Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Tradesman to build a wall

Tradesman to build a wall

Old Jun 3rd 2014, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

jenny-laurel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tradesman to build a wall

Hello all, not sure if this is going to yield any results-but here goes!

I am trying to find a local builder who can put some capping on the front wall of my property. I have just purchased the house and the wall has been built but no top capping has been put on. I have approached a handful of guys recommended by neighbours and locals but none have been very forthcoming! They have either agreed to do the work and then not turned up or they have not bothered answering their phone when they see it is a UK number. I am residing in the UK at the moment with a view to relocating shortly.

I have found from experience that not many tradesmen seem to want to work? Or have I just been unlucky? There is no problem with payment and I am over and back to the house at least once a month. I would be very grateful for any recommendations. I am very close to Cavan/Longford.

Thank you all very much.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tradesman to build a wall

Originally Posted by jenny-laurel
Hello all, not sure if this is going to yield any results-but here goes!

I am trying to find a local builder who can put some capping on the front wall of my property. I have just purchased the house and the wall has been built but no top capping has been put on. I have approached a handful of guys recommended by neighbours and locals but none have been very forthcoming! They have either agreed to do the work and then not turned up or they have not bothered answering their phone when they see it is a UK number. I am residing in the UK at the moment with a view to relocating shortly.

I have found from experience that not many tradesmen seem to want to work? Or have I just been unlucky? There is no problem with payment and I am over and back to the house at least once a month. I would be very grateful for any recommendations. I am very close to Cavan/Longford.

Thank you all very much.
Believe me, it happens all the time and I don't see any recession.
You could try http://www.tradesmen.ie/
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

jenny-laurel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tradesman to build a wall

Thank you very much. I will try them.

Best wishes.