Reload this Page >

surinda singh route ireland

surinda singh route ireland

Old Jan 14th 2017, 10:28 am
Just Joined

knsda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default surinda singh route ireland

help !!!
after 2 refusals to bring my Venezuelan wife to UK, I have been advised of the surinda singh route !
I am british, national.
I need more info please
Old Jan 14th 2017, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: surinda singh route ireland

Originally Posted by knsda
help !!!
after 2 refusals to bring my Venezuelan wife to UK, I have been advised of the surinda singh route !
I am british, national.
I need more info please
What are your plans to exercise EEA treaty rights as a British Citizen in Ireland?
Work / Study / Self employment or independent means?

You will find the link below helpful -

Family Members of EU/EEA /Swiss Citizens
Old Jan 14th 2017, 11:29 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Which visa(s) was your wife trying to apply for and on what grounds were they refused?
Old Jan 14th 2017, 11:56 am
Just Joined

we applied for visitors visa, then I engaged solicitor who advised and guided us through process again, for visitor visa. refused both times that she had not satisfied her employment/earnings, and unsure as to whether she would return home.
she speaks little English.
we cannot live in England, and Venezuela is unsuitable for me, Ireland will allow us to be together,work, and eventually move back to UK ?
Old Jan 14th 2017, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it, you have to move effectively your whole life, in this case to Ireland, live there and work there for at least 6 months before you can apply to bring your wife to UK. The link given by HKG3 gives you the info. I'm puzzled though. You say you cannot live in England and Venezuela is unsuitable for you, but then say "and eventually move back to the UK"?? So, were you looking to just visit the UK for a short time, or are you looking to move back to live? With more clarity you'll get more relevant answers.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

sorry, I meant to say my government/country will not allow us to be together as husband and wife in England with all the visa issues.
Venezuela is very unstable at the moment, politically and financially.
I would hope to eventually move back to UK with my wife.
does that make sense to you ?
Old Jan 14th 2017, 1:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to return to the UK with your wife to live, why were you applying for visitor visas?
Old Jan 14th 2017, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

bad advice from solicitor
Old Jan 14th 2017, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by knsda
bad advice from solicitor
Have you looked into applying for a spouse visa for your wife? Are you aware of the requirements? Take a look at the Spouse Immigration guide on the wiki.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

we have been through all that, and yes I am aware of the requirements.im really looking for advice on the surinda singh route, as per thread title
Old Jan 14th 2017, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You have to move to Ireland and live there for a number of months with jobs and accommodation.

You have to show that you have moved your centre of life to Ireland and not just to "get around UK immigration rules"

Recently, several people have been refused EEA Family permits because the authorities did not believe they had moved to Ireland merely to live and work.

Plan on staying in Ireland for a year to more to fulfill requirements.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Have you looked into applying for a spouse visa for your wife? Are you aware of the requirements? Take a look at the Spouse Immigration guide on the wiki.
If I understand rules, if I am in UK and working for 6 months to meet income requirement, then can apply for non-EEA spouse, can spouse ( child is British) be in UK during that period as a student ? We are looking at Ireland as well as it seems easier for residence for spouse straight away.

Wife has some background in medical field, and as a teacher, if she secured employment offer, could she then apply for ILR afterwards ?

If 1 year the guideline for SS route under current rules, how soon would you expect Brexit to cause changes ?
Old Jan 15th 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by morpeth
If I understand rules, if I am in UK and working for 6 months to meet income requirement, then can apply for non-EEA spouse, can spouse ( child is British) be in UK during that period as a student ? We are looking at Ireland as well as it seems easier for residence for spouse straight away.
Providing your spouse has a valid student visa during this time then yes. She could then apply for her spouse visa from within the UK rather than returning to her home country.

Wife has some background in medical field, and as a teacher, if she secured employment offer, could she then apply for ILR afterwards ?
It would take five years before your wife would be eligible for ILR, either on a spouse or work visa. Any time spent on a student visa wouldn't count towards the five years.

If 1 year the guideline for SS route under current rules, how soon would you expect Brexit to cause changes ?
One year residence is a rule of thumb, it could be more or less depending on your circumstances and the opinion of the Entry Clearance Officer handling your case. The SS route is likely to end with the UK's departure from the EU/EEA which in theory will be April 2019 although it may cease beforehand depending on the negotiation process.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Providing your spouse has a valid student visa during this time then yes. She could then apply for her spouse visa from within the UK rather than returning to her home country.

It would take five years before your wife would be eligible for ILR, either on a spouse or work visa. Any time spent on a student visa wouldn't count towards the five years.

One year residence is a rule of thumb, it could be more or less depending on your circumstances and the opinion of the Entry Clearance Officer handling your case. The SS route is likely to end with the UK's departure from the EU/EEA which in theory will be April 2019 although it may cease beforehand depending on the negotiation process.
Thanks.

Does Ireland have a rule like UK of minimum income requirement for residency ?

I wonder what are your thoughts about post-Brexit, how will that effect Brits living in the EU currently ?
Old Jan 15th 2017, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by morpeth
Thanks.

Does Ireland have a rule like UK of minimum income requirement for residency ?
Not under EEA freedom of movement rules.

I wonder what are your thoughts about post-Brexit, how will that effect Brits living in the EU currently ?
They'll likely be a cut-off point for eligibility for residency but each country will likely apply their own rules. The whole situation is incredibly fluid however since no party has even established a negotiation position yet. Any changes won't affect British citizens in the RoI as this is covered separately by the Common Travel Area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.