Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

I am english, so where can i live without all the bloody forms

I am english, so where can i live without all the bloody forms

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Bartholomewp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I am english, so where can i live without all the bloody forms

I would recomend Belize or Panama, as long as you can derive an income from outside the country, if not then take enough with you to start a small business.

Both are pretty easy to get some for of residency, eith the 30 renewal program in Belize or the "retired person" visa in Panama, where you just have to prove and externally derived income of $500 a month.

Learn how to trade Forex over the internet, its a wonderfull portable profession or sell tax liens from a internet site or Ebay, there must be hundres of portable careers derived from the internet.

Any other suggestions people?
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 5:44 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alkristensen
A. english speaking
B.warm climate.
C:by the sea
D: nowhere in the uk
Lebanon. Beautiful country. Both English and French are widely spoken. Good weather. By the sea. Not in the UK. hehe.. The people are great. OK, that was the advertisement of the day.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

expatinasia is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what i know about Malaysia.
Official language: English / Malaysian
Climate: Warm / tropical
By the sea: It's a big peninsula so you really can't be more than an hour from the ocean.
Nowhere in UK: it's over 10 hrs by plane!

I've visited Malaysia a few times and the people are friendly, everything is inexpensive and the country is very safe. There's this program called Malaysia my second home so that you can live there. Good site to look at is www.homemalaysia.com. Not too expensive if you apply through this company. Less than you've already spent i guess. And they only take about a month. Good luck searching.

hi

i am in the process of applying to live in australia, but will probably fail on the fact that i have 2 drink driving convictions, so does anyone know of an english speaking place in the world that is warm and by the ocean where you dont need a visa or at least all the bloody checks to live(unlike america and australia), I dont care if its an island or a continent, and have heard of a SAINT something or other that is half french halfr brit where you just need a brit passport and a few other bits and bats to gain residency or at least work and live.
Its in the caribbean somewhere, but i cant remember what it6s called if anyone knows it would be a great help.

But more importantly is there anywhere out there that meets my criteria of
A. english speaking
B.warm climate.

any names or help wouold be mjuch appreciated after i have spent nearly 4 grand on maybe failiong trhe oz visa.

alk
Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

graham spencer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ive just checked out the carribean

ive just checked out the carribean for work online and the employer has to apply for you for the working forms and you have to have a police sighned clearance letter to say you are clean,but this might not be for all the islands, the one i checked out was cayman.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 7:42 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ive just checked out the carribean

Originally Posted by graham spencer
ive just checked out the carribean for work online and the employer has to apply for you for the working forms and you have to have a police sighned clearance letter to say you are clean,but this might not be for all the islands, the one i checked out was cayman.
There are many different countries and territories in the Caribbean and they all more or less have different immigration laws.

Jeremy
Old Nov 17th 2004, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of
Smile Re: I am english, so where can i live without all the bloody forms

Originally Posted by Bob
St Helena....

Out in the middle of no where, but they do have tele, a mate was from there, there's a couple on the island apparantly....

No cars, lots of rocks and guano, very windswept (could be romantic) did I mention lots of guano? Your car rusts, your doors rust, hell the fillings in your teeth rust! And the sea is bloody freezing and filled with Great Whites. Bad advice Bob.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:47 pm
Bend it!

David_Beckham has a spectacular aura aboutDavid_Beckham has a spectacular aura aboutDavid_Beckham has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by G'Day
No cars, lots of rocks and guano, very windswept (could be romantic) did I mention lots of guano? Your car rusts, your doors rust, hell the fillings in your teeth rust! And the sea is bloody freezing and filled with Great Whites. Bad advice Bob.
sounds like Liverpool.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David_Beckham
sounds like Liverpool.
Yeah, but they probably don't get nicked at St Helena
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:01 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally Posted by David_Beckham
sounds like Liverpool.
Leeds...god I hate that place...and the people in it
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:47 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Yeah, but they probably don't get nicked at St Helena
St Helens sounds similar though.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 4:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chopper-Chris
Leeds...god I hate that place...and the people in it
Cheap booze and lots of curry though....so not all pants *l*
Old Nov 18th 2004, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

How about Tenerife? not been there myself, but my brother lives there, and my sister looks like she's off there too! Both of them love it, no problem with the language, if you have a trade then you'll get work with the expats, hot & sunny most of the year & I dont think there are lots of complicated forms etc. Worth a thought!!! Good luck !!!
Old Dec 1st 2004, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

killie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: I am english, so where can i live without all the bloody forms

hi

i am in the process of applying to live in australia, but will probably fail on the fact that i have 2 drink driving convictions, so does anyone know of an english speaking place in the world that is warm and by the ocean where you dont need a visa or at least all the bloody checks to live(unlike america and australia), I dont care if its an island or a continent, and have heard of a SAINT something or other that is half french halfr brit where you just need a brit passport and a few other bits and bats to gain residency or at least work and live.
Its in the caribbean somewhere, but i cant remember what it6s called if anyone knows it would be a great help.

But more importantly is there anywhere out there that meets my criteria of
A. english speaking
B.warm climate.

any names or help wouold be mjuch appreciated after i have spent nearly 4 grand on maybe failiong trhe oz visa.

alk
hi
have had mega problems with ozz too as florist and hgv driver apparently isnt on the list of beig skillied so cant even get the forms!!we live in scotland and have bought an 1/12/acre plot in the gambia and are building a house just now with a couple of guest appts phoned the gambian embassy today who say NO FORMS NOTHING your passport birth certs and get on a plane arrive tell immigration you want to stay 48hrs later go to the embassy out there and it cost about £100 and bobs your uncle they give you a visa and more than happy you are there.unlike ozz a british colony who make things so b***y hard that they put you off before you get there. its sun sand and sea for us and planning to put the house on the market after new year and bog off to sunnier climates hope this maybe gives you some hope and the cost of living is very cheap out there.4 grand would have built your house!!email me if you want to know anymore.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 3:55 pm
It's full of stars

in2deep is an unknown quantity at this point

Beer is lousy in Gambia. Joyfull JulBrew = yeuch!
Old Dec 1st 2004, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

killie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant futurekillie has a brilliant future
Smile Re: I am english, so where can i live without all the bloody forms

Originally Posted by in2deep
Beer is lousy in Gambia. Joyfull JulBrew = yeuch!
ok so the beers lousy but the weathers fab and the cost of living as a scot we can drink most lousy anything!!!**

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.