Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

Advice Needed - Moving to India (Bangalore)

Advice Needed - Moving to India (Bangalore)

Old Jan 16th 2011, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

hs125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice Needed - Moving to India (Bangalore)

Hi All,

I'm shortly going to be moving to Bangalore on a rotational contract (3 months on 3 weeks off)

I have just received a contract, I was under the impression that it was going to be tax free, but can anyone help with the indian rate of income tax?

There is also mention of a compulsory contribution to a fund (Employees Provident Fund) which can be recovered at a later stage, can anyone help with what rate this contribution is?

I have up to $1,000 monthly housing allowance, Is that realistic? I'm looking for somewhere furnished ideally with broadband etc included. If anyone has reputable contacts for rental property and ground transportation that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:57 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Advice Needed - Moving to India (Bangalore)

PF contribution is 12 % and should be withdrawable within 2 months of leaving although some discussion if this is the case and I thought I had read this may change but for the life of me can not find the reference !!!
Inome tax is on a sliding scale in the region of 30 %
Housing allowance seems a little low