Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Stamp 4 and working in mainland Europe

Stamp 4 and working in mainland Europe

Old Jan 6th 2012, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Steinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really nice
Default Stamp 4 and working in mainland Europe

Hi,

I am looking for some information for someone, they are a non-EU citizen, spouse of an Irish citizen and they have a Stamp 4 visa for Ireland.
I would like to know if they can work in the UK & mainland Europe using the Stamp 4 visa?
If so, can anyone point me in the right direction to information about this.

Thanks!

Mods: maybe if it is more suitable for the general Europe forum please move it, thanks.

Last edited by Steinberger; Jan 6th 2012 at 7:16 am.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:02 pm
Banned

Joe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to all
Default Re: Stamp 4 and working in mainland Europe

Originally Posted by Steinberger
Hi,

I am looking for some information for someone, they are a non-EU citizen, spouse of an Irish citizen and they have a Stamp 4 visa for Ireland.
I would like to know if they can work in the UK & mainland Europe using the Stamp 4 visa?
If so, can anyone point me in the right direction to information about this.

Thanks!

Mods: maybe if it is more suitable for the general Europe forum please move it, thanks.
Legally they cannot work outside of Ireland on a stamp 4 visa.
They will have to apply for a UK visa at the Home Office in London.
All the information you need is here:
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Steinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really niceSteinberger is just really nice

I found the correct information earlier, they don't make it easy. You'd think with Ireland being in the EU they'd issue visas to cover the whole of the EU not just Ireland..
For anyone interested the information for the UK starts here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eu...family-permit/

I presume it's the same in each individual EU country.

Last edited by Steinberger; Jan 6th 2012 at 1:25 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:59 pm
Banned

Joe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to allJoe-Soap is a name known to all

I found the correct information earlier, they don't make it easy. You'd think with Ireland being in the EU they'd issue visas to cover the whole of the EU not just Ireland..
For anyone interested the information for the UK starts here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eu...family-permit/

I presume it's the same in each individual EU country.
Yes, it is the same process in each EU country.
You have to apply for a visa stamp in the country in which you wish to work.
If you are an EU citizen you are free to live and work anywhere in the EU, but unfortunately this does not apply to your spouse.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 2:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

1. No, they will need to get the relevant visa from the country concerned (which might be possible based on marriage to an EEA citizen, but it is a separate process to follow).

2. Be aware that it a. may cause loss of current Irish immigration status and b. almost certainly will remove any eligibility or prospective eligibility for Irish citizenship.

So probably not such a good idea.