Rural Ireland

Old Sep 12th 2011, 4:29 am
Just Joined

TonyK58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rural Ireland

Originally Posted by dairymaid
Look ...all you Brits in Ireland can fool yourselves as to the level of approbation in which you're held but the truth is you are foreigners and the most disliked..bring on any Pole, Nigerian anything but a Brit!
I was born and grew up in Ireland. I never saw anything along the lines you claim. If anything, it's the Nigerian who's had the hard time settling into Ireland.

Last edited by TonyK58; Sep 12th 2011 at 4:50 am.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:54 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TonyK58
I was born and grew up in Ireland. I never saw anything along the lines you claim. If anything, it's the Nigerian who's had the hard time settling into Ireland.
I think dairymaid was doing a spot of trolling.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Brucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really nice

whats trolling?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

smidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Brucey
whats trolling?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29
Old Sep 12th 2011, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Brucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really nice

Ahh that might explain it

cheers
Old Sep 12th 2011, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Horus has a spectacular aura aboutHorus has a spectacular aura aboutHorus has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Londonuck
I think dairymaid was doing a spot of trolling.
Yep - me thinks she's a bit of a flamer - to say her other posts are just about not being able to get ITV on her Sky box in Spain. Poor girl obviously need something to pass her time when she can't watch Corrie.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 8:14 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Actually, I think it varies wherever you go in the country.
I find the Dubs the friendliest of all to English people, those in Cork the worst.
But you've got to remember no matter how bad the Irish might hate anyone else they loath themselves even more.
People from Cork hate the Kerry crowd, the Midlands seems to be despised by just about everyone else and even some poxy GAA match between two obscure towns usually ends up in a full-scale punch-up over some perceived slight.
Then throw into this mix the national self-loathing, huge inferiority complex and the whiney justification that the Irish are somehow special because they drink a lot and have good craic ( translated it means they can't hold their drink, could start an argument on their own in a 'phone box and usually end up face-down in a pool of their own Abrekebabra-infused vomit. )
Trust me, rural Ireland is an in-bred shithole.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
Actually, I think it varies wherever you go in the country.
I find the Dubs the friendliest of all to English people, those in Cork the worst.
But you've got to remember no matter how bad the Irish might hate anyone else they loath themselves even more.
People from Cork hate the Kerry crowd, the Midlands seems to be despised by just about everyone else and even some poxy GAA match between two obscure towns usually ends up in a full-scale punch-up over some perceived slight.
Then throw into this mix the national self-loathing, huge inferiority complex and the whiney justification that the Irish are somehow special because they drink a lot and have good craic ( translated it means they can't hold their drink, could start an argument on their own in a 'phone box and usually end up face-down in a pool of their own Abrekebabra-infused vomit. )
Trust me, rural Ireland is an in-bred shithole.
Ok lets see if I've got the hang of this, is the above a perfect example of trolling
Old Sep 13th 2011, 11:22 am
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Brucey
Ok lets see if I've got the hang of this, is the above a perfect example of trolling
Nope, it's not trolling.
Rural Ireland is like stepping back in time when people used baling twine instead of belts for their trousers and you can still see two or three tractors in a pub car park.
It's quaint when you're visiting but eventually you'll yearn to have a drink somewhere that doesn't always smell of cow shit.
And a packet of bacon fries doesn't constitute pub grub.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 4:16 pm
Banned

An man moves into a tiny village in County Kerry, walks into the pub and promptly orders three beers. The bartender raises his eyebrows, but serves the man three beers, which he drinks quietly at a table, alone.

An hour later, the man has finished the three beers and orders three more.This happens yet again. The next evening the man again orders and drinks three beers at a time, several times. Soon the entire town is whispering about the "Man Who Orders Three Beers."

Finally, a week later, the bartender broaches the subject on behalf of the town. "I don't mean to pry, but folks around here are wondering why youalways order three beers?"

"Tis odd, isn't it?" the man replies, "You see, I have two brothers, and one went to America, and the other to Australia. We promised each other that we would always order an extra two beers whenever we drank as a way of keeping up the family bond."

The bartender and the whole town were pleased with this answer, and soon the "Man Who Orders Three Beers" became a local celebrity and source of pride to the village, even to the extent that out-of-towners would come to watch him
drink. Then, one day, the man comes in and orders only two beers. The bartender pours them with a heavy heart. This continues for the rest of the evening: he orders only two beers. The word flies around town. Prayers are offered for the soul of one of the brothers.

The next day, the bartender says to the man, "Folks around here, me first of all, want to offer condolences to you for the death of your brother. You know-the two beers and all...."

The man ponders this for a moment, then replies, "You'll be happy to hear that my two brothers are alive and well. It's just that I, myself, have decided to give up drinking for Lent."
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

jonnolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Cuthbert, on behalf of the rest of humanity, take a break: shall we say the rest of your pathetic life ? Seeing as how all the negativity and tales of bad experiences are coming from you, I like everyone else has worked out that the common denominator is in fact 'you'. I can see why you have received such a warm welcome from the friendliest nation on earth. I'm sure this post won't stop your juvenile stick prodding but just wanted to express how valued your constructive comments are on all your visited articles and posts. Not

Oh, by the way. You were itching to know why I haven't moved to Ireland yet? Well 'oh valued member of society', that was because my elderly mother was seriously ill. There, make a joke of that and then back to your empty worthless life where your only company is your sad bulletin posts. I'll await your low intelligence, juvenile reposte with baited breath.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

smidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nicesmidsy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
An man moves into a tiny village in County Kerry, walks into the pub and promptly orders three beers. The bartender raises his eyebrows, but serves the man three beers, which he drinks quietly at a table, alone.

An hour later, the man has finished the three beers and orders three more.This happens yet again. The next evening the man again orders and drinks three beers at a time, several times. Soon the entire town is whispering about the "Man Who Orders Three Beers."

Finally, a week later, the bartender broaches the subject on behalf of the town. "I don't mean to pry, but folks around here are wondering why youalways order three beers?"

"Tis odd, isn't it?" the man replies, "You see, I have two brothers, and one went to America, and the other to Australia. We promised each other that we would always order an extra two beers whenever we drank as a way of keeping up the family bond."

The bartender and the whole town were pleased with this answer, and soon the "Man Who Orders Three Beers" became a local celebrity and source of pride to the village, even to the extent that out-of-towners would come to watch him
drink. Then, one day, the man comes in and orders only two beers. The bartender pours them with a heavy heart. This continues for the rest of the evening: he orders only two beers. The word flies around town. Prayers are offered for the soul of one of the brothers.

The next day, the bartender says to the man, "Folks around here, me first of all, want to offer condolences to you for the death of your brother. You know-the two beers and all...."

The man ponders this for a moment, then replies, "You'll be happy to hear that my two brothers are alive and well. It's just that I, myself, have decided to give up drinking for Lent."
Im the least offended by Irish jokes, but that one is offensive, cause its SHIT !!

If your gone slag, do it right !
Old Sep 17th 2011, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Last edited by smidsy; Sep 17th 2011 at 5:01 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

jonnolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this aimed at cuthbert or me? If the latter, totally lost now
Old Sep 17th 2011, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonnolly
Is this aimed at cuthbert or me? If the latter, totally lost now
all good mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.