Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Republic of Ireland
Reload this Page >

Quick work permit for non-EEA spouse...possible?

Quick work permit for non-EEA spouse...possible?

Old Jul 21st 2016, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

CaptainMorgan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick work permit for non-EEA spouse...possible?

Hello all,

Anecdotes and tips welcome!

I'm a Brit moving to Dublin with my non-EEA spouse.

I want the wife to be able to get work permit as soon as possible, since we've grown accustomed to eating 3 times daily and living in a house.

If I understand correctly, she'll need to get a "stamp 4" or a residency card to look for a job. Google says residency card application takes up to 6 months, which is quite a long time. So the question is - how does one go about getting a "stamp 4" and how quickly can I reasonably expect her to get permission to work?.

She's going to apply for an entry visa despite being on the visa-exempt list, since our intention is to stay and work.

I did use my Google-fu, but I'm ready for the pitchforks.

Thanks,

Seb
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick work permit for non-EEA spouse...possible?

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan
Hello all,

I want the wife to be able to get work permit as soon as possible, since we've grown accustomed to eating 3 times daily and living in a house.

If I understand correctly, she'll need to get a "stamp 4" or a residency card to look for a job. Google says residency card application takes up to 6 months, which is quite a long time. So the question is - how does one go about getting a "stamp 4" and how quickly can I reasonably expect her to get permission to work?.

She's going to apply for an entry visa despite being on the visa-exempt list, since our intention is to stay and work.

Thanks,

Seb

This explains everything:-) I think you are mixing up the duration of permit with the time waiting for a permit.
General Employment Permit
Old Jul 26th 2016, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

CaptainMorgan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moses2013
This explains everything:-) I think you are mixing up the duration of permit with the time waiting for a permit.
General Employment Permit
Thank you for your guidance Moses. On that page it does say that:
"
Employment permit not necessary
If you are a non-EEA national you do not need an employment permit if:

You have permission to remain as the spouse, civil partner or dependant of an Irish or EEA national
"
So now I'm even more confused. I've lots of reading to do!
Old Jul 26th 2016, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Since you are a British Citizen, would it be better for your wife to apply for a Irish EEA family permit from outside Ireland?

Family Members of EU/EEA /Swiss Citizens
Old Jan 9th 2017, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan
Hello all,

Thanks,

Seb
I am wondering the same question, for example can the "stamp 4" e applied to after entering or does it need to be afterwards ?