Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

I am english, so where can i live without all the bloody forms

I am english, so where can i live without all the bloody forms

Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:49 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I am english, so where can i live without all the bloody forms

My main home is in the Gambia. I have 800m beachfront, a huge house and 6 staff. The cost was very cheap; it is hot and the people are nice. There is an increasing Euro / Brit population living there and it is ok if you are a drunk driver!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:01 pm
Banned

steveo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: I am english, so where can i live without all the bloody forms

I am a UK citizen can I live and work in these countries without visas ect

Martinique (1)

Saint-Pierre and Miquelon (2)

how easy is Malaya to get in to ?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:38 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dago
..........There is an increasing Euro / Brit population living there and it is ok if you are a drunk driver!

Okay for whom...
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

akatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really nice

This is an old thread but it is a great question.

I am searching to see if there are any other more current threads with more up to date information.

The big question is if you have an EU Passport where can you move to (to retire) in the Sunny Caribbean without any red Tape?

Thanks
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by akatomw
This is an old thread but it is a great question.

I am searching to see if there are any other more current threads with more up to date information.

The big question is if you have an EU Passport where can you move to (to retire) in the Sunny Caribbean without any red Tape?

Thanks

Starting a new thread ..would have seemed to be a better option ..
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

akatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really niceakatomw is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
Starting a new thread ..would have seemed to be a better option ..
OK

I could start a new thread, since I am new here I did a search and "bumped" an old thread asking the same question.

"Where in the Caribbean can you move to with an EU Passport?"

Looks like Martinique and Guadaloupe are obvious choices.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steveo2
I am a UK citizen can I live and work in these countries without visas ect

Martinique (1)

Saint-Pierre and Miquelon (2)
What about the Dutch Antilles?

I am Wondering about Saba and Bonaire and Sint Eustatius, according to Wikipedia they are still part of the Netherlands?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by akatomw
What about the Dutch Antilles?

I am Wondering about Saba and Bonaire and Sint Eustatius, according to Wikipedia they are still part of the Netherlands?
Curacao, Bonaire & St Maarten are all part of the Netherlands Antilles
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Curacao, Bonaire & St Maarten are all part of the Netherlands Antilles
We went to Bonaire this year for the first time.. lovely place. They are worth watching for relocation because the NA is being dissolved this year, and Bonaire at least will become some sort of special Dutch municipality. There was lots of talk of them starting to use the Euro etc.. no one really figured out what it will mean to immigration, but I'm keeping MY eye on it.

Just in case. Great scuba diving there.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

pasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nice

Originally Posted by meauxna
We went to Bonaire this year for the first time.. lovely place. They are worth watching for relocation because the NA is being dissolved this year, and Bonaire at least will become some sort of special Dutch municipality. There was lots of talk of them starting to use the Euro etc.. no one really figured out what it will mean to immigration, but I'm keeping MY eye on it.

Just in case. Great scuba diving there.
I have just read this thread from beginning to end - and I found it very interesting! Hope you can all keep it going, perhaps by offering updates on the places discussed and the process involved in living there / applying to live there - information, which may have evolved since the beginning of this thread?

I noted that one member was asking for ideas for an online business - I was surprised by the lack of idea's from fellow members - perhaps this might form the basis of a new thread in the future? I myself have recently started an online business (amongst other things), but would always be interested in learning new ideas and of developing other opportunities - what about you lot?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:48 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoarding my ideas in case one of them ever makes me rich. <g>
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

pasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nice

Originally Posted by meauxna
I'm hoarding my ideas in case one of them ever makes me rich. <g>
Having read your reply, I now see that my question was quite naive.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by pasturesnew
Having read your reply, I now see that my question was quite naive.
Aww hey, just having some fun. I actually quite enjoy bouncing biz ideas around.. we should probably do it in another thread.. maybe another forum even.

It's not perfect, but maybe in the Working/by Profession forum would be a good place to gather. Everything else is split up by geography. I know there are several self-employed folk in the USA Forum too.

btw, I don't have the million dollar idea yet but my DH might be on to something.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

No problem Meauxna - would like to see this thread continued, or carried on elsewhere.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by pasturesnew
No problem Meauxna - would like to see this thread continued, or carried on elsewhere.
Super! Drop me a note when you start a new thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.