but it's a nice place to work. I am there for one month at a time then go home for a month.

Learning Russian has not been to bad. I live in Lithuania and many people there still speak Russian so I can still practise at home.

By that, I presume, the Island?:confused: